• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grip had the same issues upon launch, and almost all that dirty history is buried deep in these forums and DGR. They did however take extensive steps to hone in their QC practices and design to improve upon the failures that came with the first L-Series. That is just the gamble you take with a new company making a first edition of a backpack.

Grip had the same issues upon launch, and almost all that dirty history is buried deep in these forums and DGR. They did however take extensive steps to hone in their QC practices and design to improve upon the failures that came with the first L-Series. That is just the gamble you take with a new company making a first edition of a backpack.

The difference here is that Grip owned their mistakes, and worked to make it right. Salient just tries to shift the blame and cover it up.

The difference here is that Grip owned their mistakes, and worked to make it right. Salient just tries to shift the blame and cover it up.

No it took Grip a long time to get it right, with plenty of valuable lessons learned along the way. Trust me - I was an original pre-order customer. I got a bag that didn't have a finished quiver pocket. It took them 4-5 more shipments before I got my replacement(people were able to order new bags while I waited patiently). Buried deep in all the disc golf forums are years of grip hate that sounded just like this. You guys are just too green to remember it. I have no hate or love for either company, just making it clear that you guys were the stupid ones for thinking a new company would be perfect(just like how I was when I bought an original grip)

Last edited:
You guys are just too green to remember it. I have no hate or love for either company, just making it clear that you guys were the stupid ones for thinking a new company would be perfect

I don't think you don't know who you're talking to. I was a first run Grip guy, too.

Well then you should have seen this coming. The quality of these looked worse than the original grips from the start

He's got a point...wasn't the pre-order price $120 or something? It doesn't make sense to be able to buy a "grip-killer" for half the price and ALL the QC. From a fiscal perspective there is no chance of that being a logical expectation.

Well then you should have seen this coming. The quality of these looked worse than the original grips from the start

I totally agree. I didn't order one. I'm just sitting back and watching the train wreck. I was only commenting on the difference in the way the mistakes are being handled. Grip did a much better job of owning up to their mistakes than Salient is doing.

i cant wrap my mind around the bad e-mail address causing the tracking to not work
can someone please explain this to me
the address was good enough to get the fact that the label was made to me

It looks like the UPS tracking link finally updated. The site says it was just dropped off this morning, so maybe Friday, probably next Monday before a lot of reviews start coming in.

Same with mine, hopefully it's here before the weekend.

No updates on my shipping

checked mine first thing this morning = nothing
but after seeing these i rechecked it and = TaDa :clap: its moving

so... now back to my first quote of this post :confused:

No updates on my shipping

Same. Emailed them with my order number and said I just am looking for a tracking number two days ago. Originally I was going to wait until Christmas to open it, now I am going to open that bitch right away and make sure I got what I paid for. If not I am selling it and getting a grip bag while the sale is still going on.

I feel disappointed already and I haven't even seen my bag. Shrug next time I will wait to see reviews first

It looks like the UPS tracking link finally updated. The site says it was just dropped off this morning, so maybe Friday, probably next Monday before a lot of reviews start coming in.

FWIW, my tracking still hasn't been updated.

I seem to have missed a lot. A bag without attached straps, eh? Nice. Deleting everything on FB? Nice.

So sad.

P.S. This wasn't really a "first time bag" for a company. Chris via Physical Flight had made several bags. So it's not quite the same as the Grip scenario.

Last edited:

I have a hard time seeing this as something other than a flat out lie. They said they were all shipped on Monday.

I forgive a lot of things, but as I've said before, I HATE lying. And my tracking still hasn't been updated.

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated.

Label Created On:
12/05/2013

Scheduled Delivery:
Monday, 12/09/2013

Man for a startup in this industry has to be difficult. Now with a tanked disc, failed bag, shoes that will never be purchased by the people that would support them, and well.... Wow cannot say I'm not surprised. They stole your preorder money based on one thing. Then delivered a sub par product. Then they rushed delivery instead of taking 10 seconds to look it over before shipping. It's not China's fault or wherever they got it from its salient at fault. This is a blow for them, I'd like to see them survive this. Hopefully we are seeing a small example and the majority of these bags is legit. Good luck.

I have a hard time seeing this as something other than a flat out lie. They said they were all shipped on Monday.

I forgive a lot of things, but as I've said before, I HATE lying. And my tracking still hasn't been updated.

UPS is all sorts of jacked up right now due to the storms that hit during cyber monday. Shipments coming into Disc Nation are now 4+ business days behind which is unheard of. Tracking hasn't updated for any of them until today. Salient may have made mistakes, but UPS unfortunately got wrecked last week.

Yeah there's a giant snow storm hitting the country right now, it was just Black Friday and Christmas shopping is in full swing you guys are freaking out because UPS is running a bit behind... get a grip people....

puns

Yeah there's a giant snow storm hitting the country right now, it was just Black Friday and Christmas shopping is in full swing you guys are freaking out because UPS is running a bit behind... get a grip people....

puns

Yes it's UPS's fault that straps aren't attached and that they weren't dropped off to UPS when they said they were and that they are telling people they have to pay to return defective product :wall:

all of this BS aside...
I would like some suggestions on how to make the dead space at the top a usable storage area
I know its tough to figure out too much with out the bag sitting here, but we can start brainstorming about a mod. based on what pics and videos we have.

I think if you kept the zipper or whatever inside of the handle mounts, and down on the side, it would be tougher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts