• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

shark vs buzzz

attik34

Birdie Member
So I'm looking into a new purchase...

I have a shark I got used from a guy and like it...its just super understable and doesnt come back hardly at all...it fills agood roll and i'm going to keep it...that said I have a roc that is much more stable and i like it as well...I'm looking for something inbetween...not sure if a new shark would be the way to go or try a buzz or something...just curious as to opinions

Also, something leading me to a buzz is that i've never thrown one and would like to see the difference between it and a roc...

So I'm looking into a new purchase...

I have a shark I got used from a guy and like it...its just super understable and doesnt come back hardly at all...it fills agood roll and i'm going to keep it...that said I have a roc that is much more stable and i like it as well...I'm looking for something inbetween...not sure if a new shark would be the way to go or try a buzz or something...just curious as to opinions

Also, something leading me to a buzz is that i've never thrown one and would like to see the difference between it and a roc...

The feel between the roc and buzzz is a big one. Try out a Buzzz SS, I promise you will love it.

Is the Shark you have a super beat DX? The Shark brand new will be more like a Roc. Buzzz will be the disc you're looking for.

Is the Shark you have a super beat DX? The Shark brand new will be more like a Roc. Buzzz will be the disc you're looking for.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is...

I'm pretty new so I don't know a ton about mats or w/e...i just know I get this thing flat and it kinda...gradually annys out and then straightens out at that line i guess...hard to explain maybe lol....at a little bit of a hyzer it goes pretty straight, but im not that consistent when i start messing with release angles yet

Any shark, that a new player is turning over, is a beat in DX for sure.

I say try the Buzz SS since you are a new player. Most new Sharks are slightly overstable at the end of the flight. You also might want to try a Cobra. When I take someone new to play with me I give them a Cobra and a putter, (Magnet or Aviar).

Could be, but I have seen some overstable discs that are so beat up, you can't hyzerflip them.

Its not a "flip" at all...its a VERY gradual thing...i throw it a little over 250 consistantly, and occasionally get more out of it with a tailwind...if i throw it straight down a line with zero wind or w/e...i'd say by the time it gets 250 out its prolly 30 ft right of the line? and doesnt really get off the line until halfway there... not saying I'm throwing perfect...but i know what it looks like when u oat and flip a disc over because i do it all the time...:)...and i dont think this is what i'm doing....like i said...got the disc used form someone who'd played alot...so i dunno.....it doesnt have any markings as far as what it is material wise so i'd guess that means dx...

Well... I am a huge fan of the Buzzz, big time. Buzzz buzzz buzzz.

But, if you are already throwing Rocs, you might just want to beat one up so it doesn't have as much stability. I guess it's a longer term solution, but that's what a lot of Roc throwers say to argue that the Roc is superior.

Well at this moment i wont act like i love my roc over anything else...still only like...3 months into the game and loving it...I like my roc and throw it pretty good comparatively to other things...I feel like i should give a buzz a chance at some point just wondering if anything would fit a super straight into a small hyzer finish type line...i feel like a buzz SS is a good choice cuz thats what i've red about it...also wondering about TI buzz and what that looks like as far as flight path...what other buzzezezezez would you recommend...ect...

well as you want more and more discs.
sharks come in dx plastic.....

Buzzz comes in Ti, z, z glow, esp, flx esp, crystal, crystal flx, not sure if d and x are still made but you can get them in the market place cheap...for the oop sharks they are 20ish at least.

well as you want more and more discs.
sharks come in dx plastic.....

Buzzz comes in Ti, z, z glow, esp, flx esp, crystal, crystal flx, not sure if d and x are still made but you can get them in the market place cheap...for the oop sharks they are 20ish at least.

Buzzzes do in fact still come in D and X.

As for OOP Sharks, there was a recent surplus of champ Sharks in the MP so they are down around $16-18. Both pro and champ Sharks are straight $$$$$. I've gotten a long time Buzzz thrower to take some Buzzzes out of his bag for pro Sharks.

sharks come in star too. i throw a couple sharks and a buzz. the buzz is more fairwayish than midrange for me. then again, i can only throw my buzz 240-250'. i will say that my beat shark is just plain awesome. it sucks in the wind, but there's the buzz can come in.

The new DX sharks I've bought and thrown are super flippy. They also are domey and feel like R-Pro. Junky. Now old pre 2003 DX Sharks are straight $$$. Grippy and a nice stiff dx plastic with a stable flight. Flatter too. I use one for longer putts/jump putts and smooth touch anny approach shots. I'd get a z buzzz and then if you like that and want one that is easier to turn get a Buzzz SS to pair with it.

The new DX sharks I've bought and thrown are super flippy. They also are domey and feel like R-Pro. Junky. Now old pre 2003 DX Sharks are straight $$$. Grippy and a nice stiff dx plastic with a stable flight. Flatter too. I use one for longer putts/jump putts and smooth touch anny approach shots. I'd get a z buzzz and then if you like that and want one that is easier to turn get a Buzzz SS to pair with it.

i agree, my beat one is from around 2003-2004, and the plastic is just awesome. The new one I bought about a month ago is just waxy, slippery, and not stiff, just feels weird. It was the flattest and stiffest one I could find in the 50+ at gggt and still doesn't compare