• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Disc Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Nikko Locastro speaking now no need to bad mouth me or any of my ideas. I will present to you the facts and thats all I want to do with this post. I stay in Winfield Missouri and my moms phone bill was $250.00 just for the land line. Her boyfriend Jesse Hamby pays 150.00 per month for ATT. My sister just got a phone for 60 per month. My brother is asking me to buy him a phone for his birthday. All together this is over 450.00 per month just in phone bills. We are all switching to Solavei this month which will save this household a good amount of money. If you want to talk about people that are taking advantage of others talk to Verizon, ATT and other phone companies. Your inquires of this and that mean very little to me personally I take no amount of disrespect because we all have our opinions. To dog me for trying something NEW that should save everybody a little money or a lot of money is beyond me. Please keep your opinions of me personally to yourself out of respect for someone that respects you. It looks like people like to talk this is just nature of the beast so its all good. Presenting you cold hard facts will hopefully put this project in perspective for you. This is by no means a get rich quick scheme or anything negative at all. If you are content with paying too much for your phone bill why trash talk someone or a service that will put money back into your pocket. I really am having a hard time understanding why people would ever talk bad about me personally. People ask how does this relate to disc golf? If you are truly passionate about growing disc golf you can take the extra money you save every month and do something positive for you local Disc Golf community. You can buy discs give them away to friends, save up a little and donate a basket to a local school like I have, work with others to create an impact...... The list goes on think outside the box and open your mind. I have heard of MLM before but have you ever ran across a service or opportunity that can help almost everybody you run into save money ? We live in a free interprise system where opportunity is endless for success. I see some of these messages above that make me think some people should spend more time practicing and less time talking ****. Please do me a favor and keep my name far away from disrespectful messages that are hiding on a message board. If you have anything to say to me or would like to discuss things I am very open for your opinion or adult conversation. 3147503800 open to talk with you anytime day or night. It is rude and disrespectful to talk bad about somebody you know nothing about. Not only am I a disc golfer but I am a family man, business man and opportunist. If you knew half of the things I have been through as a person maybe you would man up give me a call and really tell me how you feel about me instead of bashing someone that would most likely do anything in the world for you. I'm a nice guy and I show everyone I run into full respect as individuals. Please do not take offense to this just wanted to clear things up. I hope all of you have a nice day, and a profitable New Year. My number is in this post if you wanted to dis me I'm here all day every day.

The problem is not just in the sales pitch, it's in how it was presented. This was hyped up as a big presentation about growing the sport. It's not unreasonable to use your fame to make money and/or endorse a product. The top athletes in every sport do this, but be clear about what you're selling. Tiger Woods doesn't say "Help me grow the sport of golf by buying all Nike" he says "I use Nike, you should too."

By disguising this as a "grow the sport" initiative, many people feel like you're using smoke and mirrors to take their money. If you genuinely think this can help people and save them money, then just say it that way.

So... everything that helps a disc golfer save money helps grow disc golfing?

What if I already get a better deal from a reputable company?

Would you guys actually answer questions instead of saying stupid stuff and skirting the real details?

Regardless of what people have said about you, it is stupid to act as you have done if you want any chance of making money off of them.

Would you guys actually answer questions instead of saying stupid stuff and skirting the real details?
Of course they won't. The real details would show what a house of cards this outfit is.

I thought this article about them on Geekwire was interesting. Particularly the comments section.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/stealt...h-mobile-service-rewards-subscribers-signing/

I just love how these companies get their sheep to carpet bomb comment boards to make their scams seem legit. Don't be surprised if we see more of them show up here.

I had a good friend that recent got roped into an MLM scheme. I spent significant doing research and providing info to him to convince him otherwise to no avail. Once some folks are hooked in, they refuse to listen to anything remotely negative about the venture. So far, it has been a complete failure for him and he is out $1,000.

How about reducing the price of your discs? That way we'd all have more money.

Just saying.

Pyramid schemes are easy to identify, can you make money by yourself, or can you only make money by having people "sign up" under you? If you have to have people sign up under you to make money, you are in a pyramid scheme.

Obvious Oscar says "Nikko, plenty of people love you, but don't try to grow the sport by selling cell phone plans. I have a Sams Club gas card, saves me a nickel per gallon of gas, would you like to grow disc golf with me?"

Everyone makes mistakes, and yes, Solavei can save plenty of people money if they want to buy in. But don't make it out to be the greatest thing that happened in disc golf, or the deciding factor of what is going to make it "blossom" and become "relevant". That's what pissed a lot of people off.

