• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] Something like a Pig

CaptianTrilogy

Bogey Member
So I haven't really searched to hard on here so forgive me.

I am currently putting purely with r-pro pigs and love them, I have beat one in enough and it flips, and holds anhyzers. Plus I have a driving pig and my two putting pigs.

That being said I have recently been falling in love with Westside, Lat64 and DD

I am thinking of going all euro plastic but really am conflicted.

I love my Vulcans, Gators, and especially my Pigs...

this is my current set up, US-OS (Drivers-Putters)
157 Star Vulcan for Rollers
159 Bliz Vulc
171/175 Str Vulc for Straight Distance ~395-405
175 Champ Vulc little more OS
173 (x2) Tournament Kings anhyzers/turnovers/sky rollers
171 VIP king hyzer flip
159 Air Halo
173 Opto Halo drives
171 gold Halo wind and big hyzers 375-400
171 VIP World hyzers/long S Curves/long forehands
175 12x Firebird utility/forehand
171 gold Saint Pro control drives
175 star Gator
177 Drone (gold Pain to replace)
180 Wolf US turnovers (just got a VIP Tursas to replace)
180 Atlas straight (just got a VIP Warship/Zero Hard Mace to replace)
175 (x3) rpro Pigs

Any thoughts??????

:confused::confused::confused:

or do i just stay with what i like and let my OCD of all being the same company die lol thanks for your time!:thmbup::clap:

Everyone is going to tell you throw what works.

But we all have our curiosities and random day dreams of trying out a bag limited to just one company...nothing wrong with messing around.

I'd say if you want something along the lines of the Pig try a Jokeri...might not be as overstable but it's been a while since I've thrown the Pig...The Jokeri (at least in premium plastic) is similar to a Zone.

Stay with what you got bro! Most of my bag is still Innova. Do what works for you!

THAT SAID...never hesitate to try new things, either. Its fun! Try a Sinus...doesnt feel at all like a Pig but has a somewhat similar flight path.

Rhyno is closet thing no one makes those low profile type putters much but if u want euro usually closet flying and feeling discs to pig or Rhyno is what ever they call over stable for putters and give that a try

For euro plastic, Suspect is closeish. So are the Jokeri and Sinus. Other alternatives are the Zone, Breaker/Ringer, VP, and maybe Credo.

I used to swear by the pig but ever since picking up the zone i havent looked back........ although i dare u to beat a premium plastic zone til it flips tho... never see that happening ever.... maybe a pro d

I love the Pig as a driving putter (a slow mid really), although I don't use them for putting. Looking at my database of PDGA specs, none of the putters from the Triology look remotely close to the shape of a pig. The Pig is pretty unique for a putter in that it is shallow with a wide rim (wider even than a lot of mids). Switching to the Triology mids, I'd say the Suspect is your best bet for something that both feels similar and flies similar to a pig. The Suspect is a low profile, slower, overstable mid. It doesn't have quite as wide of a rim as a pig, but otherwise the specs and flight pattern on inbounds looks similar. Hope that helps!

The Credo is the closest foreign mold to the Pig in terms of beef (still less beefy) but is German. The Jokeri is another decent option (better plastic in my opinion than the Lat brands too), but it's not even as beefy as the Credo.

I replaced my pig with a Lat 64 Sinus. Seems to be going okay so far but I only use it when I gotta bend around something. I hear the Crosslap Credo is great too but I think its a larger diameter type disc. It looks like MVP is about to release an overstable putter too and im looking forward to that.

Throw what doesn't work.

OK, scr3w that. Throw a judge. But, yeah, the charts say the sinus is most likely to replace a pig or rhyno type putter.

Also, I don't think the pain even comes close to replacing the drone. Suspect?

The Trident, despite being a fairway driver, would probably be a better Drone replacement than a Pain.

My first opinion of a Jokeri when I held it, is that it felt just like Pig without the Thumbtrack. I don't think it's as overstable, though.

Have you considered a star Beadless Gator, or its premium counterpart, the Hyzer bomb Mortar?

The Harp is/will be decently overstable. Saw a couple of shots with a BT soft one and it started fading really early on a decent throw. They probably won't feel even close to what the Pig feels like, they're very similar to a Zone in terms of feel and looks.

I used to swear by the pig but ever since picking up the zone i havent looked back........ although i dare u to beat a premium plastic zone til it flips tho... never see that happening ever.... maybe a pro d

Mine flipped flat in the wind on hole 2 at the goon loren! but that was just a fluke i think... Love my zone...

The Suspect. Very beefy, feels great in the hand, almost like a Pure.

They make then in all different kinds of plastic too, like the soft Classic, harder classic blend, and a hard clear lucid. The Suspect has quickly become one of my most useful discs in my bag. It's very much a tweeter disc.

There is nothin' like a pig,
Nothin' in the world,
There is nothin' you can rig
That is anythin' like a pig!

(apologies to Rodgers and Hammerstein)

But, you know, you might to go to the Zone.