• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Taurus

Anybody thrown one? Supposedly a more overstable roc, ala rocx3.

If it is a bit more OS than the Rocx3 it could replace the Sentinel, and if it comes in a semi-firm Millennium plastic I could see this becoming my midrange of choice.

If it is a bit more OS than the Rocx3 it could replace the Sentinel, and if it comes in a semi-firm Millennium plastic I could see this becoming my midrange of choice.

I've seen it popping up on the millennium fb page intermittently and now finally saw someone putting them up for sale but nobody seems to want to talk about how they fly. *shrug*.

I bought two 180g hot pink Quantum Tauruses from Sun King Discs, got them in the mail yesterday and took them out to a field to compare to my Rocs. I wanted something more stable than my Roc3s, and I had previously picked up the RocX3 but ended up losing it into a pond after grip locking it, so opted for the Taurus in hopes it would feel a bit better in my hand than the RocX3, which seemed to 'stick' on release because of the slightly larger bead.

Look and Feel: It looks and feels very much like a Roc3/RocX3, except the bead feels a little nicer than the RocX3 does. A RocX3 says "RX3" on the bottom, and the Taurus says "RX" which makes me wonder if they're the same disc, or just slightly different. They're nice and flat, but not quite as flat as my Roc3's. This blend of Quantum plastic feels great and I like it more than the champ plastic my RocX3 came in, it seems grippier than typical champ plastic and has a slight flex to it.

How it throws: (LHBH) So first I hucked my DX Roc, and two Champ Roc3's on a standard hyzer line at 85% power, they flip very slightly and fade predictably. Then I copied that line with the Taurus, which didn't flip at all, and came back strong, but not a meat hook by any means. Next, I tried a straight line drive at 90% power, the rocs held nice and straight as expected with minimal fade, and the Taurus does too, but at about 75% of the flight you notice a strong fade and drop at the end. Then I threw each on a slight anyhyzer, the rocs hold the line and drop, but the Taurus will fight out and fade slightly at the end. Next, I threw a big anhyzer line with each, the Rocs hold considerably longer and then drop, while the Taurus will hold plenty long if you get a good snap on it, but it fights out of the anny, keeping it aloft a bit longer. I could see using this shot for something you would need to make a corner but then fade out, or make a corner and drop out of the air. Last, I did a full power spike hyzer, the trouble I have with my Rocs (and RocX3) is that at full power they still want to go straight too long, but when I mashed on the Taurus it held up and had a nice hyzer spike fade at the end.

Overall, I like the Taurus a lot and will be adding to my bag as my go-to stable mid. I didn't throw any forehand shots, but I suspect it can handle the torque nicely. Hope this helps those of you considering picking one up! I recommend it.

So RX on the bottom sort of implies to me that this is the RocX3 bottom wing piece with the Rancho Roc top mold piece. That would explain why it wasn't as flat a Roc3/RocX3. I'd love to try one of these out in DX/KC Pro. However, at the current rate Millennium is going, that will probably never happen, and these will probably only ever be available on their own website which will charge me sales tax and $4 per disc shipping. Man, I'm feeling salty today for some reason, but I really wish this were an Innova release instead of a Millennium release honestly.

So RX on the bottom sort of implies to me that this is the RocX3 bottom wing piece with the Rancho Roc top mold piece. That would explain why it wasn't as flat a Roc3/RocX3. I'd love to try one of these out in DX/KC Pro. However, at the current rate Millennium is going, that will probably never happen, and these will probably only ever be available on their own website which will charge me sales tax and $4 per disc shipping. Man, I'm feeling salty today for some reason, but I really wish this were an Innova release instead of a Millennium release honestly.

They're available from a bunch of sellers, from a bunch of tournaments, and for several folks on the Millennium Collectors Facebook page.

Personally I am glad it is a Millennium release. It is easier to find Millennium disc online then certain runs of Innova stuff. They number the run the disc is in. And plus Millennium is generally awesome.

They are available from other sellers too.

I am really looking forward to trying out the Taurus might put me back into cycling Rocs.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Meh, whatever. Ever since Millennium got sold to the young guy who owns it now a couple years ago (the guy who owns Hyzerbomb), it hasn't seemed quite the same. I have no idea how you could say that Innova stuff isn't 100x more available than anything Millennium releases (and generally in way more plastic options). Even if you're talking limited releases on the Innova factory store, the shipping prices there are way less stupid than the Millennium/Hyzerbomb site, and even though there can be a huge demand for new releases, they tend to keep pumping out runs on a weekly cadence until they stay in stock.

