• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
are any of the pockets large enough to fit a hoodie into? i can't quite tell how much those pockets on the sides will stretch. regardless i'm excited for this bag to be released

are any of the pockets large enough to fit a hoodie into? i can't quite tell how much those pockets on the sides will stretch. regardless i'm excited for this bag to be released

The larges lt side pocket will be able to fit a hoodie

I can't seem to watch the video - my computer freezes each time I try (probably need to update something) so forgive me if it answers my question:

I'm looking to upgrade in size and comfort from my Fade Crunch - this seems perfect. Anyone have a bead on the capacity of this thing? Does the maximum "20" listed on the website include the putter pockets, or is that in addition? 20+ discs sounds just right, but I was wondering how snug 18 would be in the main compartment.

22 at the absolute max. 18 may be a tad snug, worst case you can do 14 in the main and then 2 in each of the large side pockets

All this Ballistic/Condura talk is confusing. I've heard some complaints on the integrity of the fabric on the ranger, just hoping this thing will last...

All this Ballistic/Condura talk is confusing. I've heard some complaints on the integrity of the fabric on the ranger, just hoping this thing will last...
This will most definitely have better materials than the ranger. The ranger is cheaper material, but still good for our sport.

Physical flight bags are made with all the best ballistic nylon. The catalyst will be made with the best ballistic nylon as well as the best cordura. Trust me, it will last, and probably outlast a ranger through heavy play

Price tag aside, is this bag better than the Ranger?
I say Ranger, which is why I picked up a Ranger to try and not a Catalyst. Ranger has more disc and non-disc storage. Honestly though I think these bags target different golfers.
As far as best materials go....I'll agree the materials are better, but the materials that DD used for their bags is perfectly fine for playing DG. Look at the Innovate/Fade bags...they hold up fine. So unless you tend to throw your bag in front of a train during a round...or perhaps play DG I'm a poor neighborhood and need you bag to also serve as a bullet proof vest...then the materials should be moot. Heck, there will be new and different bags released in the next 5 years anyway and then we will all upgrade. Pardon my rant, just waiting on the next bag company to produce a carbon fiber bag wrapped in kevlar.

This bag hits a sweet spot for me for size and features. Much better price point than the $180+ big backpacks! (I wish it were under $100, but it's close.)

Has a final decision been made on the external mini pocket between the pencils?

Thanks,
Phil

This bag hits a sweet spot for me for size and features. Much better price point than the $180+ big backpacks! (I wish it were under $100, but it's close.)

Has a final decision been made on the external mini pocket between the pencils?

Thanks,
Phil

Not that I know of, but I will ask Chris about it, just don't expect an answer right now, an external mini pocket is the least of his worries as of right now.

my wife would like more bag than the double nutsac she is using now
the disc capacity of the dbl nutsac is fine, she only carries about 12 discs
but needs more other stuff storage now that she is playing more often and in some tourneys
this maybe perfect

The thing that has me nervous is the straps. You can replace straps on a regular bag but not a backpack. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this bad boy after my next paycheck. I have a bad back/shoulder so keeping the weight down and being more ergonomic than Lat tourney bag should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts