• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

Anybody toss a runway much? What are your thoughts? Looking at some options for an OS compliment to my matrix without being absolutely ridiculous meathook.

Anybody toss a runway much? What are your thoughts? Looking at some options for an OS compliment to my matrix without being absolutely ridiculous meathook.

Buddy throws his a lot. Nothing wrong with that choice at all. He's an average casual player for power, and it has very usable lines. I haven't thrown one though.

Runway feels great in the hand. Nice and flat top, unique angular underwing, slim overall. A little longer and glidier than a Zone. Not quite the beefcake of say, a Justice.

I've had the Drift for a while now and that is a GREAT disc...I've thrown some super straight, low ceiling drives with it... better than my Leopard 3 ever was for me... and that was a really good disc.

I've had the Drift for a while now and that is a GREAT disc...I've thrown some super straight, low ceiling drives with it... better than my Leopard 3 ever was for me... and that was a really good disc.

Yesterday I compared the Drift with the Leopard3 in store. They looked like clones to me, wing and all. I was going to buy a Drift, but of the 10 discs in plasma and cosmic neutron, no two of them had the same dome. I was surprised, and since I didn't know what it was supposed to feel like, I stayed away.

Can someone take a side-view pic of your good Drift? Two actually: Wing close-up and full dome, panned out a bit.

Sample size of 2.....both were very domey. Too bad because the wing section felt nice. I'd like to try a flat one.

Perfect. That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

Runway would be a good choice.

I would look at the Mint Bobcat too. (Says it may be a tad less overstable than a Runway)

I was feeling up a buddies and tossed it a few times. If i were to ever drop my Quakes (which i wont) this would be the mold i would check out.

Mvp makes Mint discs as well.

Last edited:
Runway would be a good choice.

I would look at the Mint Bobcat too. (Says it may be a tad less overstable than a Runway)

I was feeling up a buddies and tossed it a few times. If i were to ever drop my Quakes (which i wont) this would be the mold i would check out.

Mvp makes Mint discs as well.

Good to know! The quake was one of the others I was looking at. I hadn't looked at any mint discs, but I'm not opposed to checking them out either. I like their company and what they are doing.

Try a lighter one in the high 160s or low 170s. Heavy ones are about like a new Malta, beefy Wasp but my lighter one is a better straight to fade thrower right away. Complemented my N Reactor really well.

I think a runway (or two) is in order!

Next question. The lift. Is it simply a single shot Insanity? Flight numbers look identical. The Insanity is a beloved mold in my bag, but I need a few more. Lifts are cheaper.....and I'm a cheapskate lol

Next question. The lift. Is it simply a single shot Insanity? Flight numbers look identical. The Insanity is a beloved mold in my bag, but I need a few more. Lifts are cheaper.....and I'm a cheapskate lol
I find Lifts to be a little more stable than the numbers. It replaced the CD2 for me. Think CD2/Undertaker/Escape stability.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The Lifts i have thrown do not fly like Insanities. They are beefier and more of a straight line fairway. Nowhere near as much turn.

The Lift is more stable than the numbers. Its a great mold. I bag it.
Its more of a -1 turn (if that) when new.

Has good glide and a comfortable chunky rim.

I dont know what to compare the Lift too but i use it if i have a long tight Straight par 3... Like 350ft+

I have been wondering for long time if MVP uses a single shot on their overmolds and sells them under a different name.

My Drift is pretty flat. I looked at three others in a local store yesterday and they were all flat. Mine seems more like a -1 turn than the listed -2... fade of 1 seems right.

My Drift is pretty flat. I looked at three others in a local store yesterday and they were all flat. Mine seems more like a -1 turn than the listed -2... fade of 1 seems right.

Yeah, the latest run especially of Cosmic Neutron have been pretty flat. FR Proton and Neutron had a higher shoulder and more pronounced dome. I find the current run exactly as you describe, about -1 less HSS.

I grabbed a plasma 173 Ace and neutron 167 stock stamp Trace today. Making a conscious decision to try some slower drivers, hoping the Trace is a slightly easier to throw Hurricane like disc

Latest posts