• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Speculation on the four 2014 released discs.

I threw a hatchet and sorcerer today. I decided I didn't need to buy a harp. It felt like deeper suspect and the BT soft plastic is just meh for me. I'm sure a ton of people will like them but I just don't have a need for one in my bag.

The sorcerer is neutral and long. That's for me though. I don't usually throw that fast of drivers. I try to keep it around 11 maybe 12 tops. It's got a place between the Havoc and Giant though easily. Little bit of turn for big arms with good form. Not a lot of fade at all. Probably the first driver I'd just call stable from Westside.

Now the hatchet....blew me away. I'll make a thread for it tomorrow unless someone else has thrown one and wants to do the work. It's so good I'm going to try to hoarde them I think. I've been working so hard to beat up several escapes and now I just don't have to.

Woohoo - I'm looking forward to this disc.:clap:

I have a Swan 2 in BT Soft, and it dings up like crazy, but hits a point where it is beat in and stays there. I could see Harp being a disc to cycle if that is the plastic they make it in.

Woohoo - I'm looking forward to this disc.:clap:

I have a Swan 2 in BT Soft, and it dings up like crazy, but hits a point where it is beat in and stays there. I could see Harp being a disc to cycle if that is the plastic they make it in.

Some of the guys in Finland have been saying they'll run them in the TP premium plastic and maybe VIP eventually but for right now it's just BT soft. I don't think westside does a blend/medium like the others do. They have a BT hard so that might happen. It could be a cycle disc but it will probably take some beating first. Just not for me. Those that want a soft flexy zone type disc might love it. It's deeper than a Zone I think. I haven't looked at specs but it seemed to be more than a suspect so that would be more than a zone in depth. Not full on putter thick though.

Last edited:
Westside's BT soft, which is what the Harp is released in thus far, is the Classic soft (DD) or Zero soft (Latitude 64) plastic.

The companies use the same plastics just with different names.

Knew they shared premium, didn't even think about others. :doh:
Either way, no experience with those.

Westside at least claims on their website that the plastic they use is 98% similar to the Lat blends. Hard to compare plastic on different models of discs but I could buy that.

Harps have already been run in BT hard, the testers that first went out to the Europe guys were in hard. Website has pics of them stamped in hard as well. Was hoping these would be less deep than my Jokeri, if not I just might pass on them and try my suspect in its place.

If Hatchet is as nice as SteezeOG is saying then it will get a shot, think it is the release I am most excited about. I need something longer than my Eagles but don't want too big of rim size.

Harps have already been run in BT hard, the testers that first went out to the Europe guys were in hard. Website has pics of them stamped in hard as well. Was hoping these would be less deep than my Jokeri, if not I just might pass on them and try my suspect in its place.

If Hatchet is as nice as SteezeOG is saying then it will get a shot, think it is the release I am most excited about. I need something longer than my Eagles but don't want too big of rim size.

Yeah I knew they ran them in hard for sale overseas but someone told me they were going to only sell them there like they do with all the BT hard discs. If you want their drivers in BT hard you have to order from the euro stores or get people over there to buy them in department stores and ship them to you. Kind of a hassle for base discs I think.

You don't want the Hatchet. Totally stinks. :D Just let me keep buying those crummy pieces of junk.

Actually if you like the feel of the saint or escape but want more glide and high speed turn it's the perfect option. I wouldn't be shocked if it won some mold of the year awards on various blogs by December.

World - nothing like a Stiletto for those of you wondering that. In the snow I've only just been throwing standstill forehands - so I can't speak for the really high speeds. But on shorter forehands in the 300 foot range it shows a clear step down in terms of high speed stability from the Stiletto. I say this as a good thing - It has a ton of resistance and high speed stability after the initial out of hand turn. It seems like it has a ton of reliability for those level release shots that turn a smidge and pan running slightly left for a long time before meathooking back to the right - valuable forehand line on a ton of courses.

Have only thrown it in the VIP plastic over the past few weeks. I just got my Tournament plastic Worlds in the mail yesterday. May not get a chance to throw tonight - glow round is in the plans, so it'll be the Saint Pro, Verdict, and a putter all night. And yes I'm aware overnight it is going to be wind chilly.

Last edited:
Im really interested in the Sorceror...I like my Giants but somethinf that will still resist turn and fight wind, yet be more vwrsatile, might be right up my alley...

Welp, I wasn't going to buy any of these. But now that Steeze is calling the Hatchet a beat Escape with more glide, I'm in. Dammit.

So is the Hatchet closer to an Escape or a Furry?

From a PM from SteezeOG; addresses the Saint/Escape comps:

The hatchet though is like a hybrid between the saint and escape. It's got the sharper driver rim so not quite like the fury. It's got a perfect dome on it that's not flat and not too domey. Just very glidey. I'd compare it most to a lucid escape that you hit trees with for a year. Plus the extra glide. It really feels like an escape/saint in the hand but is a lot easier to throw full distance shots with.

Probably an escape, doesn't have the fuzziness or easy access button-up flaps that a furry has.

:hfive: good one.

It is very much like an escape in the shape. 2014 so far is the year of the short arm. I dig it. Witness and hatchet are my new friends.

:hfive: good one.

It is very much like an escape in the shape. 2014 so far is the year of the short arm. I dig it. Witness and hatchet are my new friends.
Really hoping I get out of class early enough to try out the Witness and Hatchet today pre-glow. I need a leopard replacement in my bag, that was a hole last year. Just threw a Saint in there as well. One of the three has to play the role.

Really hoping I get out of class early enough to try out the Witness and Hatchet today pre-glow. I need a leopard replacement in my bag, that was a hole last year. Just threw a Saint in there as well. One of the three has to play the role.

One of them will hopefully do it for you. All are much faster I know that. The witness for me is flippier than a champ leopard. The hatchet would probably be the closest for me. I loved first runs of saints when they seemed to be super flat. After that run they all got a little domey and somewhat flippy. I took to the escape better after that. If you get a light saint that turns well it might work out good though.

Anyone have interest in pictures and an opinion on the sorcerer? I've got dinner to make and putting league in a few hours but I can do one fairly quick.

soooo can i spend some internet money tonight? or do i have to wait until tomorrow?

DD is going to have them up at 11 PM Central time or Midnight eastern so you can spend money. I bet other retailers like disc nation will have similar timing.

Sorry, read most posts but not all… This is a dumb question but Im proceeding forward anywhooo.

Is the Harp the Suspect rebranded for Westside, by the way Im okay with that :clap: And could the sorcerer be compared to the tern?

don't worry about me I'm always late to the dance.

Last edited:
Sorry, read most posts but not all… This is a dumb question but Im proceeding forward anywhooo.

Is the Harp the Suspect rebranded for Westside, by the way Im okay with that :clap:

don't worry about me I'm always late to the dance.

No it's not. They may share some parts but it's a different disc. The Harp is not as slim profiled it's deeper. It's also more overstable and not as fast.

More of a putter than mid. I'd say it's closer to the Sinus than the Suspect. It's just got a little bit more of a suspect shape, but deeper. Flat top though.

As for the sorcerer I made a thread for it. With three somewhat bad pictures included.