• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

straightest out of the box putter?

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I'm talking, minimal fade on putts. What's the consensus here? :confused:

The magic and the XPutt'r are very close, and both are very straight putters. For driving though, they are understable.

Innova Skeeter. I know it is not a putter however from 10 feet to 30 feet it goes where you aim in a straight line if used as a putter.

if you r looking for straight putter to approach or throw off the tee then the wizard is it. dead straight almost nooo fade. if you are looking for a putter to just putt with then see the above suggestions. I forgot about the XD whoever posted that. thanks it is a great disc that never gets love

No driving, putters only. A real point and click type of putter right out of the box, preferably with a smaller diameter (which would cancel out Aeros). Anyone had any experience with the JuJu or the Discmania P1? PanicKJ, don't make me consider using my Skeeter for a putter again, I've been down that road before.

keep'em coming guys, good stuff.

With my experience, here is my list:

Gateway = VooDoo & Magic
Latitude 64' = Pure
Discwing = Crosshair
Ching = JuJu

im a huge fun of the discraft cryzstal challenger.i have two in my bag i also have a zone but i dont use it to put more a s a midrange . the cryzstal challenger is just a great putter it can do long and short distances and stick the line. check it out

What's the difference in the voodoo and magic. Is it just the speed.

Since we are talking putts, speed is not really that much into play. The Magic is one more step under stable than the VooDoo. At short distances like putts they are very comparable. The magic may hold the line slightly more as the distance gets a little longer.

Keep in mind, all discs turn left (RHBH) when the speeds are slow enough and the distance is long enough. The Magic should hold the straight line a little longer than the VooDoo to a point. I really don't notice that much of a difference.

XD

When I first started using it I would constantly miss right on putts because I kept trying to adjust for fade. I finally figured out I could actually putt straight at the basket and it go in. What a novel concept :)

Something like a Magic, Aviar P&A, Magnet or APX would probably be the closest to what you're looking for if you want any sort of predictibility in the wind.

Personally, I like a putter that fades a bit. All you have to do is learn to control range on your putts and then any misses will be really minimized by the fade. A putter that doesn't fade will keep going past the basket.