• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SkittleBomb technique thread

I'm gonna try this technique this weekend, I'll post a video about it if I get it to work.

And I will critique ;) Glad to see some newbs jumping on board. It really isn't that hard. I want to see some new results/ideas.

Just a couple of questions:
-How much powder dye (idye poly) should I add to the two tablespoons of lard?
-And is it necessary to have 100% lard, it's pretty hard to come by here at Finland. Best my local supermarket could do was 70% lard and 30% rapeseed oil/canola oil product that is used to lubricate the grill?

Just a couple of questions:
-How much powder dye (idye poly) should I add to the two tablespoons of lard?
-And is it necessary to have 100% lard, it's pretty hard to come by here at Finland. Best my local supermarket could do was 70% lard and 30% rapeseed oil/canola oil product that is used to lubricate the grill?

They don't sell lard in Finland? Strange. I'm sure that would work. It probably has a slightly lower melting point.

I typically use a teaspoon (sorry, I don't know the metric equivalent). If you use more, it might look a little more saturated... but this isn't a given.

Tell ya what... you guys post some pics at some point of what you have come up with... and i will work on a video at some point.

However, i have already posted pretty simple step by step instructions.

At least work on trying it a little bit... as it might be a week or so before i have time to do a video. Hell... i dont even know if i have any white plastic remaining to dye.

I have seen some good attempts being done on Instagram lately. Not as clean as yours, the color palettes chosen, and/or technique are coming out muddy, not yet perfected like yours.

Jeff Ashe seem to be doing them good however :thmbup:

I have seen some good attempts being done on Instagram lately. Not as clean as yours, the color palettes chosen, and/or technique are coming out muddy, not yet perfected like yours.

Jeff Ashe seem to be doing them good however :thmbup:

I've had several discussions with Jeff. He is actually using another technique. It looks a little different... and I haven't asked him to spill the beans. He is supposed to be trying my technique soon.

I haven't seen these other attempts on Instagram. Any links? :thmbup:

The images at the start of the thread aren't working for me- are the links outdated or am I having issues? Can you throw another picture up so I can see what it looks like? The process sounds interesting.

Here are a couple pics.

11035502_799976430117264_3753379998165108469_n.jpg

10458126_666411143473794_7890983400077937424_n.jpg

10500527_665429676905274_1888014890006022526_n.jpg

1969375_643886932392882_7271928278477377037_n.jpg

Again.... Lard is like $5 for a giant canister.... this was lasting me for about 25+ discs I believe.

This is the stuff that I used that was coconut based. I believe it is considered an oil and not a butter. I'm not 100% sure. I have since gotten lard.

131432.jpg

That doesn't look like it will stick to your bones quite like Lard!

Do they make organic Lard? Is that a thing?

Those are great. The Shock looks like some sort of awesome sunrise or sunset. Sweet work!

I just read the whole thread and saw that sunset was already mentioned. :doh:

Nonetheless, I stand by my critique, too. :D

I had actually noticed the same thing... and had said as much like 2 or 3 years ago when I dyed it. I think somebody in Michigan purchased it. Curious as to what it looks like now.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try to get the video done by tomorrow. Sorry it's taking some time, I've been busy with coding and math for university ;)

I actually have a video in the works....

Doing the Food Network Approach where I already have the next steps done.... so I can put it all in one video. Do you have any pics?

I actually have a video in the works....

Ok, I'm gonna let you do it then ;)

I just figured out that I screw up in the process anyway, forgot that blue mixed with orange makes brown, so my two first trys weren't so pretty haha :p
But I learned that this technique works also with dish soap, and the color sticks to Westside Vip and Discraft Glow Z plastics so it wasn't a total waste of time.
Allready ordered white Star Leopard, grey Star Fl and Glow HukLab Firebird for follow-up testing :thmbup:

Ok, I'm gonna let you do it then ;)

I just figured out that I screw up in the process anyway, forgot that blue mixed with orange makes brown, so my two first trys weren't so pretty haha :p
But I learned that this technique works also with dish soap, and the color sticks to Westside Vip and Discraft Glow Z plastics so it wasn't a total waste of time.
Allready ordered white Star Leopard, grey Star Fl and Glow HukLab Firebird for follow-up testing :thmbup:

Pics please... cant help you along the way if you dont show your work!

Step 1 for the video is complete. Going to need to wait for these dyes to set. Then... i can get my martha stewart on probably tomorrow night for the video. Video editing... and then the video should be finished by wednesday at the latest.

Latest posts