• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Standstill Throwing and Distance instructional?

Would a standstill instructional be something you are interested in?

• yes

Votes: 156 90.7%
  • no

Votes: 16 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How are we coming along with this? I want to work on my standstill b/c I'm tired of having bad throws b/c of uneven ground messing up my x-step.

Point being you need good form/ instinct when throwing from a standstill. Anyone can do it. :|

Make it work.

Last edited:
my biggest issue when throwing from a standstill is my timing is all jacked up. I will either release early or late.

Shared with an advanced masters player on Sunday that this guy with bad knees has hit 530 from a standstill and he said he would have to see it to believe it...so bring on the vid! Feel like it would be very beneficial

I would live this. I have Hemothrosis Arthropathy so my knee is dead. I've tweaked this technique as much as I can (with the help of some good friends), but I've taken it as far as I can at this point.

I would love to throw like russel..... Bring it on there can never be enough dg videos.

Yea id like to see a 450' drive standing still ive been slowing my run ip down and try'n to smooth it out and have been adding distance probly alot to learn from a video like this