• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Very good question, I first want to say the Helix is not replacing the Catalyst. The Catalyst still remains are smaller backpack bag. However if you purchased the Catalyst during the preorder period you can purchase a Helix for $150 shipped. This is more of a loyalty discount. I see what you are saying as far as the Ergo 1 to Ergo 2. The Helix is not going to be a modified Catalyst it is going to be a whole new bag.

Scott,
Is the 150 price available at anytime for the Helix or do you have to purchase it by a specific date?

I don't see why people are comparing this to a Grip anyway. With the increased capacity, this looks like it would compete with a Prodiscus bag and/or a Mahal.

It is a great looking bag. Definitely liking the blue.

It looks a lot like a wider Grip with go get it slots, so I imagine that's where the comparison comes from. The bottom of the inside looks to be the same material, the opening is the same basic shape, and the side pockets looks very similar. Even the stretch pocket at the bottom is Grip-like. I think the comparison is fair.

At the lower price, though, this could really compete if the build is strong and the customer service continues improving.

Also for anyone concerned with the shoulder straps tearing off the back they will be square stitched and box stitched as you can see below.

picture.php

I wanted to show more of the bag to you guys because I appreciate the support you have given me over the past few months. I really wanted to show you guys the color interior which I think looks pretty cool.

picture.php

looks like the love child of the prodiscus and catalyst, which is not a bad thing.

When will these be up for pre order and will they be up on salients website or disc nations first?

When will these be up for pre order and will they be up on salients website or disc nations first?

I believe the day will be Wednesday. It will probably go up on the same day but regardless of where you order from DN will still be doing QC and shipping.

I will say that I am pretty impressed with the look of the bag.

combine that with how well Scott has been repping salient in a non-biased way, and I am glad to see things maybe going uphill...

however the past hasn't been completely forgotten, but at least this is a continued effort to better the company in general.

I will say that I am pretty impressed with the look of the bag.

combine that with how well Scott has been repping salient in a non-biased way, and I am glad to see things maybe going uphill...

however the past hasn't been completely forgotten, but at least this is a continued effort to better the company in general.

Thanks Bender I appreciate it.

I really think that people will be surprised. Even when I got the bag for the first time I was surprised. I put it next to my catalyst and you can just tell the difference in attention to detail and quality. You can tell we changed manufacturers for sure. The quality and accuracy of the stitching is better and just the plain overall build quality of the bag is better. We most definitely made the right move by using somebody else.

I cant thank the players that are in here enough for your kind words towards me. It really drives me to do the best job that I can possibly do you each and every one of you.

THANK YOU!

helix

Nice looking bag. I'm set with my small prodiscus but I like the look of this one. Hopefully everything goes better for them with the helix than with the catalyst.

Agreed. This bag does look nice...I especially like the colored interior...that's a great addition. If I didn't already have a backpack, I'd definitely consider this one, especially at this price point.

I am not going to lie. that bag looks super freaking nice. 185 is not a lot of money for a huge bag compared to the other ones on the market currently. I want to get that.

FTFY ;)

Agreed. Helix wasn't really my style at all but this is clean and professional looking.