• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] star discs

Same experience with Star Aviar, I bought it to do a dye on it, but I don't like it very much.

Different strokes... I did the same thing, bought a Star Aviar for a dye and love it...more then the DX.

I think someone said it best. Buy the molds in DX and, those you like, try/buy them in Star. There will be some different characteristics though as others mentioned with different plastic and the ability of DX to wear quickly - i.e.: Rocs and Teebirds. It's sometimes just a preference/feel thing.

I guess you can say you really put 110% into your game!!!

(check you math)

Star Nuke... best disc ever

V V V V V
V V V V V
*please use the search feature for broad questions*

On a more serious note, I've loved a couple different pro TLs over the years but have been disappointed whenever I tried a star TL (They've been champy star FWIW). It's not just the grip. They've been teebird stable which really wasn't what I was looking for.

So my advice is to skip the star TL but of course everyone has their own preferences.

Star plastic is wonderful stuff, it's Innova's best combination of grip and long term performance.

Since there are no Star Grooves, I dont think you could pick a bad disc in Star plastic.

Some players may prefer a softer feel for putting, but for most mids and drivers, Star is the best plastic out there.

meh I dont carry any star. To me, it flies like a brick.

You want premium plastic? I'd take in order

GL
Opto
ESP
Z
Champ
ESP FLX

all before star.

meh I dont carry any star. To me, it flies like a brick.

You want premium plastic? I'd take in order

GL
Opto
ESP
Z
Champ
ESP FLX

all before star.

Interesting... It seems that star has better glide (for me at least) than z or champ plastic. I love my 167 sidewinder.

my bag is 80% champ and 28% star with 2% being high end discraft plastic and an SP line DGA rouge

Always givin' it 110%, eh?

I have 17 discs in my bag

1 ESP
13 Champ/Elite Z
3 Ions

I rather like Elite Z.

Latest posts