• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Steve Rico's Putting Style

thats exactly how i putt also and i am more consistent at putting then alot of other players i see on the course. now if i could just get my drives down. SMH:doh:

Does anyone who uses this technique have the ability to explain what's going on?

It looks like Steve starts to bend he's knees bit keeps the disc up. He doesn't move the disc down and bend his elbow until he's already springing up.

I usually already have the disc down lower when I begin to bend my knees. I try to time my arm movement when my back leg comes off the ground.

Does this make any sense?

I was just outside practicing my putting and I thought about "shifting my weight" into the putt by leaning back a little and then pushing forward and stopping just before my spin putt release. I was really surprised at the accuracy and easy distance. I knew I had seen the use of the legs before but couldn't remember who putted that way. Mosquitoes started biting and I came in to read DGCR and here it is. Steve Rico showing the way.

In the Form Analysis threads SW22 always instructs about shifting the weight from the back leg to the plant or brace leg. Watch Rico starting at 0:30. He dips his butt down and then pushes forward which effectively shifts his weight forward and gives the putt momentum.

Yeah. I've always had that. It's the timing of the arm that I struggle with.

I will try this and report back! Someone tried to explain push putting to me one time and I think I've been screwed up ever since.