• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Squatch Lore

VictorB

* Ace Member *
Squatch has released a smaller version of the Legend, calling it the Lore.

About 2" shorter and 2" narrower than the Legend, the Lore seems to fill their 'medium' bag size in their lineup. I received my Red/Black Drew Gibson colorway last week. Same great materials that the Legend was built with. Almost perfectly moving down a form factor, similar to going from an Octohaul to Octothorpe, or a Grip AX3 to a BX3.

A few things I really like about this bag:

- still able to carry the same water bladder, in the same place (behind the putter pocket) as the legend. a 70oz bladder probably would make it feel a little top heavy, the 55oz bladder I use is about right.

- fits the perfect amount of discs for my loadout. 20 total, 5 putters, 5 midranges, and 10 drivers.

- easily has more space for discs in the side pockets, which are actually fairly innovative. can easily get up to 26 total without using the tall side pockets.

- You can 'seal' up the side pockets when they aren't in use to reduce 'bulkiness' feel that things like haul pockets seemed always give me.

- plenty of 'extras' storage in the tall side zipper pockets. haven't tried it with a full hoodie yet, but the light quarter zip was absolutely swallowed up by the big pocket.

Haven't found a lot that I don't like about the bag so far:

- not sure how well the auxillary side pockets can carry a water bottle. this seems to be one area Squatch is lacking with their designs.

- not enough space for bag flair! there's almost no velcro on the bag for patches (the only spot is the side aux pockets)

Let's discuss this new offering from Squatch!

Just orderd one a few days ago. Will give a small review on it soon.

Got one a couple of weeks ago, probably the nicest and best bag I've had to date.
I typically carry around 15 discs so I've stayed clear of the large backpacks in the past, and when I saw the lore at a local PIAS I was blown away at it's design.
Absolutely love the dual side pockets on both sides, these are roomy and extremely versatile.
Regarding water bottle concerns, I carry two 18 oz. Nalgene type bottles, one on each side, but both can also fit next to one another.

Only thing I'm surprised about is that the bottom isn't coated or waterproofed in any way unless the material itself is water resistant.
Don't see this being an issue, but most bags these days have an outer coating of sorts on the bottom and/or "feet" to keep it off the ground

My lady bought me one of these because I was still using the original Grip she bought me back in 2011 or 2012.

I was going to buy a Rufus or Carlton, but can't complain about this gift.

Same thoughts as others, but one negative is that I can feel the vertical plastic inserts at the bottom of the bag on my lower back sometimes.

The top of those same plastic inserts seems to stick out too high and has a rub/stress point already in the fabric on the sides of the top putter pocket.

Seems like it will wear through eventually. So I'm going to contact them as the bag came with the inserts installed already.

After carrying for a couple of months -

I find the Legend to be a lot more comfortable even though the Lore is more the size that I want. There's something about it being a bit shorter, plus the extra padding on the lower back portion, that makes it feel top heavy and really 'pulls' itself away from what I'd consider to be a comfortable carrying position. I've been trying about everything to get it to even out - I've run out of options and ideas. I've been having shoulder/pinched nerve issues also, and the way the Lore carries kind of exacerbates the problem, as it gives me a lot more discomfort.

I don't play much during the winter (son's hockey season takes priority) so maybe I'll hold on to it and re-evaluate in the spring. As of right now though, my loadout is back in the Legend.

I play with a handful plus of players, on the regular, that have a Squatch bag. A couple different ones. Really....none of them are impressed. Various complaints, many are posted here. Every one of them have said they regret their decisions and will be going back to other bags. I kind of believe this is pretty common. I hope the manufacturer hears the feedback and can make some improvements. It seems to be a quality bag.

I play with a handful plus of players, on the regular, that have a Squatch bag. A couple different ones. Really....none of them are impressed. Various complaints, many are posted here. Every one of them have said they regret their decisions and will be going back to other bags. I kind of believe this is pretty common. I hope the manufacturer hears the feedback and can make some improvements. It seems to be a quality bag.

I really like the Legend, it's highly comparable to an Octothorpe. It's slightly too big for what I want to carry. However, the ergonomics of the Lore are different enough that it's not as comfortable (note that I didn't say it was uncomfortable or difficult to carry), even though it's a perfect size for what I want to carry. I think Squatch makes a perfectly fine product, and the people you're talking to either have buyer's remorse or expected exactly Pound quality for nearly half the price

I've carried enough different bags to know that the differences between 'very good' and 'excellent' are pretty minimal, and there are strongly diminishing returns for investing more money into your choice of bag. (shift, rebel, grip B, octo, carlton, ridge, legend, lore)

The Lore v2 was previewed on instagram yesterday.

I really like the changes they made, and it's good that they're listening to customer feedback to make their product better. I guess I should have known better than to buy a V1 (of any product) but there are not really any changes highlighted that I couldn't live without.

How do the Squatch zippers hold up!?!

I'm probably picking up a Lore 2.0 for Father's Day. Partly because it's a perfect size to fit the Zuca Backpack cart I use, partly because it's price, partly because of the warranty.

Right now I have a Fossa Skinny 2 that none of the zippers seal any more. (I've tried the youtube tightening/crimping suggestions with no success.) This bag was already returned and repaired once by Fossa within warranty.