• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Show off your broken discs/fallen soldiers

This one sucks...

Went to the Mountain Sports Festival (MDGE) in Asheville with a bunch of guys from work... we took my van. I was tired after Saturday's rounds, had a beer, fell asleep. They didn't. Campfire. Boredom. Keys to my van. Champion Orc. A really nice one... tossed in the fire. I probably would not have known it was gone, but a molten ring was yanked from the fire. I found it the next day. It was a really nice early Champ Orc in pearly peach. Sniff.

or...

If your drive lands in a river of molten lava, leave it. It's gone, man. It's gone.

that's jacked up

Punched a hole in my favorite roller disc yesterday at Maple Hill. :( Thumber shot into a big azz pine and it caught a branch stub square.

Attempted to give it a proper burial at sea but it fell short of the pond on hole 1.........

While at our club sponsored clinic, another volunteer was driving putters from tee #1 and this happened......

1377123_645692908788902_1128948431_n.jpg

I was playing with two buddies, Gripenemys and my buddy Joe. I was on hole 5 at Tyler and was on the right side of the fairway. If you've ever played Tyler and know hole 5, trying to get to the C pin is a bit^&. Lots of thin trees and some big ones thrown in the mix too. I have a hard anny shot that needs to go about 250+ so I take my San Marino Cobra out...mind you I'm kneeling down to make this shot. I throw it perfectly, perfectly into the first tree that I was trying to get around. The disc makes this weird hollow sound as it hits the tree. As I watch the disc hit the tree, it then breaks into 6 different pieces and explodes like shrapnel coming out of a shotgun. Grip was too far up the fairway to witness this but Joe was parallel to me and saw the entire thing. He begins to laugh histerically and walks over to where I'm standing over the disc. I was crushed. That disc had become such a staple in my bag that I didn't know what to do for the rest of the round when I needed that disc. I would just sit there and stare at my bag and Joe would just begin to laugh.

Seems to be plastic becomes brittle over time. Almost all these broken discs are older.

I've heard it explained before that plasticizers and other chemicals will degrade and can actually migrate within the plastic over time, making the plastic more brittle. This can be seen and felt as the chalky build up that develops on CE and 10x plastic.

I've heard it explained before that plasticizers and other chemicals will degrade and can actually migrate within the plastic over time, making the plastic more brittle. This can be seen and felt as the chalky build up that develops on CE and 10x plastic.

Thanks for the info. Seems legit considering the findings on here. Makes me even more nervous about ever throwing older expensive discs. Maybe they are just all wall hangers at a certain point.

B032CA5D-E163-4BE5-8115-A7ABF1F50C74-581-000000EE63011B83_zpsea27b251.jpg

This was on my first throw with the disc. It hit a tree 250 feet off the pad. No thank you CE.

Found a old shark in storage. Brand new, One throw, One tree...

91B90E09-470B-4D78-90F8-0BAB1F7A8D67_zpsfsqzjvxb.jpg

Let my pup have a little fun with it when I got home. Reason for the chew on top.

Broke This elite X Talon 2 weeks ago, hit a tree 175 feet out, it was 8 degrees out. Sad, it was one of my go to discs.

Attachments

• 1214131233_01.jpg
    1214131233_01.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 89
I don't have pictures but I have mental scarring that will never heal.
Last year my 5 YO daughter and her friend were outside playing with my discs which I had stored in the shed. 'No problem' I thought. They're having fun and I'm getting my work done. Off I go about my business. Later on that evening I see my discs laying in the yard and I'm a little disappointed that they didn't pick them up when they were done.....but they're kids. I bend over to pick the up and I grab the first one. The flight plate pops out and I'm left holding a doughnut hole...:confused: I pick up the next one...same results:eek:....and the next...and the next....and the next. I'm close to tears as I stand there with an arm full of plastic doughnuts.
Keeping my cool I go inside and ask my daughter what they were doing with my discs and they said, 'Playing hopscotch!':doh::doh::doh: I lost ALL of my discs, 10 total, except for a blue Pro Wraith (in my disc album)that survived the terrifying encounter with a couple of rampaging 6 year old girls. Needless to say I didn't play for a while and when I did I kept them put up. Now she's 6 and has 3 discs of her own and prizes them as much as I do mine.

My dad's XD that I inherited. Lived a long, good life. Crack is in the bottom-left, hard to see but it's the only picture I have.

M89R7py.jpg
^^^^
Answer: DUCT TAPE!!!!
If it cain't be fixt wit duck tape it cain't be fixt. BTW duct tape is aerodynamically stable and has a lower coefficient than air. Translated duct tape improves speed and stability.

Latest posts