• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Sheriff

So I was able to pick up a production run Sheriff after a local DD Chasin the chains event. Nothing like the protos. Thrown flat and hard it turned slightly and came back a little at the end. The protos thrown flat just hold flat and have a heavier dump at the end. As for which is better is up for debate, however, the the defender covers the that more OS proto version, while I could see adding the production run to my bag.

So, same hole as mentioned above today, but more wind. Not howling. Sheriff turned and never came back. I am so confused. Auditions remain open for that slot.

An ESP Nuke might be what you want. A hair flippier than the Z Nuke. Great glide and distance with a subtle fade.

Also, have you tried a G* Boss or even a Daedalus? Pretty mellow flights on both of those.

A champion Daedalus is a pretty legit bomber with some high speed turn, but also some late fade.

I haven't tried those. Before I do that, I'm going to see what happens with a recycled Giant after I throw it a bit.

I haven't tried those. Before I do that, I'm going to see what happens with a recycled Giant after I throw it a bit.

The 1 Giant I ever threw was nice. Obviously more stable than a King, but not over the top. Reminded me of a Trespass or good star Destroyer (not super overstable). Didn't glide as well as some others and I wouldn't put it in the very top echelon of distance drivers.

How does the Sheriff compare to the Catapult? Anyone have both?

Yes, only one copy of each, so your mileage may vary. I throw about 325'. The Sheriff has some high speed turn, whereas my Catapult is fairly straight. Both have about the same amount of fade. Catapult will do better into a headwind. Sheriff is longer due to the S shaped flight path and a bit more glide.

i got a 173g fuzion sheriff and this is thing is really understable. i throw around 400' and its hard to control this disc even on a extrem hyzer....

I added a Fusion and now have one of each. Both around 173(Can't remember). The PHL is slightly lower on the Fusion and it has more dome than my mostly flat Lucid. I love them both. I can throw both into a head wind and simply choose based upon amount of wind and what finish I want. Between these and Shrykes, I may be done with all my Terns and DDxs other than my Starlite Tern.

anyone a sub 400 thrower that used to use trespasses switch to the sheriff? my sheriff was outdriving my trespasses by about 30 feet and on a tighter line (less turn, less fade). Anyone else switching completely over now that the lucid, fuzion, and biofuzion are out? my experience is with a lucid stock run, but i just got a bio and am currently looking for a fuzion. what are the flight differences between the plastic types?

I finally picked up a Sheriff this week to try out, a 174 biofuzion.

First, I'll say that I was really surprised at the difference in rim width from the Giant which is also 'speed 13'. The sheriff is noticeably wider at 2.4cm compared to the giant at 2.3cm, but definitely felt less comfortable in my hand. Threw it in a field against my main giants, a 170 TP that is kind of flippy now, and a 173 TP that is stable. No significant difference from the flippy giant flight path. Neither perform well in a headwind, but both bomb in a favorable tailwind. I don't doubt it's a great disc, but won't make my bag because it's not different enough, or more comfortable than what I already throw.

I can definitely see Sheriffs pairing well with defenders. I could also see if someone wanted a slightly faster trespass liking these a lot. Good disc worth a look, but I don't feel like it really stands out from a lot of other high speed offerings from trilogy.

anyone a sub 400 thrower that used to use trespasses switch to the sheriff? my sheriff was outdriving my trespasses by about 30 feet and on a tighter line (less turn, less fade). Anyone else switching completely over now that the lucid, fuzion, and biofuzion are out? my experience is with a lucid stock run, but i just got a bio and am currently looking for a fuzion. what are the flight differences between the plastic types?

I'm a sub 400 thrower, although I have sniffed 400 a couple times. I'm generally in the 360-375 range. I mainly throw wraiths but have had some success with a trespass. I've been interested in trying a sheriff, just curious how the different plastics are working for you and what kind of distances you're getting.

Cheers

I also picked up a Sheriff this weekend. Played 36 holes with it in the bag at 2 courses. The one I snagged is a 173g fusion. A little heavier than I like for a bomber disc, but the stamp was nice and I liked the way it felt, mostly.

First off the rim does feel really wide. Like VictorB remarked, it is definitely wider vs a Giant. The rim is deeper vs a Tern/DDx which I was using previous, but the rim feels deeper making it easier for me to grip.

