• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] SDS Destroyers

RollDat

Par Member
Is it true that the Destroyers with SDS written on the back are more stable than the ones with *DS? I have always thought that they were from experience but I recently heard that that is a rumor. Anyone know the real truth?????

There was a UDS Destroyer. It was the one Destroyer to rule them all. One Destroyer to find them. One Destroyer to bring them all and in the darkeness bind them. Gandalf decided that the U for "understable" was redundant, and Frodo threw a spiraling ace with it off Mount Doom into the mollten pit of Mordor to win the Vibram Open. Since that fateful day, there have only been the DS and SDS Destroyers, and the elves left Middle Earth to seek faster hyzer discs beyond the horizons explored by man.

There was a UDS Destroyer. It was the one Destroyer to rule them all. One Destroyer to find them. One Destroyer to bring them all and in the darkeness bind them. Gandalf decided that the U for "understable" was redundant, and Frodo threw a spiraling ace with it off Mount Doom into the mollten pit of Mordor to win the Vibram Open. Since that fateful day, there have only been the DS and SDS Destroyers, and the elves left Middle Earth to seek faster hyzer discs beyond the horizons explored by man.

Ha, that was random as hell. I'd rather see frodo win the V.O. than Nikko.

Depends. The SDS were a run that came out as a more overstable run. There have been other runs that have been like that, but if you get a SDS you can be pretty sure it is gonna be nice and overstable when new.

the 2 freak overstable destroyers i have had were both marked *DS adn they were both the marble looking 169g. I have heard that the 169s are the most stable also...

i have both a SDS max weight and a *Ds 167 marbled with the avery stamp and both are crazy overstable like my rainbow stamp frontier open champ glow Destoyer

SDS destroyers are more stable, i know they also stabalize (innova term that i have no clue as to what it does) Star destroyers that are run under 170. I dont know if it is a different mold or how they let them cure or what. it could be the same process as those but run in the heavier weights

So what about the old ones, from B.D. (before Dart), they are marked *D, with no S, what stability are they ?

I think my most stable is a ESDS, but I have a 165 Starlight, marked *DS, but its a true SDS, thats also mega bricky.

I have two 169g star destroyers that are way more overstable than any of the 175g ones I had. The parting lines were way higher. I've had both kinds and while the SDS ones do tend to be more stable, you just need to line them up side by side and see how they compare.

Last edited:

exactly.

Sds is just a persons way of marking the disc.thats y u see so many diff variations of abreviations. The new destroyers are stabilized,which my guess is they changed the abreviations to dictate the new from old.

Look at innovas abbreviation page. I have all sorts of discs with an s instead of *. I emailed dave and he told me one of their workers makes ****ty looking *s, so he told him to write an "s" instead. Also I have tbirds, t rexes, leopards, and xcals labled with an "s".

Also, according to innova, there is no such thing as a stabelized disc in any of their molds. It is easier to ask innova questions about their disc, rather than being bombarded with random false info.

Yeah I just got and echo destroyer too. Its 169g and really domey, haven't really thrown it much though.