• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Strange things/awkward encounters on the course.

There was a group of workout ladies taking photos along the creek by #12 at Bicentennial in Crowley. They had all their gear, including weights, that they had lugged down there. The basket was in the pin down by the creek, and it's a blind shot. So several groups had thrown on them without even knowing they were there. It was a Tuesday night, so the mini was going on.

I've also seen weddings set up at two different courses, bicentennial and Harry Myers. They had to get approval from the city to do that in both cases, and they're both multiuser see parks, so I figure they have as much a right to monopolize the park, the same when we do tournaments. There was a couple getting their wedding photos done one day at bicentennial. They unfortunately chose the tournament day to do it. The photographer was having words with us, but we told her this was a planned event, and directed her to the DD truck if she wanted to complain.

I was playing night rounds at my home course Central Park tonight, using a lit-up Champion TeeBird. On hole 9, my tee shot hits the tree tops and drops about 20 feet from the basket. All of a sudden, I see my disc rise, move up and down a couple of times, and then come rocketing towards the restroom, straight into the wall. It was a group of hoodlums that were apparently hanging out on the bench by the basket, I yelled "Hey what the f***!" and they scattered. Definitely strange.

Latest posts