• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Customer Service Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
the "no more hippie engineering" stuff just stunk of dg snobbery to me

Yeah.

I couldn't ever really grasp what they meant on that. Their disc is different for sure (their first one, at least), but it's not THAT different.

And I don't think Dave Dunapace is a hippie. At least traditionally.

The sport attracts a more liberal demographic for sure, but the engineering that goes into discs is anything but hippie engineering.

Does anyone actually know if they backed this up somehow?

I have been away from this thread for a long time. All I can say is I am glad I got away from this company when I did. Good luck to all of you.

Yeah.

I couldn't ever really grasp what they meant on that. Their disc is different for sure (their first one, at least), but it's not THAT different.

And I don't think Dave Dunapace is a hippie. At least traditionally.

The sport attracts a more liberal demographic for sure, but the engineering that goes into discs is anything but hippie engineering.

Does anyone actually know if they backed this up somehow?

I thought at one point they had said their technology was crafted at some fancy University lab... That was a long time ago.

I thought at one point they had said their technology was crafted at some fancy University lab... That was a long time ago.

You miss understood! Lol it was crafted by a fancy Lab!! :thmbup:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-12-15-11-44-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-15-11-44-37.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 27
You rule for linking up my bag :) And yes, it was some tossed off yarn b/c my wife crochets. 100% turd free carpeting. heh

took me a few minutes to find it.

however i knew i wasn't going to miss anything but...

more bitching about customer service, mostly from people who are not currently customers :\

took me a few minutes to find it.

however i knew i wasn't going to miss anything but...

more bitching about customer service, mostly from people who are not currently customers :\

Your annoying!! You complain about everyone else and then say the same dribble everytime you return. Ever think your part of the problem?

Your annoying!! You complain about everyone else and then say the same dribble everytime you return. Ever think your part of the problem?

i have made multiple attempts to get this thread back on track, and talk about the bag itself.
(just as tim asked us to do, when he locked down the old thread)
but the haters, and complaining have taken over.

Mine should be here tomorrow I will post a review when I get home from work. I've had pulls I've been waiting to put on it I hope they match. Lol

I'll write up something when mine arrives tomorrow, and perhaps film a short video as well. We'll see.

big shipping day today gentlemen, hoping to see some reviews up here after work.

I won't bash the bag anymore, but I will continue to.... Never mind this is too much fun. So much animosity here it's comical. I need some entertainment. In reality whatever is said here is pointless. Salient will grow, we are such a small community inside of a small community. With their Facebook page and the censorship I'm sure the vast majority of disc folders have no clue what is going on behind the scenes. We are the ones in the know. I for one can move a ton of product for a company. Shoot there are at least ten gorilla boy bags walking around because of me. Countless lat converts etc etc. For them to take customers like me for granted and to take their own customers for granted is astounding in today's environment. Its hard enough to be a startup in this sport, but then to react like this when the water is deep speaks volumes to the quality of the company.

All I get from this is "I think I'm a big shot and am mad at Salient for not embracing my deep DG marketing skills by sponsoring me"

And its really bad when I have to be the voice of reason.

How about that for a new username? Voice of Reason!

Mines out for delivery, should he waiting for me when i get home! There will be a review after i get it and I'll answer any questions people have.

Here's an interesting thought. How has this fiasco affected other potential start-ups? I'm sure a lot of people are very sour on the idea of pre-orders now, especially from an unproven company with no product immediately ready.

Anyone looking to jump into the oh so lucrative DG business better have enough capital to produce a product before taking any money from customers.

^I have always wondered what this hype over pre-ordering crap was all about.. we are throwing sports equipment its not like art or something. It really only seems to benefit the disc makers and cant imagine its an easy process for retailers at all... Plus you don't even get the "stuff" any sooner it doesn't seem like at all.

Why in the world would a person pre-order something with no track record? I wish it was that easy to sell people houses... OHHH don't worry it will look like this eventually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts