• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bought a pre-release product from a brand new company

It might be a brand new company but it's basically a Physical Flight bag, so… no, it's not the same as you want to imply.

Also that same said company had a long long list of horrible customer service, misrepresentation and under delivering.

That's your opinion. I disagree. Maybe I cut people more slack than you do. I dunno.

I do find it funny though all of the people that slammed anyone negatively commenting on Salients customer service as it did matter and we were just being trolls.

You were, and you're still being a bit of a troll - you're just gloating about it now.

Did you really expect a top of the line bag for that price?

Who are you even talking to exactly? The bag seems like exactly what I expected, minus the bit about the top storage size. vthompson said he's happy overall with his bag. So who are you talking to?

First let me say this, Chris isn't lying about the shipping. I have talked with him, through text, phone, facebook etc. He wouldn't lie to me let alone his customers. UPS is either affected by the ice storms OR something is up with the automated system.

Sorry, but I'm going to apply Occam's Razor here: the bags have not been "shipped." UPS doesn't have them, hasn't scanned them, or something. Maybe they were dropped off at a UPS store, or maybe they're loaded on a truck to deliver them to UPS, but they haven't "shipped."

As for the pocket. yes it was mistakenly stated it was a 8x6x6...but you can't tell me that was the ONLY reason for getting the bag.

Why does it have to be the only reason? The top storage is one of the reasons why I like my Contender over my Grip, and I thought I was getting a slightly smaller storage area on the Catalyst. It's not anywhere near as big as Chris very clearly and very directly said it was.

It may not be the only reason, but it was in my list of top ten reasons, and only now after the bags are fully made and waiting to be shipped to customers does the truth come out. Actually, it took the first customer getting one for the truth to come out.

And please stop using the word "mistakenly." It's doublespeak for "we screwed up, we lied, and we're trying to soften the blow by using the word 'mistakenly.'"

And this statement is only on the DGCR forum.

So? It's from the guy who designed it.

It was not presented in either video like this so i don't see it has mis representation or lying for that matter.

You're really not going to win with that tactic. Just some advice. People aren't stupid, and they can forgive actual mistakes, but this isn't a "mistake." This is saying one thing while you know another thing to be true.

Yes, the videos show the pockets, but quickly and the videos were produced well after many people were able to read what Chris said about the size of the top storage area and placed their orders.

I simply believe this was miscommunication at its worse.

And Bill Clinton did not have sex with that woman.

I don't want to sound like I'm dissing the bag. Overall I am please with the bag. I knew going into it that this was a lower priced bag, and I was going to get what I paid for. Overall I am happy, I'm just illustrating points that have been brought up and questions that have been asked on here. I don't use a lot of storage, and if you look at a Grip it's hard to fit a hoodie in at as well.

So Harris wasn't speaking to you… Yet you're the only person who has one yet. So…? :p

Iascs I didn't call you out by name so I don't know why you are attacking me. And I love when ever someone has a comment that someone doesn't like it automatically makes them a troll. I made concise rational comments without directly calling anyone out, how the hell does that make me a troll.

Iascs I didn't call you out by name so I don't know why you are attacking me. And I love when ever someone has a comment that someone doesn't like it automatically makes them a troll. I made concise rational comments without directly calling anyone out, how the hell does that make me a troll.

I agree with this, and you are right Harrish, you are completely right. I didn't see that as trolling any way, and i have seen A LOT of trolling on this subject like a lot of you have. To be clear though, i don't believe its of mid range quality. an innova discarrier is of mid range quality imo.

Last edited:
I agree with this, and you are right Harrish, you are completely right. I didn't see that as trolling any way, and i have seen A LOT of trolling on this subject like a lot of you have

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm just trying to engage in the conversation that is going on here. Since I haven't bought a product I can't comment on that but I can comment on my personal observations.

Honestly when I first heard of Salient I was very excited about a new company (since I too have been a company founder twice) and I was hoping for the best for them. Then things got weird and the owner started what he did and I was quickly disappointed.

New, quality disc golf companies are always a good thing for the growth of the sport. I was just hoping they would actually be different and not just say they were different.

As for your DG, I truly wish you the best, but I have seen your situation before, heck I've been in your position before and you are fighting a uphill battle my friend. I hope you come out of this unscathed. But my personal opinion will be 4-6 months before you get tired of it. I do commend you for trying thought

Thanks I appreciate that. I'm just trying to engage in the conversation that is going on here. Since I haven't bought a product I can't comment on that but I can comment on my personal observations.

Honestly when I first heard of Salient I was very excited about a new company (since I too have been a company founder twice) and I was hoping for the best for them. Then things got weird and the owner started what he did and I was quickly disappointed.

New, quality disc golf companies are always a good thing for the growth of the sport. I was just hoping they would actually be different and not just say they were different.