This is Nikko Locastro speaking now no need to bad mouth me or any of my ideas. I will present to you the facts and thats all I want to do with this post. I stay in Winfield Missouri and my moms phone bill was $250.00 just for the land line. Her boyfriend Jesse Hamby pays 150.00 per month for ATT. My sister just got a phone for 60 per month. My brother is asking me to buy him a phone for his birthday. All together this is over 450.00 per month just in phone bills. We are all switching to Solavei this month which will save this household a good amount of money. If you want to talk about people that are taking advantage of others talk to Verizon, ATT and other phone companies. Your inquires of this and that mean very little to me personally I take no amount of disrespect because we all have our opinions. To dog me for trying something NEW that should save everybody a little money or a lot of money is beyond me. Please keep your opinions of me personally to yourself out of respect for someone that respects you. It looks like people like to talk this is just nature of the beast so its all good. Presenting you cold hard facts will hopefully put this project in perspective for you. This is by no means a get rich quick scheme or anything negative at all. If you are content with paying too much for your phone bill why trash talk someone or a service that will put money back into your pocket. I really am having a hard time understanding why people would ever talk bad about me personally. People ask how does this relate to disc golf? If you are truly passionate about growing disc golf you can take the extra money you save every month and do something positive for you local Disc Golf community. You can buy discs give them away to friends, save up a little and donate a basket to a local school like I have, work with others to create an impact...... The list goes on think outside the box and open your mind. I have heard of MLM before but have you ever ran across a service or opportunity that can help almost everybody you run into save money ? We live in a free interprise system where opportunity is endless for success. I see some of these messages above that make me think some people should spend more time practicing and less time talking ****. Please do me a favor and keep my name far away from disrespectful messages that are hiding on a message board. If you have anything to say to me or would like to discuss things I am very open for your opinion or adult conversation. 3147503800 open to talk with you anytime day or night. It is rude and disrespectful to talk bad about somebody you know nothing about. Not only am I a disc golfer but I am a family man, business man and opportunist. If you knew half of the things I have been through as a person maybe you would man up give me a call and really tell me how you feel about me instead of bashing someone that would most likely do anything in the world for you. I'm a nice guy and I show everyone I run into full respect as individuals. Please do not take offense to this just wanted to clear things up. I hope all of you have a nice day, and a profitable New Year. My number is in this post if you wanted to dis me I'm here all day every day.

When someone is in the spotlight, there will always be someone with something bad to say, especially on an internet forum. You cannot take these things personally. You also cannot take things personally and then say that you are not. Look at the username you created. You contradicted yourself in this post and although you tried to make it somewhat professional, it wasn't. Do I respect what you are trying to do for the game? Yes, I do and I think alot of others do to. I think you just went about this whole thing wrong.

. Do I respect what you are trying to do for the game? Yes, I do and I think alot of others do to. .

No.

That is the whole point...nothing is being done for the game. That was just the sales pitch.

"Hey guys, we can't get disc golf sponsors so instead lets all join a pyramid scheme and with all our newfound wealth you can buy a lot of discs and the sport will grow because of it. Just sign up through my webpage so you can be sure that I am getting kickbacks off of you and all the people that you sign up."
:wall:

Anyone can save a couple of bucks on anything, almost everyday. Use the coupons in the newspaper to save money when you go to McD's, then take the savings and set it aside . . . most likely its not going to happen. If people save money in one place . . .they spend it somewhere else, either you prioritize disc golf volunteerism or course improvements projects or you don't. Saving $10 a month on a phone bill will only lead to them spending $10 more a month elsewhere, it is simply the state of so many people and money in America. If everyone was smart they would find a way to save those "savings" for retirement or long term disability or unemployment . . . but most people do not. They just go right back to their own natural tendencies.

I own a landscape company and I have donated my time to help improve things at a few courses. Could I have made more money elsewhere doing other things with my donated time . . . yes . . . but I prioritized those small projects instead of doing other work for pay. Now I own a disc golf company focussing on design/installation of courses and fun and unique leagues and tourneys. I will be sure to continue to volunteer my time and energy even though in the end all my time could be spent elsewhere making money . . . why . . . because I love disc golf and want to improve our courses and show people the game does not always have to be about competition, it should start with fun first.

I wish everyone luck if they decide to get involved, it is simply not for me. If it proves to be super successful we will see, but in the end it doesn't seem to me to really have any real connection to disc golfers . . . except that as a whole disc golfers are a massive network of people because we share that one thing in common.

I have one question . . . this company has raised $7 million and plans to raise $7 million more . . . what has this been spent on right now, just agreements with T Mobile? I know I wouldn't give my money to a company that hasn't provided me with anything. I am trusting, but I need proof of what will be provided before I will hand it out.

I know I use social media to get my name out to the general public and disc golfers around the country . . . why . . . because I want people to see what I am doing and where my passion lies in this game. I sell products yes . . . and I use profits to help grow the game. Making money selling discs helps me spend time investing in communication with parks departments and school districts and private entities. Supporting me will help me grow my company and continue to allow me to still volunteer from time to time.

Supporting Solavei may save you money, but it doesn't necessarily support disc golf, unless you re-prioritize your finances when you actually have a savings. My skepticism is that people will continue to do the same thing with their own money, saving $10 on the phone bill will not translate to disc golf. In an ideal world I would agree with Nikko, but think of how many other ways people could have saved money in their lives. Did they put those savings right back into disc golf? You tell me.

