• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Show off your broken discs/fallen soldiers

I threw a thumber at a basket that I couldnt see and it was lookin good, I heard it hit some metal so naturally I was excited, it just kinda had a funny sound to it. When I came around the corner and started looking for my 10x firebird it was in too. The number plate had cut it right in two, it had little specks of red plastic on it. I almost bent the number plate off, but instead I went to ace and found weather stripping that I cut to fit all the baskets with these disc choppers and super glued the rubber to those bitches. Wish I had pics, but I dont think is look at the pic.

ok, so 4 months ago when i went out and tried to practice throwing again after 15 years of not throwing i have 3 discs, an aviar, a CE Valk, and a SE leopard. i guess they heat cycled a few too many times. first throw, hit a power pole and this is what happened. mind you this was jan in San Diego and i was wearing shorts and a T-shirt
Leopard.jpg

Didn't break but I effed up a CE Leo pretty bad today.

483955_863561411010_1146207925_n.jpg

I can't wait to post my broken 8x and 10x Rocs in here. Some of you might actually cry.

Last edited:
I threw a thumber at a basket that I couldnt see and it was lookin good, I heard it hit some metal so naturally I was excited, it just kinda had a funny sound to it. When I came around the corner and started looking for my 10x firebird it was in too. The number plate had cut it right in two, it had little specks of red plastic on it. I almost bent the number plate off, but instead I went to ace and found weather stripping that I cut to fit all the baskets with these disc choppers and super glued the rubber to those bitches. Wish I had pics, but I dont think is look at the pic.

Same thing happened to me years ago........... old school Mach I basket with that blade-for-a-number-plate. Cut a 2 inch slot in my Dimple disc. Funny part was that it was STUCK to the plate.

I bought a candy pro firebird off of the marketplace as a back up of a back up. A buddy had been wanting one real bad, and the latest firebird was kinda ugly so I decided I could part with it. I brought him the disc, and hes very excited about his new plastic. First throw, downshot going for a skip, hits a rock and spiderwebs the entire disc. I have never seen dreams shattered so quickly. I also regret not getting pics.

My old trusty Pro Line Orc he was my go to roller on tight wooded holes, one cold morning turned on him a little too quick and plowed straight into a tree. Poor little guy didn't stand a chance! These were the only pieces i could find quickly for a pic.

70FAD27D-A84C-486E-9D09-C77BD78E541A-6484-0000048D9531793F_zps34c808cd.jpg

Last season for some weird reason all my 10x aviars broke.:thmbdown:

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 297
I will try to get a picture up of some sweet putters and rocs that have broke on me over the years. I think I have about 30 that have cracked.:wall:

This one sucks...

Went to the Mountain Sports Festival (MDGE) in Asheville with a bunch of guys from work... we took my van. I was tired after Saturday's rounds, had a beer, fell asleep. They didn't. Campfire. Boredom. Keys to my van. Champion Orc. A really nice one... tossed in the fire. I probably would not have known it was gone, but a molten ring was yanked from the fire. I found it the next day. It was a really nice early Champ Orc in pearly peach. Sniff.

or...

If your drive lands in a river of molten lava, leave it. It's gone, man. It's gone.

Attachments

• fahrenheit451.jpg
    fahrenheit451.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 275
This one sucks...

Went to the Mountain Sports Festival (MDGE) in Asheville with a bunch of guys from work... we took my van. I was tired after Saturday's rounds, had a beer, fell asleep. They didn't. Campfire. Boredom. Keys to my van. Champion Orc. A really nice one... tossed in the fire. I probably would not have known it was gone, but a molten ring was yanked from the fire. I found it the next day. It was a really nice early Champ Orc in pearly peach. Sniff.

or...

If your drive lands in a river of molten lava, leave it. It's gone, man. It's gone.

Wow. Just wow. A sad way for a disc to die.