• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Streamline Discs Flare...

It looks more like a Firebird, FD3, Felon type of disc. Should be a good disc to their lineup. Forehand guys will love it I'm sure.

I threw one yesterday quite a bit.
It is every bit as os as any old flat champion firebird I've ever had.
I grabbed on in the newer cosmic neutron plastic. I really enjoyed the firmness and tackiness of the plastic.

I tested it on a couple of holes that I would normally use my most OS firebird for:
One hole is a controlled low ceiling hallway that had a rough left cut after about 275', it worked perfectly for that.
I also had a couple of very pin point spike hyzer shots over some trees with it and that seems to be where it really shines.
It was quite easy to gauge the necessary power and drop them hot within 10' of my target each time.

I'll have to test out a couple more runs but every single one that I looked at were board flat and felt great in the hand. (cosmic neutron and regular neutron.)
Of course most of these are likely from the same run but if they keep coming out like this it could replace my expensive firebird habit....

Is anyone else throwing these? I adore my Flares and have bought several, but I see them on sale quite a bit and gently used ones at PIAS in the reg.

Trying to gauge if I need to hoard more in case they go OOP.

I got three park job birdies with mine today!

After switching over to only Michigan made discs (Discraft & MVP and all their respective other brands they press), I was thrilled to try out the Flare. It was too overstable for me. So I have a couple sitting here and continue to throw the Raptor instead.

The more I use this disc the more I love it. Every time I pick it up I seem to throw a good shot, especially on FH.