• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Streamline Discs by MVP

I think with my pending bag shakeup, a flare may be in order. I currently bag a Resistor in my OS fairway slot, and really use it more as a super beefy mid. I recently added a Runway. That's now taken those beefy mid duties. Thought about dropping resistor for flare for a little more speration.

I think with my pending bag shakeup, a flare may be in order. I currently bag a Resistor in my OS fairway slot, and really use it more as a super beefy mid. I recently added a Runway. That's now taken those beefy mid duties. Thought about dropping resistor for flare for a little more speration.
If you've never thrown a Flare, prepare yourself. They are on a different level of stability.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I'm digging my Flare for thumbers. I've thrown Firebirds, Felons, and FD3's for this shot and the Flare has added about fifty feet of distance to my thumbers because it holds its line longer before flipping.

I'm looking for just a dumb OS utility disc. So it should work.

And I also bag a Stego.....so absurd levels of stability don't shock me anymore haha.

It's one of the best there is in that slot.

Nearly everyone I've seen try one ends up liking it.

This is a standard Flare vs a flat top Luster Firebird if that gives you any idea of you're in for
8b7bcda8e193fc126092886058ea778a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Was shocked to find new Proton Traces at my local pias for $10.99. Which was part of the allure of the release of Streamline. I feel like mvp still sells these discs at a lower(than normal) price wholesale BUT retailers are charging a higher retail.
So we dont see the lower cost as intended.....

I bought 3....feel like i should go get more.

A disc golf shop a quarter mile from pias sells them for $17.99.

If you dont try and squeeze every damn penny out of me ,im most likely willing to spend more. I didnt spend 18$ for a Trace at that one shop but spent 50$ at pias today. (Got a Hokum Trace for 13.99 as well)

Was shocked to find new Proton Traces at my local pias for $10.99. Which was part of the allure of the release of Streamline. I feel like mvp still sells these discs at a lower(than normal) price wholesale BUT retailers are charging a higher retail.
So we dont see the lower cost as intended.....

I bought 3....feel like i should go get more.

A disc golf shop a quarter mile from pias sells them for $17.99.

If you dont try and squeeze every damn penny out of me ,im most likely willing to spend more. I didnt spend 18$ for a Trace at that one shop but spent 50$ at pias today. (Got a Hokum Trace for 13.99 as well)

I have gotten several X outs of streamline for $10 in stores. Best deal going when I've found them.

You know what we need, Eclipse streamline.

I would throw the crap out of a glow Flare.

You know what we need, Eclipse streamline.

I would throw the crap out of a glow Flare.

The eclipse 2.0 Pilot is pretty alright, it's no ohm but the glow on my white is a lot better than the purple... totally passable as a putter.

*looks like I'm stalking you tonight... let's see if you're in the 3rd thread too haha

Streamline needs to make their version of the coveted 1.1 Orion LF or something like the Vulture, in my opinion. Something that is in the faster fairway category, in between the control and traditional fairway. Rim width 1.8, keeping with the Drift.

Not sure if this belongs here, but I figured might as well share I recently picked up a Streamline Trace after trying to find a long distance disc for my ability (I'm a strong armer still and my max D drives with any disc are usually around 300-330' on course). And I have to say, this might be THE BEST long disc I've ever thrown! it is blowing my mind how easy it is to throw and how amazing it flies every time!

Out of loads of FWs and Drivers I own or have tried, it flies the best by far! The rim feels more like a speed 9-11, but it flies like a speed 11-12! Has amazing glide, but always under control! Has the most beautiful flight (dead straight for 80% of the throw, then always hooks up on a soft forward penetrating fade finish). And it consistently goes 10-40' farther than all my other discs I own or have thrown! And that includes some speed 12 super glide distance drivers!