Again, no disrespect intended, these are all just my opinions. My opinion of Nikko has not changed, I love his passion and hope it can be put to good use. We need people like him to help advance the sport, I am just not sold on Solavei being that answer. Prodigy, however, has a real potential to alter the image of the game, but more-so from a top level pros perspective, because it will have the potential to give a certain number of people a real chance to make a living playing disc golf.

I am interested to see their products and see if there is truly anything revolutionary, or if it is just another plastic molding company. Truly look at all of the discs out there . . . how many are really all that different between manufacturers? How many are unique? How many just have a different hot stamp on top?

However, the game cannot grow just on the top pros making some extra money to have more sustainable touring. The sport needs to help others make money too, Tournament directors, league directors, course designers, installation companies, course maintenance (hiring out the maintenance of our courses to professionals). If this doesn't happen too, the game will be lopsided. We all need to work together, the top level pros, the local pros, the league directors and tournament directors, the PDGA, the casual players too. Everyone has a role in this game, it is not just one entity that needs to grow, we all do.

I am going to do my part to help improve the sustainability of our courses through good safe proper design using my 20 years of property maintenance (including golf courses, country clubs, and home lawns and landscapes). I am sure I can solve potential problems on our courses before they happen with good design and proper installation techniques.

What skills do you have that disc golf course benefit from? Do you do welding? Then offer some help to fix damaged or broken baskets. Do you do concrete work? Then find a way to connect a course designer/installer with your concrete company, perhaps even offer up the wasted concrete that comes back every day by putting it into 5 gallon buckets and a new sleeve so that your local course could add a few alternate basket locations. Do you work in a lumber yard? The offer to provide some scrap lumber to a local course for new tee-signs? Do you work for a tree company? Well, maybe you could have a load of the chippings from tree removal brought to a local course to help cover up the bare areas around baskets and tees?

Think about your own strengths and offer those things up to the disc golf community. You know who your local leaders are, so make it happen. I have had so many offers from people in the last few months since I started my company. people want to be involved and helpful, so let them help in the way they are best suited.

It's okay if you guys don't want to get involved in something that it's not for you. Good to see some of you guys got some education out of MLM business from me. I'm sure few of your spouses here are involved in Avon business, am I right?

Nikko isn't kind of person that he try to take advantage of their fans for lure them into this business. He, by himself, believes in this business and he just want to show it to the people out there. He's the ambassador who go out there and promote the disc golf sports to kids in high school and such, just unlike the bunch of you guys here who have nothing better to do, just sit down and stare at the computer screen trying to find something to bash at. We all know it means that your life is miserable. You wouldn't be here to bash on if you are happy with your life. =)

Just don't forget that Nikko did really lot of good things that brought to disc golf sports.

Just read this success quote, best example. "A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him." - David Brinkley

As a friend....I am sad to see him choose this path. I need to come up with something better for him to pursue.

Still cannot figure out what this is looks like a scam if you ask me.

Tough to say for sure what they actually have up their sleeve, but generally it would go something like this:

Person 1 starts company

Person 1 makes money off of Person 2 and 3 that he signs up

Person 2 and 3 make money off of Person 4 and 5 that they sign up, and Person 1 continues to make money off of all of the above.

This continues at a rapid pace to start, but eventually becomes an unsustainable model and collapses and the business goes under. In the meantime, Person 1 has become rich by leeching off of everyone beneath him. Other people who got in early also make money, but very few of them actually do. These people become examples of "what you can do if you work hard enough" as Person 25000. Unfortunately, because the model has crashed, Person 25000 is now left in the dust and has made no money and has destroyed relationships with friends and family.

Tough to say for sure what they actually have up their sleeve, but generally it would go something like this:

Person 1 starts company

Person 1 makes money off of Person 2 and 3 that he signs up

Person 2 and 3 make money off of Person 4 and 5 that they sign up, and Person 1 continues to make money off of all of the above.

This continues at a rapid pace to start, but eventually becomes an unsustainable model and collapses and the business goes under. In the meantime, Person 1 has become rich by leeching off of everyone beneath him. Other people who got in early also make money, but very few of them actually do. These people become examples of "what you can do if you work hard enough" as Person 25000. Unfortunately, because the model has crashed, Person 25000 is now left in the dust and has made no money and has destroyed relationships with friends and family.

in a pyramid, yes. all pyramids are MLM but not all MLM's are pyramids.

the difference is if they are (actively) selling a product. in this case, an all inclusive $50 cell plan is pretty good and they are piggybacking off TMobile so it's looks legit on the surface.

Yea deff a scam. Ill stick to at&t what will disc golf do next? Im going to start selling honey hams with a disc golf basket branded in!

I got a 30% off a pair of skis. Imma take that grow disc golf!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts