• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rubber mats for teepads

A course in Central, SC used pavers from Innova filled with crushed rock. No complaints that ive heard and they drain well and don't leave pivot marks. I think the cost of the pavers is about $60 per tee. Most cities and counties should provide crushed rock at no cost.

A course in Central, SC used pavers from Innova filled with crushed rock. No complaints that ive heard and they drain well and don't leave pivot marks. I think the cost of the pavers is about $60 per tee. Most cities and counties should provide crushed rock at no cost.

I'll second these pads. I played Grand Central a few weeks ago, and as long as the crushed rock is maintained, the pads are as good as concrete.

I originally thought the rubber pads were great when I tried them. But now that I've tried them in some other conditions I've decided against them. It may depend on the brand of mat but even if the mat is dry when you step on them with any dampness on the soles of your feet they are SLICK. We had two different people go down in my foursome at a recent event for this. I also understand the concern with crushed stone - they will get dug out no matter how hard you pack it.

I've come to prefer crushed stone topped with an old fashion turf like "carpet". The Blockhouse and Walnut Creek both have this and I think they are even better than concrete. Make a nice big frame fill with crush stone with a little bit of crowning so it drains, pack, cover with carpet attached to the framing, enjoy. No struggle with getting concrete out to remote tee sites, easy to make really big pads for those of use that don't take a straight on run up / X-step. Walnut Creek even used different color carpet to designate different pads - green and blue.

Can't comment on pavers, I've got them at my house but I've not played any course with them to have any experience with how well they stay in place with heavy use.

edit - The comment about "as long as the crushed rock is maintained caught my attention. You can get a special grout that solidifies. Anything that requires routine maintains could become a problem.

Last edited:

Latest posts