• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

Finnish Stamps

are the stamps any different, or will anything be different from the production run?

I haven't seen Westside do any special stamps for a first run, or proto. But I do know that there will be a handful of the discs with the Finnish text instead.

From finnish pro shops description: "Pieni ennakkoerä Westsiden uutta Vip muovista Maailmaa. Ensitestien perusteella kiekko on aavistuksen Bossia alivakaampi, vaikka valmistajan antamat lentoarvot antavat ymmärtää, että kyseessä on ylivakaa pitkänmatkan draiveri. Lentoarvot voisivat olla lähempänä 13/5/-1/3 kuin 13/4/1/4" "First test show that its slightly less stable than Boss. Ratings are closer to 13/5/-1/3." Its not even close to stiletto. Typical westside supercharging again. Might be nice disc anyways.

The World

My father was lucky enough to find one of the 800 Worlds distributed to the USA as a pre-release at a store down here in North Carolina. To me, it flies more like a power throwing disc with a hard turn at the end disc, the clerk had said that it was extremely hard to turn over. While playing four rounds yesterday it seemed like that was the case, out of four games of eighteen holes each game it only turned over once but that was only due to a late release. Regardless of that, the sucker flies like a bullet. Long and straight the way you release it until it takes a hard turn left on it's way down. I myself am not a fan of how it feels, the grip is too fat in my opinion, but it's a matter of preference. It's a thicker disc lighter disc, I prefer thinner heavier discs. For power throwers that wants a fast disc that turns hard near the end this is the one for you, however if you prefer thinner grips then I wouldn't recommend it. (Both of us are Right handed)

Harp per the Westside website, March 1st release, BT soft plastic. I was hoping for some VIP or Tourney plastic for it. Maybe in the future.

My guess based on the flight numbers and specs is a disc similar to a Jokeri.

Harp per the Westside website, March 1st release, BT soft plastic. I was hoping for some VIP or Tourney plastic for it. Maybe in the future.

My guess based on the flight numbers and specs is a disc similar to a Jokeri.

Dang, I thought the initial release was going to be VIP. :\

What is the bt plastic like. Pro? More durable? Less durable?

I'm no Juggalo by any means (I cannot stand the music of ICP), but I might have to paint up my face, bring a couple bottles of Faygo to the course, and run around terrorizing other golfers, telling them i'm going to be 'throwin' hatchets left and right'

I came back to wonder out loud if there were Juggalos in Finland.
This sounds like a blast, lets meet in Detroit and go terrorize the chucker bros. :D

Is there any profile pics on the harp yet? Rhis putter has me intrigued.

Harps are really OS even in BT plastic. Both soft and hard felt really nice, I can't say anything about its durability. This should be a total meathook in VIP, if it gets released at some point. The profile is pretty similar to a Zone, low profile and a little bit concave top. Seems like winner to me.

I already expect this one to replace my Jokeri and I have yet to see one. Release is only in soft but pics on the site show them in hard as well. Also said there are plans for a later release in VIP.

Dang, I thought the initial release was going to be VIP. :\

What is the bt plastic like. Pro? More durable? Less durable?

Westside's BT soft, which is what the Harp is released in thus far, is the Classic soft (DD) or Zero soft (Latitude 64) plastic.

The companies use the same plastics just with different names.

I threw a hatchet and sorcerer today. I decided I didn't need to buy a harp. It felt like deeper suspect and the BT soft plastic is just meh for me. I'm sure a ton of people will like them but I just don't have a need for one in my bag.

The sorcerer is neutral and long. That's for me though. I don't usually throw that fast of drivers. I try to keep it around 11 maybe 12 tops. It's got a place between the Havoc and Giant though easily. Little bit of turn for big arms with good form. Not a lot of fade at all. Probably the first driver I'd just call stable from Westside.

Now the hatchet....blew me away. I'll make a thread for it tomorrow unless someone else has thrown one and wants to do the work. It's so good I'm going to try to hoarde them I think. I've been working so hard to beat up several escapes and now I just don't have to.