• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Snow and frost plastics

Nenja

Eagle Member
Not much was said about these plastics when I searched around, found some but little on the frost and barely any on the snow.

After buying a Gold River I fell in love with the glide and since I have a small discount on a Swedish webshop selling triology discs I now feel like supporting Latitude 64.

Have anyone extensive experience of these grippier plastics? I love G* and would love a comparison to that and to the Gold plastics before I dare to order a few discs.

Thanks!

Frost (and fluid and elasto) is really more like gummy champion than gstar. About the same flexibility, but not as good wet grip as gstar. Snow line is awesome, but as far as I know only exists in limited runs of ballistas. Lava line from DD is similar, but also limited to just special runs of the evidence and felon.

Snow is a lot like G Star but I think maybe more durable to impact, good plastic but not widely used yet. I love Frost though. It's that perfect gummy champ feel that is great to the hand and looks really nice.

Typically makes the discs more stable too. Which I like.

I only have one frost line disc, a Bolt. I love it. The plastic is a tad gummy, but not floppy. It seems a tad more stable than regular opto too This Bolt can handle full tosses, where others can't.

Pretty disc. Reminds me of JL in looks, but slightly softer.

Snow/Frost/Elasto is my favorite plastic. I wish all their molds came in it. The grip is great and the molds I've than it in have all been slightly more stable than their opto counterpart.

I just noticed that the only snow the shop had was that ballista, as a beginner I don't dare to buy such a fast disc yet. :)

How are the latitude speed number compared to Innova? Am looking for something like a valk or beast counterpart.

Interesting that the frost seems more stable than opto! I guess it's "safe" to buy understable from discs then, yum yum.

I just noticed that the only snow the shop had was that ballista, as a beginner I don't dare to buy such a fast disc yet. :)

How are the latitude speed number compared to Innova? Am looking for something like a valk or beast counterpart.

Interesting that the frost seems more stable than opto! I guess it's "safe" to buy understable from discs then, yum yum.

elasto hatchet would be as close to a star valk as you will get stability wise from my experience. others will tell you a Vision (now oop) or a fury will be in that realm too. a beast is a northman for westside. one step faster is a renegade from dynamic discs.

but elasto and frost plastics make up a good part of my collection.

elasto hatchet would be as close to a star valk as you will get stability wise from my experience. others will tell you a Vision (now oop) or a fury will be in that realm too. a beast is a northman for westside. one step faster is a renegade from dynamic discs.

but elasto and frost plastics make up a good part of my collection.

Thank you very much! Now I just have to figure which one to go for. Might just settle with a Saint as the stepping stone between river and Tern...

Anyone with experience of Bolt? Thinking about going for that one instead of Tern, is it notably more stable than a Champ Tern or could it work as first fast DD?

Thank you very much! Now I just have to figure which one to go for. Might just settle with a Saint as the stepping stone between river and Tern...

Anyone with experience of Bolt? Thinking about going for that one instead of Tern, is it notably more stable than a Champ Tern or could it work as first fast DD?

i also use bolts..lol. i have an opto that had quite a but of turn when hyzerflipped gives the nice 's' flight but usually right of there i released it. several max weight reprocessed bolts were even more flippy and were hard to control for me. (putting them out near 380-400)

the frost bolts i use, those are nice and straight similar to the champ tern, i hyzerflip it 400ish on a straight line with a nice fade.

one more of caution all the discs i have spoken about in the past 2 replied HATE headwind and just get pushed and flip (field work in heavy headwind has shown me this).

i am going to be trying new discs for this upcoming league season, so i may have a some that don't wont make the cut.

I loved my frost bolt until I lost it. I own several very stable (moreso by a decent point and half) terns in champ and I think they are "okay".