I still can't throw properly, but using my smooth strong arm technique, I can always get the Trace out to 320-340' no problem. And it always ends up where I think it will go! And it's the ONLY long distance disc I can FH really well and consistently. I have a horrible FH usually when going for anything over 200', yet just last night on a 323' dog leg right, I just flicked it out there with almost no wobble and it was actually 10' past the basket! I couldn't believe it! I barely even threw it, and was just concentrating on a short concise backswing and getting lots of spin on the shot, and it just pinged out there and kept going and going! Also has a really nice flight path on FH. On a flat release, it has a nice slow tiny leak to the left (maybe 2-5' at most), then around 3/4s of the way through the flight, it starts to slowly come back to the right, and always forward. Never dumps! Ends up about 5-10' right of dead straight. Perfect!!!

Plus... it feels amazing in my hand! It's almost board flat (which are my favorite feeling discs), has a nice depth to it. Not too shallow, not tall. And the rim feel is amazing. Plus in the Neutron plastic, it just has the most perfect feel! It's actually almost a swirly like Neutron plastic. Very very subtle swirl in the plastic, not like a Cosmic though. Has a durable sheen to it, yet somehow has the perfect amount of grip AND clean release! It comes out of my hand so nice and clean, and especially on FH's! AND they only cost like 12-18 bucks! For Neutron or Proton plastic that lasts forever, you can't beat that!!!

Not sure if it's the specific Trace mold or the fact that I went down in weight to a 168g for the first time ever (I've heard here and there that the 168-170g range is the money weight for distance drivers)? As I always throw max weight as I can't stand light feeling discs. But this thing is just SOO $$$ and has to be one of my all time favorite discs already in just 1 month of using it! In fact, I just bought a Proton version in 172g, as not only a backup, but hopefully it will be just a touch more O/S and better for FH's? As well as into the wind drives. I actually want to buy a whole stack of them, as I'm absolutely in love with this disc! But you know, can't keep buying plastic everyday. I'd go broke, haha.

Just wanted to share that here, in case anyone is looking for an insanely good driver from Streamline or anyone really! Amazing control, amazing distance, amazing FH and amazing consistency. It might not be THE LONGEST driver out there, but it's definitely the longest, straightest, most CONSISTENT driver I've ever used. Only like 3-4 times EVER have I thrown a disc farther in field practice, and that was with my rarely bagged Prodigy D3 Max. It's just too wide of a rim, too fast, and too touchy for me at this point in my form journey. Once I learn how to stop strong arming and start slinging, then the D3 Max will definitely go in the bag and be my max D disc. I've gotten that thing out to 400-420 a few times in field practice, but 99% of the time, I end up throwing it like garbage because I just don't have the consistency and technique yet to throw it well.

So anyone looking for an incredible distance driver that is a beginner or more likely intermediate, I'd check out a Trace!

Following SuperWookie's enthusiastic review, I picked up a Trace hoping it would replace my GStar Wraith slot. I kept losing the damn things before I could keep longer drives under control.

I like my 11 speed to be a pretty neutral disc I can shape on lines where I need distance but not a max drive. This disc is just incredible. It's very ergonomic for me, the Neutron plastic feels and looks amazing, and the trifoil stamp is just classy. This thing can take plenty of power (I'm around 400' on my best distance drives) and will turn a bit fresh out of the box but seems like it could take a lot more than I can give it and serve as a controllable hyzer flip disc for a bigger arm. It has the grip, distance, and flight characteristics I liked in my GStar Wraiths, but maybe with more true neutral flight, which is not easy to find in 11 speeds.

I also find it very comfortable in a forehand grip too despite not having much of one yet.

If these features appeal to you I say give it a try!

Lol, I've been tossing that reactor a bit! You mind if I do a video with it and then get it back to you?

Take your time. I have a pair of pink Cosmics , and the green/blue one is an alternate. I just think that Plasma Reactor is criminally underrated as a fun thing to say.

There are at least four Oregon Silver holes (1,7,8,16) that disc seems built for. Worth a round if you're still feeling it out.

Separately, I do hope Sam leaves that tree on Gatewood 6. It pretty well makes the hole.