What I can say is that these things can go really far. With the deeper rim I was able to get a more substantial grip even with it feeling wider. On a couple holes I was able to get a jump putt or flat out parked holes I had not been able to previously. The fusion I have is still fresh, and I am definitely curious to see how it beats in. Have a 169g bio on the way. I am definitely curious to see what I can do with these with a little more time.

For what it's worth I can get a seasoned Destroyers out to 400-415' and Giants 5-10' less due to their stability with a flat throw. I think with a little more time and practice I could push over 425' with these for the first time consistently. Little hyzer to flip the Sheriff up, let it cruse and turn a little, with a solid finish that my DDxs never had. Fun disc to throw.

Last edited:
Update: finally got my 166 Fuzion Sheriff in the mail, and I took it out to the course for some throws. Not much wind at all; it was humid and beginning to get hot.

The grip on the Fuzion Sheriff was comfortable for me. My Lucid Sparkle Fuzion feels a tad wider and definitely firmer, though the rims are the same size. Not sure why that is, but the Fuzion Sheriff felt good to grip and throw.

The Fuzion Sheriff flew extremely well for me. It outdistanced my 157g Champ Tern on three separate occasions when I threw them both off the tee. But most importantly, on downhills where I throw more overstable discs, the Fuzion Sheriff just bombed. One throw decided to slice through a magnolia tree that normally eats discs for dinner, while two other throws had a bit of turn then a nice fade back.

I am looking forward to trying the Fuzion Sheriff into some headwind and seeing how it does. I also expect the Fuzion Sheriff is going to season in to be a really great bomber. Dunno if it'll kick the Tern out of the bag (range work required for that determination), but I'm really liking this disc.

I finally picked up a Sheriff this week to try out, a 174 biofuzion.

First, I'll say that I was really surprised at the difference in rim width from the Giant which is also 'speed 13'. The sheriff is noticeably wider at 2.4cm compared to the giant at 2.3cm, but definitely felt less comfortable in my hand. Threw it in a field against my main giants, a 170 TP that is kind of flippy now, and a 173 TP that is stable. No significant difference from the flippy giant flight path. Neither perform well in a headwind, but both bomb in a favorable tailwind. I don't doubt it's a great disc, but won't make my bag because it's not different enough, or more comfortable than what I already throw.

I can definitely see Sheriffs pairing well with defenders. I could also see if someone wanted a slightly faster trespass liking these a lot. Good disc worth a look, but I don't feel like it really stands out from a lot of other high speed offerings from trilogy.

so the sheriff flew similar in all ways to your flippy giant? how does the sheriff compare to a World? I have a 173 opto world that is pretty good for long distance forehands, but I still have to hyzer flip it in winds.

looking for something I can rip flat forehand and still get long distance and carry without being overly OS.

Bio defender is what you seek.
I have a beat in lightweight bio that's approaching what the sheriff was like and it flies just as well with just a hair more HSS. My max weight bio I can rip hard and flat and get little turn and little fade out to 400+, for FH that's probably what you want.

Update: been throwing my Fuzion Sheriff the past month. Today had some really great wind for testing: enough to make a difference, but not a freekin' hurricane. The Fuzion Sheriff flew well but is beginning to season in. Maybe it'll compete with the Star Tern for the long bomber in the bag, but I'm going to start throwing the Sparkle Opto Lucid some more...

Overall: great disc, the Sheriff. In your bag, it should be.

I have been trying to get a handle on mine, but I think I just need to get out to a field and throw it around a bit. My power is there to throw it, but control is lacking a lot of times to make it as useful as it could be.

Holy cow I'm loving my 175g Lucid Sheriff for FH shots and my 168g bio Sheriff for BH shots. It's embarrassing but it's one of the few molds I have found that work equally well for both FH and BH shots. My crappy BH produces less velocity than my FH so it's unusual for me to find a mold that works well for both. Swords work well for this but I've found that the Sword becomes a bit to flippy for my FH shots after a very short period of break in time. They still work but they become very touchy. Hoping my Lucid Sheriff holds up longer and stays in the sweet spot for longer.

The Lucid Sherrif flies a lot like my beloved Snow Line Ballista for FH shots but with less fade. The bio Sheriff files similar to a light Trespass, also with less fade and is longer in BH throws.

DD came out with a good one here me thinks

Latest posts