• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slightly OS mids?

I'd say you can't go wrong with a pain. Keep in mind the opto plastic tends to be more overstable. I've had both, and kept the goldline. Really smooth fade, nice glide, and it will handle a good snap.

Wasp, Vector, Pain, Roc etc. They all fly similar for me but I'm not a fan of most beads so the Pain is my go to mid. Have you tried a Glo Buzzz? More OS than the elite Z but same great mold.

Roc, Glo Buzzz, Vector.. dont know much about the Karma tho i guess that might help lol.. large or small diameter? beaded?

How about a spider? Its not terribly o/s, but has the bead to keep it fading.

I got a 176 GL pain and i'm probably going to give the roc a try when I get more money for discs.

If you throw the GL Pain and like it but don't think it's overstable enough trade it to me or we can trade and I'll send you the Pain in opto plastic. I find them to be a little bit more OS than the goldline.

I'm taller and weigh a little more than average and generate a little more force
than average, and I've seen how different mids react to this.

The best reasonably overstable mid for me is the San Marino Roc.

The KC is just straight, if not slightly turny, like the buzz.

I vote Star San Marino Roc #1 for this category.

Last edited:
Pain or Vector, or a heavy Rancho Roc. My 178 roc was slightly OS but dx beats in quick. I had a less stable 167 z buzzz to compliment my 178 dx roc. That was win for me right there. Added an Opto Pain for epic win. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts