• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

Big snow coming to Charlotte, and I'm 7 weeks from Selah, so ----- Throwback Wednesday!

Below is the only round of singles we played on last year's 4-day trip.

Approximate skill levels are:
Rodney = 925, so the 983-ish below is a GREAT round for me
Steve = 960, so the 917-ish below is a pretty bad round for him
Mike = 900, so the 937-ish below is a pretty good round for him

I just love the splatter of hole scores all over the place. Selah gives, and Selah takes away. We all scored the same on only 3 holes.

Pretty cool that one of us birdied each of the par-5's.

So much fun.

lake_zpsjfuifoo9.jpg

Hmmm, if I have it, and I assume I do, it must be at my office. Efforting with bej. My recollection is you shot about 64-65.

You, Neif, Bej. 65, 71, 85 yow. You birdied 9-12, and had 7 birds and 3 bogs. Can forward scorecard. You 3 played ahead of us.

I really enjoyed the reviews by JohtoVillage. I'm one of the guys that likes Creekside better than Lakeside. To me, and for my game, Creekside kept the pressure on for the whole round without "breather" holes (as JohtoVillage calls "average"). I haven't reviewed the courses. I would rate them both at 5. I can't imagine a better disc golf experience.
Hey. Talked to my Bro last night and we want to get out and play Selah with you early summer.

Minor update: Greens fees when staying on-site are now $15/day instead of $10/day. Regular greens fees are still $20/day.

I'm pretty stoked for my trip -- not saying when I'll be there, but I'll start looking at the 10-day in about 11 days, ha ha. The last 2 years were were there in mid-March and there was little foliage, so I'm excited to see a lot more green this year -- at least I think there will be.

Left Coast Canucks

3 of us escaping the greenery of unwinter golf up here in Canada , looking forward to rolling thru there at some point during out April 16-22 trip . Had no idea it was up for sale ....

Does anyone have a cell number for Dave or the pro shop manager?

Needing to make contact with them prior to our 4/14 or 4/15 arrival. Thanks.

I'm looking to play here in the near future. I've heard that Lakeside #14 is one of the finest holes in disc golf. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hahahahahaha, you crack me up. Better watch it, the big man might just show up and explain the subtleties in person.

Maybe it will look better this year with more foliage. Errrrrr, or something.

13 rounds in 3.5 days. Brisket, burgers, brats, ribeyes, several Shiner. No rain. Light winds. Wow. My shoulder, liver, and GI need a break.

13 rounds in 3.5 days. Brisket, burgers, brats, ribeyes, several Shiner. No rain. Light winds. Wow. My shoulder, liver, and GI need a break.

You picked a great couple of spring days, the rain was terrible on both sides of your trip. Glad to hear you had an awesome time ...and super jealous.

Any word on the sale or plans for Selah?

You picked a great couple of spring days, the rain was terrible on both sides of your trip. Glad to hear you had an awesome time ...and super jealous.

Yes, the weather was glorious, with 0 holes lost due to rain. It did rain overnight a couple nights, which kept the already-wet courses pretty freaking soppy/sloppy, though it didn't really impact play at all.

Any word on the sale or plans for Selah?

Nothing concrete, and we didn't talk to Dave about it, but the impression we got from other staff is that 1) There is interest (and perhaps offers) on the main house and cottages, and 2) It seems Dave might be interested in keeping the courses open, along with some possible improvements to the Corral House (another bathroom?) and possible other lower-end lodging for hunting/fishing/etc. Obviously none of those possible improvements are very near term or for-sure at all.

Call me pessimistic, but I personally don't think the courses will stay. 1) I don't know how they could acceptably parse out the main house and cottages while leaving the courses as-is, with 2 separate businesses/owners, and 2) I don't think DG income comes anywhere near paying for maintenance on the course grounds and the golf carts.

But what do I know?!

p.s. This was my 20th consecutive Spring Trip to Texas to play DG (and drink Shiner and hang out with friends).

'96-'01 Austin
'02-'04 Split between San Saba and Austin
'05 San Saba
'06-'12 Austin with strong emphasis on Circle R Wimberley
'13-'15 Selah

Amazing and pretty unbelievable.

Nothing concrete, and we didn't talk to Dave about it, but the impression we got from other staff is that 1) There is interest (and perhaps offers) on the main house and cottages, and 2) It seems Dave might be interested in keeping the courses open, along with some possible improvements to the Corral House (another bathroom?) and possible other lower-end lodging for hunting/fishing/etc. Obviously none of those possible improvements are very near term or for-sure at all.

CORRECTION: The additional lower-end lodging would be hunting/fishing STYLE accomodations for DISC GOLFERS ---- not lodging for hunters/fishers as I stated above.

If anybody is rummaging through the Pro Shop lake discs and sees my green QOLS 1.1, I'll pay you $20 total to ship it to me. That's $5 to buy the disc from them, $5 to ship, and $10 for your trouble.

Green QOLS 1.1, back is inked with a "G" and a documented ace on Lakeside #11 03/28/2014. It was lost in the water just in front (and left) of the #18 Lakeside short tee.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention --- above is my post from March 2014. This year, April 2015, we went into the pro shop and there was my ace disc, sitting up on a shelf behind the counter. They gave it back to me free of charge. They said they could see it was an ace disc, but it only had signatures on it, and not any name or number, so they just held onto it. So cool.

Also, we donated a grill grate to the Corral House fire pit -- wired it to a couple long pieces of re-bar to stretch across the pit. Hope other renters can make use of it.

20150418_185844.jpg

Latest posts