• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Support local disc golf shops!!!!

Wow we get quite lucky around here. We have Marshall Street Disc Golf, which is always packed and has tons of discs in every plastic and tie dye and glow discs. Then right up the road Maple Hill just opened up a new store. Now we have a new store right at the bottom of hole 12 at Devens called Killer B. All close by, of course it makes payday hard knowing that theres one store on the way home.

My favorite place to buy plastic:
http://www.throwshop.us/

Run by people who:
- know the game and make reliable recommendations.
- actually make courses happen.
- are wonderful ambassadors of the game.

HUMONGOUS selection, with many hard to find items. They'll even let you throw a round with designated demo discs so you can see if that disc you were thinking about really has a place in your bag (MANY popular molds to test drive)!

This place rules, Champion plastic is real cheap there, too. Prices are good on everything, but Champion is particularly nice. Awesome selection, they get everything I've heard of, and tons of stuff I haven't. The mentioned demo discs. And the owners are awesome, and had a hand in designing most of our area's awesome courses. Also, it's 5 minutes from my house.

edit: I also try not to go there too much, its hard to escape without buying something.

Last edited:
GGGT is crazy awesome, and is much cheaper than the shop that is closer to me. They carry EVERYTHING. I'm like a kid in a candy shop when I step in their door.

In Rock Hill S.C. we have 5 stores that sell disc. Problem is they only sell Innova and Disc Mania. Innova east coast is located in Rock Hill so I am assuming they are giving my local stores a great deal to sell only there products. I buy local for all Innova purchases, online for anything else.
On a positive note, I have 10 courses within 10 miles of my home, including two I can walk too. I was told Innova supplied free baskets for the local schools and parks. I played at a local event the other day and for the $20 entry fee I got a green starter bag and three dx discs.

Latest posts