• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SpinTV 2015 "This is Disc Golf" Video

Jimb

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Just had this pop up on my fb page so it's probably old news. I did a search and couldn't find a duplicate. So if this is a repeat, I apologize right up front. Mods, feel free to merge, delete, etc. as is appropriate.

And I believe that we have a Holly sighting at 0:54. :)

Sweet video. Professional looking and exciting.

This, plus the fantastic weather, really make me want to cut corners at work so I can get out to the course earlier.

Well produced piece. Even the music was appropriate.

FWIW, I hate the word millennial.

Pretty cool video. I like to see anything that makes our sport look good and more professional. Maybe this type of work will get investors to take a closer look at us. It's my personal belief that there is just not that much money to be made through disc golf. Some money, but not BIG money. Equipment costs are relatively low, and there is not a big audience of people that would be interested in watching the sport. It's way more fun to play than to watch. That's a bad combination to an investor. I think that if there was a way to squeeze more money out of the sport, someone would have found it already? Just my .02.

I may be biased as a new player but I think it's pretty interesting to watch. Actually, a lot more interesting than ball golf. They hit a ball with a stick and for the most part it just goes in a straight line. DG on the other hand has hyzers, annies, rollers, spikes, etc. I think it could really take off especially with the surge of people seeing it and becoming interested. My coworker got me hooked and now 5 people out of our company of maybe 20 want to play, plus my fiancée. Getting that place on sport center top 10 a while back didn't hurt either. I can really see a big take off in the next few years. But I may be totally wrong as I've only been playing less than 2 weeks.

I may be biased as a new player but I think it's pretty interesting to watch. Actually, a lot more interesting than ball golf. They hit a ball with a stick and for the most part it just goes in a straight line. DG on the other hand has hyzers, annies, rollers, spikes, etc. I think it could really take off especially with the surge of people seeing it and becoming interested. My coworker got me hooked and now 5 people out of our company of maybe 20 want to play, plus my fiancée. Getting that place on sport center top 10 a while back didn't hurt either. I can really see a big take off in the next few years. But I may be totally wrong as I've only been playing less than 2 weeks.

I love watching disc golf too, but that's because I play. Maybe I don't have the imagination, but it's hard for me to picture people watching in large numbers like they do football or baseball. That makes it relatively unattractive to sponsors and advertisers, and therefore TV networks. I think that the sport will continue to grow its base of players slowly but surely, but I don't know who is going to come along and really invest money in the growth of the sport, hoping for a return on investment. If disc golfers would be willing to spend as much on their equipment as ball golfers for example, then you could point to a stream of revenue and say "look investors, this is what you can tap into".

What we need is for an extremely rich person to get hooked on the sport who is willing to talk all of his/her rich friends into building championship level courses all over the country. :)

Maybe we can partner with bowling. I hear there are some cross promotional opportunities.

Well, It's better than any video I've seen for Equestrian polo. Still loses to yacht racing but it's an improvment. Not sure how much better you could make it look.... Baby steps!

I was actually kind of disappointing in the video when it came across my Facebook feed. It doesn't say anything about what disc golf is, so people who have no idea, still wouldn't have any idea after watching this video. This video is still the best video produced that explains what disc golf is, imo.

In the film industry, the mantra is "show, don't tell"

In sales, you're not selling a product, you're selling yourself.

I hope this video helps anybody and everybody who is working to grow our sport. Please use it as needed to accomplish your goals!

Latest posts