Wind? Hand me my tern. No wind? Lots of room to crank? I'll take the bolt. Not only for the flight but also the rim on a bolt has more "meat" which I like alot.

i also use bolts..lol. i have an opto that had quite a but of turn when hyzerflipped gives the nice 's' flight but usually right of there i released it. several max weight reprocessed bolts were even more flippy and were hard to control for me. (putting them out near 380-400)

the frost bolts i use, those are nice and straight similar to the champ tern, i hyzerflip it 400ish on a straight line with a nice fade.

one more of caution all the discs i have spoken about in the past 2 replied HATE headwind and just get pushed and flip (field work in heavy headwind has shown me this).

i am going to be trying new discs for this upcoming league season, so i may have a some that don't wont make the cut.

So maybe a recycled bolt if I want something similar to Star Tern? :)

How does moonshine plastic compare? And gold? Same stability as opto?

Since I'm still not breaking the 300' barrier I think my first fast DD should be fairly understable. Notably more so than the Champ Tern. For me the Champ Tern flies straight with big fade, not notably longer than my River or Tl3...

if you want more understable/ something to try flipping I'd stay slower (than the bolt) and go with the Fury or even an underworld. I've liked and bagged opto Saints and fluid Escape and found them to both be in the neighborhood of various Valks... more variation in weight/ plastic / wear than clear mold differentiation. just my limited experience (and only breaking the 300ish plateau recently and mostly with lighter weights). loved my older run opto Saint (digital print, pre-embossed weight) but never latched onto it's "direct" replacement, which I felt was a little more slick feeling and more stable. different flight path, but not much longer than a broken in teebird.

I think the opto versions of most everything are more stable than GL, but that may just be that GL breaks in a little faster (or a little more?). for current runs, I'll usually take GL or recycled (or equivalents) for feel over opto. opto ain't bad and is still gummier/ gripper than most of the recent Champ stuff from Innova.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

if you want more understable/ something to try flipping I'd stay slower (than the bolt) and go with the Fury or even an underworld. I've liked and bagged opto Saints and fluid Escape and found them to both be in the neighborhood of various Valks... more variation in weight/ plastic / wear than clear mold differentiation. just my limited experience (and only breaking the 300ish plateau recently and mostly with lighter weights). loved my older run opto Saint (digital print, pre-embossed weight) but never latched onto it's "direct" replacement, which I felt was a little more slick feeling and more stable. different flight path, but not much longer than a broken in teebird.

I think the opto versions of most everything are more stable than GL, but that may just be that GL breaks in a little faster (or a little more?). for current runs, I'll usually take GL or recycled (or equivalents) for feel over opto. opto ain't bad and is still gummier/ gripper than most of the recent Champ stuff from Innova.

Yeah I'm planning on getting 2 discs, one to bag and one to practice with/bag in the future. Hence I was thinking Saint and bolt.
Now I throw 170g Tl3 and a 177g river, both to about 275'. I wonder if it's worth getting something between these and a DD even...

I'm not really looking for hyzerflip discs but simply something understable enough to give me distance.

The flow could be the perfect next step but ofc the shop only had it in opto and I really like the Gold plastic.

I assume moonlight is closer to opto than gold in stability?

The Saint would be a good choice if you're looking for something between the River and Tern. A Champion Sidewinder might also do well for you in that capacity.

I have a Gold Line Bolt. It's not a bad disc, but it's definitely understable, or will become uderstable with use. It is more understable than the Champion Terns. I can get good results with discs with more comfortable rims than the Bolt's rim, as well, so I only throw the Bolt when I take all my drives to the range and work on my form.

Since I'm still not breaking the 300' barrier I think my first fast DD should be fairly understable. Notably more so than the Champ Tern. For me the Champ Tern flies straight with big fade, not notably longer than my River or Tl3...

Since you're still in my world (300 ft. being my max distance), and if your Champ Tern does not get you more distance than a River or TL3 (my Champ Terns get considerably more distance than the River or TL3), going for something like a Bolt might not give you the results you are hoping for. Just sayin', is all. I'll never tell someone to NOT try something if they want to try it, though, so have at it if you want to.