• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch... 1st ever perfect 5.00 in top 10?

dreadlock86

course bagger
Diamond level trusted reviewer
the two new courses at Selah Ranch haven't even had their grand opening yet (Oct 2011) but they are already on their way to the top 10.

the Lakeside course has 7 perfect reviews and the Creekside course has 6. i have yet to make the trek out there but it certainly looks as if the scores are deserved.

so, who else has played Selah Ranch and what do guys think about a Top 10 course with a perfect score?

Lots of review of the course by players whom have few reviews under their belt. Roc1time can definately write reviews so that one is not an issue. The pictures of the course look great. I wish I were in the area to play it and give my opinion. Certainly it is off to a good start thus far.

Is there someone better than the godfather of course design? There's no doubt they're gonna be great courses.

great thread btw, can't wait to here about it from those that have played it. As soon as halloween season is over I'm going to stay for the w/e.

i'm super excited about playing these ones. trying to find a good weekend or something to go check it out.

maybe a DFW carpool/caravan to Selah Ranch is in order...

Looks like a great designer got good land to work with, and had a chance to really take his time to really find the best holes on the property. It's looking like there will be a new #1 in the near future, I'll have to get out there to check it out.

Ya, I dont see anything that could take off of a perfect 5. Those are the only 2 that I have ever given a 5 to. Hopefully there wont be any bias or false ratings.

How many reviews before it is eligible

Guess I better read some reviews! Anything that could even legitimately contend for 5's is worth a trip.

Hopefully there wont be any bias or false ratings.
Me too, but there's always some DB hater hatin' on someone else putting up a five, or thinking their fave should be ranked higher, polluting the ratings.

How many reviews before it is eligible
Pretty sure it takes 30 reviews to crack the top 10.

I am REALLY looking forward to playing the courses in October, and I will add my 2 cents as well afterwards.

i thought it was 10 reviews, did it recently change?

It changed a while ago, that's when the couple other highbridge courses got bumped out.

I would definitely want to play it,it looks like it has a ton of fun shots,and I would never truly try to judge something without playing,but to me it doesn't really seem like a five,I guess I take in aesthetics more than some,and it's not what I would call a PRETTY course.

But I must say that bridge on lakeside is awesome,and the fact they were able to incorporate elevation and still allow golf carts is pretty cool,so it's something i'd still be interested in.

It'll be fun to see how long it can hold a 5.

I would definitely want to play it,it looks like it has a ton of fun shots,and I would never truly try to judge something without playing,but to me it doesn't really seem like a five,I guess I take in aesthetics more than some,and it's not what I would call a PRETTY course.

But I must say that bridge on lakeside is awesome,and the fact they were able to incorporate elevation and still allow golf carts is pretty cool,so it's something i'd still be interested in.

It'll be fun to see how long it can hold a 5.

I dont know what you call "pretty" but the land is awesome and the holes match the terrain very well. There are some really great "photoshots" off the tee where you just stand there for a minute and say to yourself..."wow"

Someone will give it a 4.5 for the sole reason that it is pay to play :(

Your right on that all day long, and/or the fact that it costs 20 for a cart. And it would be a looongg day without one. But I think that will keep the trash away and the courses in great shape