• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TD requirement for printed material?

Our course has a huge list of groundrules; I only discuss the trickiest ones at the meeting. If you have good enough written rules, you can dispense with them entirely in the announcements (and if I'm a player, I'll love you for it).

Exactly how it should be.

this. one thousand times this.

In my experience about 1/3 of any given field of players may as well be deaf when you are discussing hole specific rules at a player's meeting.

and another 1/3 can't hear the meeting because others won't be quiet and listen to the TD, the talkers being the same people that complain about not knowing the course specifics.

and another 1/3 can't hear the meeting because others won't be quiet and listen to the TD, the talkers being the same people that complain about not knowing the course specifics.

Actually that is seldom a problem at my events. I have a carefully crafted reputation for being unwilling to talk when players are talking and for calling them out directly when they do. Nothing pisses me off more than people who can't shut up for 15 minutes when I have put in a ton of hours getting ready to host them.

Actually that is seldom a problem at my events. I have a carefully crafted reputation for being unwilling to talk when players are talking and for calling them out directly when they do. Nothing pisses me off more than people who can't shut up for 15 minutes when I have put in a ton of hours getting ready to host them.

Maybe this belongs in the Things that make you irrationally upset thread....

I hate that players think it is OK to keep doing putting practice during the player meeting! :wall:
Go putt somewhere else if you are not going to give the TD your attention. Talking or putting during the player meeting shows complete disrespect for the TD, other players and the event.

On the other hand, TD's need to make player meetings short and sweet. It is no fun when a TD feels the need to go over the rules for each and every hole and draw the player meeting out there are written rules sheets. :doh:

TD's.....PRINT THE RULES AND DON'T READ ALL THE RULES IN THE PLAYER MEETING! briefly go over changes and highlight one or two holes/rules that may need a little extra attention. Never go full rules sheet!

you-read-the-entire-rules-sheet-at-player-meeting-never-go-full-rules-sheet.jpg

Truth.

Other local TDs benefit from John's reputation as well. We have a fairly obedient player population in our area because of it.