• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

so I don't think I realized what you were talking about with the 'softness' difference. Maybe I'm still in the dark, but when I went back to the shop to buy more soft electron pilots, they only had 1 that felt really good. The others were tacky but stiff, soft cosmic electron I think was the blend?
Correct.
The new soft Pilots aren't really soft. I have a soft cosmic electron Atom and a normal cosmic electron Atom… And they really don't feel any different; both are relatively firm. I know we were talking about pilots and now I'm talking about Atom… But my soft pilots feel like the soft Atom.

The new soft is not really that soft which is really a bummer because the old soft plastic is amazing!

How do people feel about the Flare? I have a max weight that's utility and thumbers only, but I've never thrown a lightweight one.

The best overstable control driver currently on the market. I use one for controlled and skip FH from 300-400ft and they hold stability for a long time.

Have a 165 and it will got a bit farther easier but the flight pattern doesn't change much.

Moose has a cannon IIRC. Those of us that are mere mortals can still use the Flare as well. My most workable one is a Lab 2nds, 169, with a bit of dome. It's still plenty OS, but I like it. I tend to think the dome (most are very flat) is more responsible for the slight decrease in HSS, which is perfect.

Electron soft pilots have earned the permanent putter spot in my bag for this year. The feel of the plastic is great, and the flatter topped/low profile is just what I needed. I read in the newsletter update that they will be working to get the electron soft back to what it was (not the stiffer plastic they have now) and that was a nice feeling that a company was listening to what their customers wanted.

My buddy with legit 450-500ft power bought a Flare and it was unusably overstable for him.
Probably as usable as a Tilt is to some players.

The best overstable control driver currently on the market. I use one for controlled and skip FH from 300-400ft and they hold stability for a long time.

Have a 165 and it will got a bit farther easier but the flight pattern doesn't change much.

I hate to burst your bubble.

I've done a lot work with my forehand and I threw flares exclusively for lawn-darts backhand hyzers and baseball-style forehand throws, massive anny and huge flex and fade. Threw them out to 325-340, which I thought was very respectable given their stability.

Got two of the newer run flares and they aren't as stable as the old run. Fly like 9/4/0/3 instead of 9/4/0/4 or 9/4/0/5 like they used to fly. Hold onto the ones you have because the newer runs just aren't the same.

They absolutely bomb on a forehand anny flex though.

I hate to burst your bubble.

I've done a lot work with my forehand and I threw flares exclusively for lawn-darts backhand hyzers and baseball-style forehand throws, massive anny and huge flex and fade. Threw them out to 325-340, which I thought was very respectable given their stability.

Got two of the newer run flares and they aren't as stable as the old run. Fly like 9/4/0/3 instead of 9/4/0/4 or 9/4/0/5 like they used to fly. Hold onto the ones you have because the newer runs just aren't the same.

They absolutely bomb on a forehand anny flex though.

I have 8, so hopefully by the time I need more they are back to the same way the first 3-4 runs were.

I have 8, so hopefully by the time I need more they are back to the same way the first 3-4 runs were.

Sounds like you're prepared haha

I don't have the distance you do, and although I'm trying my darndest to get there, I don't think I'll ever match you, or anything close to match. All that to say I don't see much distance difference between old run flare and new run energy - they are as beefy as anything I've ever thrown. A little flatter than old runs (not domey, but not flat... slight raise to the flight plate) and go about ~25-40 feet longer than my flares, so I just power an energy down for shorter shots.

New run flares are incredible for controlled D forehands. Absolutely fantastic for them. Just not a shot I really need in the bag for my game. You might find them tasty as power-straight shots for ~80% throws

Picked up a Flare yesterday. Max weight in the cosmic neutron plastic. Plan to try it out for my thumbers.

Just played a round with the Flare in the bag. My normal thumber disc is a lucid x felon. I would say the flare might be slightly more overstable than the felon. It went a little further for me (maybe 30-40 feet) than my typical shot. I also threw it on a low skip shot and it definitely wanted to start turning almost immediately after it left my hand. It is definitely one of the most overstable discs I've thrown. I'll keep it around for a bit for thumbers and utility type shots but I wouldn't even try to throw it for any sort of distance with my noodle arm.

Should throw my Pilot all the time off the tee, except with a tailwind. Flies straight, flies far. (except with a tailwind, it kinda just drops. )

It's a Lab Second Cosmic something and super stiff.

Oh, the rest of my bag is gyro haha I carry one of each Streamline except 2 Traces and a few Pilots. The plastic and the shallow molds are perfect for me.

Yeah, I'm bagging the Fireball. lol. I've thrown other MVP discs but none have clicked with me like Streamline. If they could make a disc that flies like the Vulture with the same rim width, then I would be impressed.

Latest posts