• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Stable/overstable complement to Pro Leopard?

tmaniac

Par Member
Eternal noob/casual player here...

My DX Leo is either too beat and is squirrely or my power is finally going up and I need something more stable.

I'm going to pickup a Pro Leopard to replace it, but also I'd like a more stable complement.

Thinking about DX Teebird, DX Eagle, Champ/Star Leopard, Z Stalker...

What's my best bet? Obviously I'm not looking for anything too OS.

Thanks
tmaniac

Pro Leopards are great discs! You might consider a Champ Leo3, or premium plastic Leo, if you like the feel and want some consistency.

Champ or star Leo is what I would recommend. Thing about dx drivers is they get flippy way too fast imo.

Star Leopard is the obvious choice. They really don't show much turn at all until they're seasoned. They'l be a great complement to your Pro.

I'm going to vote for a QJLS. Nice small rim like a Leo. It's going to be dead straight to fade, like a less beefy teebirds. Think it will be a perfect compliment to a pro Leo

Thanks guys. I will probably grab a DX Teebird and a Star (or maybe champ) Leo.

tmaniac

Star TL could be good also!

OK I will think about Gazelle's and TLs too... I had a ProD Cyclone way back and really liked it... I think Gazelles are similar. Probably more OS though. The Pro D Cyclone was actually pretty flippy.

Haven't ordered yet, so keep 'em coming I guess :D

You would want to try any Cyclone but Pro D. I liked the couple X I've thrown quite a bit. I'm pretty sure the gazelle is no longer on shelves. Cyclones may be in the same boat though.

Thanks guys. I will probably grab a DX Teebird and a Star (or maybe champ) Leo.

tmaniac

My question is how overstable you want. What other fairways so you bag? Your fresh Pro Leopard will be very OS compared to almost any DX Leo, though it doesn't take long to beat in to get some easy turn.

I really like premium plastics in general. My current fairway setup in the 6-8 speed range is Pro Leopard, Luster Champ Leo3, and Star Teebird.