As for your DG, I truly wish you the best, but I have seen your situation before, heck I've been in your position before and you are fighting a uphill battle my friend. I hope you come out of this unscathed. But my personal opinion will be 4-6 months before you get tired of it. I do commend you for trying thought

Thanks i appreciate that, i hope to stay longer though. I just wish that we could see mistakes as mistakes, accept the fact they happened and not judge a person's character for it. that is what frustrates me the most. We get so used to companies catering to our every whim because yes you are a customer. But customers take for granted the service the company does for them myself included. and the company isn't a perfect utopia, its going to make mistakes too, I have made my point about the pocket and imo its clear to see that pocket never originally planned to be opened like some of us thought. I say its just a forum post because thats what it was. When people saw that the pocket wasn't that way why didn't anyone ask a question? All of you know i would have double checked on that before the bags even shipped from overseas. Not saying it is your fault, but iacas, do you see what i am saying? Chris took a lot of flak on the forums from physical flight and even more for salient. He made the decision to stay off and let me take over which i gladly did. He wasn't ever on after that initial catalyst announcement. He's human, he makes mistakes. Just like i have the past 3 months over hyping this bag, but we learn from them. Just as Chris will learn from them and has apologized maybe not publicly on a forum but you don't believe he sent an apology for me to post? It's no different than Salient sending out an email under Salient, not Chris apologizing for the miscommunication. I'm terribly sorry guys, i am definitely ranting here, but I see yalls side completely, just try to see mine a little bit

yeah Chris reassured me all bags have been shipped EXCEPT for whole sale orders and international buyers, those will be shipped today nzdiscgolfer :), not sure what is going on with the tracking over at ups

Woohoo! Did you hear that mr buttlertron? The race starts today. :):thmbup:

Iascs I didn't call you out by name so I don't know why you are attacking me.

I'm not attacking you. :) Sorry you feel that way.

And I love when ever someone has a comment that someone doesn't like it automatically makes them a troll.

You're a troll because in absence of information you've continued to spout your opinion about the choices others have made. You've badmouthed the bag and this company from the start (of the bag, not necessarily the start of the company), and continue to do so with blanket, often untrue or misleading statements.

That's what makes you a troll. :) Not in general, but on this topic, and IMO. And it's certainly possible I'm wrong, and I've confused a bit of of your posts with some other more hard-core trolls.

Last edited:
I'm not attacking you. :) Sorry you feel that way.

You're a troll because in absence of information you've continued to spout your opinion about the choices others have made. You've badmouthed the bag and this company from the start (of the bag, not necessarily the start of the company), and continue to do so with blanket, often untrue or misleading statements.

That's what makes you a troll. :) Not in general, but on this topic, and IMO. And it's certainly possible I'm wrong, and I've confused a bit of of your posts with some other more hard-core trolls.

You are simply wrong, but I guess we can keep playing this "I know you are but what am I game", but I really don't have the desire to. I'm far from the only one that thinks the same things that I am saying. My opinions are backed up by first hand experience, but I guess that's not good enough for you.

Thanks i appreciate that, i hope to stay longer though. I just wish that we could see mistakes as mistakes, accept the fact they happened and not judge a person's character for it. that is what frustrates me the most. We get so used to companies catering to our every whim because yes you are a customer. But customers take for granted the service the company does for them myself included. and the company isn't a perfect utopia, its going to make mistakes too, I have made my point about the pocket and imo its clear to see that pocket never originally planned to be opened like some of us thought. I say its just a forum post because thats what it was. When people saw that the pocket wasn't that way why didn't anyone ask a question? All of you know i would have double checked on that before the bags even shipped from overseas. Not saying it is your fault, but iacas, do you see what i am saying? Chris took a lot of flak on the forums from physical flight and even more for salient. He made the decision to stay off and let me take over which i gladly did. He wasn't ever on after that initial catalyst announcement. He's human, he makes mistakes. Just like i have the past 3 months over hyping this bag, but we learn from them. Just as Chris will learn from them and has apologized maybe not publicly on a forum but you don't believe he sent an apology for me to post? It's no different than Salient sending out an email under Salient, not Chris apologizing for the miscommunication. I'm terribly sorry guys, i am definitely ranting here, but I see yalls side completely, just try to see mine a little bit

I think the issue herein is that Chris hasn't learned from his mistakes.

He made them with PF and he's making them now.

He took a lot of flak on the forums, so he asked you to take it for him. He might be human, but he's not acting with much integrity at the moment. That's where people's frustration comes from.

He's obviously frustrated. But you know what would have curbed his frustration? Caring about his customers. Not sending out a snippy facebook post saying, in effect, "YOUR GD BAGS HAVE SHIPPED NOW STOP BOTHERING ME. I HAVE $#!+ TO DO."

And to be fair, if you're an official company rep, you no longer have a side. You can't sit here and ask everyone to just calm down and realize that Chris is a human being. The people that are frustrated are frustrated because they were misled in buying a product that, in the grand scheme of things might "not be that much money" to some, but to others, even $120 is a lot.