As far as the Taurus goes, I see them for $20 + shipping from Sunking discs and on Millennium's site for $17 + tax + shipping (although it doesn't appear there is any guarantee that they are actually even in stock there). Facebook groups tend to be all about gouging you on price for "collectibles" and I avoid most of them generally. I don't call that "a bunch of sellers." I see none on DGC, none on Infinite, none on eBay, none on Discnation, etc. Am I missing something?

I was thinking of McPro Aviars and Champ Rancho Rocs. Millennium has DT Omegas which are easy to find and a lot cheaper then McPros. Now the Taurus which will I am sure once it hits full production be easier to find then Champ Ranchos.

[/As far as the Taurus goes, I see first runs for $20 + free shipping from Sunking discs [/QUOTE]

Meh, whatever. Ever since Millennium got sold to the young guy who owns it now a couple years ago (the guy who owns Hyzerbomb), it hasn't seemed quite the same. I have no idea how you could say that Innova stuff isn't 100x more available than anything Millennium releases (and generally in way more plastic options). Even if you're talking limited releases on the Innova factory store, the shipping prices there are way less stupid than the Millennium/Hyzerbomb site, and even though there can be a huge demand for new releases, they tend to keep pumping out runs on a weekly cadence until they stay in stock.

As far as the Taurus goes, I see them for $20 + shipping from Sunking discs and on Millennium's site for $17 + tax + shipping (although it doesn't appear there is any guarantee that they are actually even in stock there). Facebook groups tend to be all about gouging you on price for "collectibles" and I avoid most of them generally. I don't call that "a bunch of sellers." I see none on DGC, none on Infinite, none on eBay, none on Discnation, etc. Am I missing something?

1. Matt Siri, who owns Hyzerbomb, has no interest whatsoever in Millennium. You're 100% off base.

2. Innova is in more shops. But you get what you get. Especially buying online. Millennium marks runs so you know what you're getting. As a destroyer thrower, you ought to know how convenient that is. So, finding a "certain run"? Nod goes to Millennium.

3. They're $20 shipped from numerous online sellers. How many different places have to be willing to mail them to you?

4. Jerry has tons of Millennium, at YOUR local disc golf shop. How about supporting local?

5. Are you missing something? Yes. Very much so.

I was thinking of McPro Aviars and Champ Rancho Rocs. Millennium has DT Omegas which are easy to find and a lot cheaper then McPros. Now the Taurus which will I am sure once it hits full production be easier to find then Champ Ranchos.

I have a much easier time getting new mcpro aviars than I do dt omegas in the colors I like. The mcpro plastic feels a bit better to me too.

Hopefully Ill be able to get out today and get some more throws in with mine.

1. Matt Siri, who owns Hyzerbomb, has no interest whatsoever in Millennium. You're 100% off base.

2. Innova is in more shops. But you get what you get. Especially buying online. Millennium marks runs so you know what you're getting. As a destroyer thrower, you ought to know how convenient that is. So, finding a "certain run"? Nod goes to Millennium.

3. They're $20 shipped from numerous online sellers. How many different places have to be willing to mail them to you?

4. Jerry has tons of Millennium, at YOUR local disc golf shop. How about supporting local?

5. Are you missing something? Yes. Very much so.

1. I was told this was the case, so I was misinformed. I apologize for spreading a false rumor. I think the confusion probably comes from their close partnership and the re-branding that the two companies have done with different products (like backpacks). After going through Millennium's online store and adding some discs to my cart it appears that they do not have the same tax and shipping issues that Hyzerbomb's site has either. It looks to be $6 flat rate shipping, which is fine.

4. I get to Disc Golf Depot about twice a year. It's 45 minutes away from me, so usually I have the choice of using my time to either go there and shop or actually go and play disc golf. I'd love to get there more often, but with two little kids, I just don't have a lot of time. MY local disc golf shop is PIAS Beaverton, which is close enough for me to visit during my work lunch hour, and it sadly has no Millennium.

Anyway, I see I've added nothing to the conversation about the Taurus, and I'm sorry. I'll just show myself out of this thread.

I've been throwing my buddies light blue (max weight) Taurus for the last couple weeks. We both cycle Rocs, so he let me borrow one of his two to try out. So far I think it's great. It's more overstable than a majority of Champion Rancho Rocs, not by much though. It's not Gator overstable. It still has decent glide for being as overstable as it is. I could see this being a cheap alternative to a USDGC Roc. I might have to buy one or buy this one off my buddy. It's what I wanted the RocX3 to be. It isn't flat like a RocX3, it doesn't have a huge dome either. It has the same amount of dome as I like my KC/DX Rocs to have. Overall I'd recommend it to anyone who wants an overstable Roc in premium plastic.