• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I grabbed a plasma 173 Ace and neutron 167 stock stamp Trace today. Making a conscious decision to try some slower drivers, hoping the Trace is a slightly easier to throw Hurricane like disc

My Plasma Trace still won't turn. Doesn't fade a lot, but no turn unless there's some headwind. I hoped it would be a longer Escape. Plastic feels great though.

All the new runs of Traces are coming out with similar highish PLH and very mild domes, almost identical in every plastic.

If you're looking for something less stable or domey you're going to have to find an older Neutron or Plasma.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The 167 neutron trace has some turn for sure. Lower PLH and flatter than the ACE plasma 172 I also have. I really like the flight of the disc and seems a little less power hungry than a hurricane. Which right now I'm liking that aspect a lot. The plasma has a great flight for me out of the box, pretty true to the numbers

Was pushing 360-370 into a 6-8mph headwind yesterday in the field with my Traces. The neutron was doing fine off a hyzer flip to slight turn, and the plasma needed a flatter release to get a full flight. But the flight was great and I didn't feel like I had to 'overthrow' the disc to get it out there. Was getting the same distance as my hurricanes, but misses with the hurricane ended up hyzering out much harder. At this point in my career, a tick slower might just be the trick. I'm definitely craving more consistency and not trying to throw as hard as I can on all distance shots.

Last edited:
Picked up a Runway the other day, only have a few throws on it in the backyard but I am loving it so far. I was using a Drone for my OS mid, and I love the Drone for backhand, but it was always so touchy on sidearm shots. The Runway feels so good for flicks, can't wait to try it out on the course.. There are a couple holes i'm always wishing for a couple more feet from my Zone off the tee.

Also, anybody know how those Sarah Hokom cosmic neutron traces are flying? More stable?

Also, anybody know how those Sarah Hokom cosmic neutron traces are flying? More stable?

I'd love to know as well, can't find any in stock myself to try out.

The Lift is taking over my control driver slot. There aren't a lot of discs that I pick up and throw these days that immediately click with me, but this is definitely one. Reminds me of a fresh flat top P-Line PD

From what I've heard the Cosmic Neutrons are coming out a touch less stable than the recent Proton and Plasma runs

From what I've heard the Cosmic Neutrons are coming out a touch less stable than the recent Proton and Plasma runs

Got my hands on one and this seems to be the case. Mine is a little flatter than my plasma, PLH about the same. I threw it a bit at the course, and it seemed to be getting more turn, but winds were 15-20 MPH so who knows.

I think the trace has solidified it's spot as the workhorse driver in my bag, more predictable than my wave and not as OS as my photon.

I think the trace has solidified it's spot as the workhorse driver in my bag, more predictable than my wave and not as OS as my photon.

I almost bought a trace the other day.....and after reading that I wish I would have. I might be looking for something a tad less squirrelly than my waves can be, but I don't need something as OS as a photon.

Me, in my brilliance, bought an Axiom Mayhem instead lol

I almost bought a trace the other day.....and after reading that I wish I would have. I might be looking for something a tad less squirrelly than my waves can be, but I don't need something as OS as a photon.

Me, in my brilliance, bought an Axiom Mayhem instead lol
Trace is 100% the flight path MVP has been missing in their 11 speed lineup.

I grabbed a set of Pilots because I've been considering a much lower profile non-beaded putter lately. Feel is good, releases clean from my hand which is the most important thing I was looking for. Isn't really as understable as advertised (-1/1) but that's not a bad thing. Going to play a couple rounds this weekend with them and get a better idea of how they work for me.

I'm digging streamline stuff lately. Lineup seems solid and the discs are relatively inexpensive and widely available.

Last edited:
I think the -1/1 only applies to electron pilots. All premium pilots I've tried are long and straight with a baby fade at the end. They eventually beat in to -1/1 and stay there for a long time.

I havent tried the electron ones I only picked up a pair of pilots in proton glow for night rounds (or dusk) as an Ohm replacement, since they are twins. Definitely more stable than I was expecting but they are decent, I believe the rating on them is 0/1 as opposed to electron -1/1

The soft Electron Pilots (the older runs that were actually soft, not the newer ones that are "Gateway soft") are my favorites. They actually fly like the -1/1 ratings.

Just got my new Cosmic Neutron Runway in the mail. I absolutely LOVE the feel of the plastic. Got a good tacky/gummy feel. Hopefully will be able to go get it in the air this weekend.

I can get about 230' in my yard, so i decided to go out and give my new Cosmic Neutron Runway a few tosses quick. I learned two things:

I absolutely cannot throw in flip flops (absolutely hate them in general, just wear them to pop out and let the dogs outside).....

Secondly, this disc is definitely beefy! Can't get a great feel as to how much, but it's definitely very overstable. Gave it a moderate toss and it went hard left.

Exactly what I'm looking for! Feels great in the hand and the plastic feels incredible too!

The soft Electron Pilots (the older runs that were actually soft, not the newer ones that are "Gateway soft") are my favorites. They actually fly like the -1/1 ratings.

so I don't think I realized what you were talking about with the 'softness' difference. Maybe I'm still in the dark, but when I went back to the shop to buy more soft electron pilots, they only had 1 that felt really good. The others were tacky but stiff, soft cosmic electron I think was the blend?

so I don't think I realized what you were talking about with the 'softness' difference. Maybe I'm still in the dark, but when I went back to the shop to buy more soft electron pilots, they only had 1 that felt really good. The others were tacky but stiff, soft cosmic electron I think was the blend?
Basically any Pilot in a store these days is new blend, all much stiffer than the old ones. Still nice and tacky but instead of soft medium and firm they are now more like medium firm and brick.