This is not something you can fix, DG. You just have to let people hate Salient for awhile. If the bags hold up, they hold up. They will speak for themselves. But you shouldn't be taking the flak for Chris.

You should have a Salient handle that isn't your personal one and you should only respond when you have a cut and dry answer. You've already put too much of your personal brand out there.

People are unhappy. Chris should do something about that.

He should take 5 minutes out of his day and apologize. He doesn't need you to do it for him. It means less that way. It shows his customers that even they aren't worth his time.

He took a lot of flak on the forums, so he asked you to take it for him. He might be human, but he's not acting with much integrity at the moment. That's where people's frustration comes from.

He's obviously frustrated. But you know what would have curbed his frustration? Caring about his customers. Not sending out a snippy facebook post saying, in effect, "YOUR GD BAGS HAVE SHIPPED NOW STOP BOTHERING ME. I HAVE $#!+ TO DO."

And to be fair, if you're an official company rep, you no longer have a side. You can't sit here and ask everyone to just calm down and realize that Chris is a human being. The people that are frustrated are frustrated because they were misled in buying a product that, in the grand scheme of things might "not be that much money" to some, but to others, even $120 is a lot.

This is not something you can fix, DG. You just have to let people hate Salient for awhile. If the bags hold up, they hold up. They will speak for themselves. But you shouldn't be taking the flak for Chris.

You should have a Salient handle that isn't your personal one and you should only respond when you have a cut and dry answer. You've already put too much of your personal brand out there.

He should take 5 minutes out of his day and apologize. He doesn't need you to do it for him. It means less that way. It shows his customers that even they aren't worth his time.
you're right...Chris is a friend of mine, but i can't let that get in the way of being professional about my position at salient...sorry guys

I just wish that we could see mistakes as mistakes, accept the fact they happened and not judge a person's character for it.

How else do you propose we judge a person's character?

Besides, pointing out that something was a "lie" or feels like a lie is not an overall determination of someone's character - it's just pointing out that they lied (or seem to have lied, or whatever).

BTW, it's 65 and sunny in Charlston, SC. UPS has no record of my package in their possession.

But customers take for granted the service the company does for them myself included.

Huh?

I can't speak for anyone else, but specifically which of these two things is "the company doing things for me"?
1) The "mistruths" about shipping
2) The "mistaken" (though very clear and direct) posts about the size of the top storage

Those are services for me? Or they're mistruths?

I have made my point about the pocket and imo its clear to see that pocket never originally planned to be opened like some of us thought.

That makes no sense, and honestly, I think you're taking the wrong approach here, as is Chris if that's what he wishes for you to say.

He typed the original words. He should come here and explain them, not you.

When people saw that the pocket wasn't that way why didn't anyone ask a question?

People ASKED THE QUESTION about the size of the pocket. Chris GAVE THEM an answer.

C'mon, man… :p

Not saying it is your fault, but iacas, do you see what i am saying?

You are saying it's the customer's fault. They asked, Chris gave an untruthful answer, and it's our fault for, what, believing him?

He's human, he makes mistakes. Just like i have the past 3 months over hyping this bag, but we learn from them. Just as Chris will learn from them and has apologized maybe not publicly on a forum but you don't believe he sent an apology for me to post? It's no different than Salient sending out an email under Salient, not Chris apologizing for the miscommunication. I'm terribly sorry guys, i am definitely ranting here, but I see yalls side completely, just try to see mine a little bit

I think we see your side. You're in a lousy position.

Until today I've had the Physical Flight URL in my signature of my own free will, because I liked Chris and what PF did and represented. I did the PF website for very little. I love my Contender.

But I hate being lied to, and then I hate it when lies are covered up by using words like "mistakenly." I don't believe that UPS is, in this case, behaving completely unlike it's ever behaved in the past. I don't believe that were obligated to ask about the top storage space when the question was already asked and answered based on the few seconds in a video you can even sort of see into the space.

I'm really not that upset - I'm still optimistic that the bag will be what I like, I still love my Contender, and if the bag can hold a little bit more than my Crunch Box it'll do just what I want. I also don't care if the bag doesn't arrive until March…

But these are issues, and just calling them "mistakes" doesn't make them any less of an issue.

So....has anyone else received a bag yet? Initial thoughts?

This speaks to or supplements both of the quoted posts above:

Screen%20Shot%202013-12-10%20at%202.00.48%20PM.PNG

And Harris, I apologize. I'll just assume that I was confusing some of your posts with some others in previous threads. I fully retract calling you a troll, then or now. I don't know what your previous interactions were, and I likely felt they couldn't be as bad as they may have been because they conflicted with my own interactions with the company and Chris to this point. Sorry.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Ups's site is messed up, reason i know that is because mine says it's ready for processing and my fiancé just let me know it's at home waiting for me. Super excited to get home.

All Right, well i think i have said all i can here at this point. Ill check back in as bags continue to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts