• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

teebird complement?

thugjitsu

Double Eagle Member
So im looking for something with a hard fade than a teebird but just as straight. The eagle has a bit too much turn before it fades hard and the banshee was uncomfotable. Im not brand loyal so I was thinking like a tracker? A firebird sounds intruiging but if I can I would want something slower.

EXP 1

edit: it sounds like the Banshee should be what you are looking for and is really a slower Firebird

what was uncomfortable about it

if you go with the Millennium EXP 1 it will be essentially a Banshee (some might say Banshee L but I don't know that I agree with that) the difference however is that it is essentially Pro plastic so you can get a bit better glide, a straigher flight without turn and a solid fade

or you can get fancy and search out 1.6 and 1.7 runs which are CE blend and super beefy

Last edited:
It just seemed the rim dug into my hand more than I liked, not so much uncomfortable where it hurt much it made my release a bit sloppy sometime. Of the top what would a 1.6 run of the exp1 cost?

i'd say try a star starfire. i know you don't want to go up in speed, but it's the only thing i've found that fits what you want. it's straight with a heavy fade. the banshee/xp1 will start the fade sooner and probably end up being considerably shorter discs than the teebird. same with the firebirds i've thrown, admittedly all the FB's have been flat and mega o/s, i hear the domey FBs might be straighter?

most important to me, i can throw the starfire the same way i would throw my teebird and expect the same flight with more fade.

SPD or CPD...They are slightly faster than a TB, just about as straight, with a harder fade. They do have a touch more high speed turn than a TB, but a good S or CPD won't really show any turn unless you are pushing them close to 400'(and even then they don't turn much).

What kind of TB are you throwing? (DX, Champ, Star). The best answer might be a more stable TB.

SPD is discmania right? Im throwing max weight star teebirds. Its not like they are turning and burning but when the winds starts to blow they get a bit squirrely. They are kinda domey so mabye a flatter one might do the trick?

I would say try looking into finding some 9X, 10X Teebirds. I also agree with ManU...the EXP1 1.7 that I have is unbelievable and very beefy...I could not turn it over and neither could gripenemysy2k and he throws further and with more snap than I do. The thing was straight as an arrow and tons of fade.

Definitely sounds like a Banshee to me... Weird that it's uncomfortable, they feel similar in my hands, not identical, but really close. If those really don't work, then try a flat max weight champ Teebird.

SPD is discmania right? Im throwing max weight star teebirds. Its not like they are turning and burning but when the winds starts to blow they get a bit squirrely. They are kinda domey so mabye a flatter one might do the trick?

now this changes everything. cause star teebirds aren't very beefy at all in my experience, just very straight. you should try a champion teebird+ first, they're definitely a tick or two more overstable

then if you still want more beef go on up to the PD or starfire

Go with max weight S-PD this is what I use with a teebird and use the PD for hyzers and into strong headwinds.

Some people sure make some wild off the wall suggestions, and then we run into the people just throwing out OS Drivers of similar speed. Worst suggestions are the ones telling you to search for the more rare and expensive TeeBirds.

I have never thrown a Star TeeBird, but I like Champs, only ones I've thrown. If you like the TeeBird and want to stay in that speed range, first thing I would try is a heavy Champ TeeBird+. It's about all I typically need in the wind.

If you want slow(ish), straight flight, and controllable, consistent, fade, try a Hornet. They are a little fast for a mid, but are easy to push out beyond 300ft, and just fly straight until it's time for a nice, 90degree fade. I don't know what it is about them, but they're easy to throw straight, but pretty hard to turn over without a strong anhyzer release.

If you want slow(ish), straight flight, and controllable, consistent, fade, try a Hornet. They are a little fast for a mid, but are easy to push out beyond 300ft, and just fly straight until it's time for a nice, 90degree fade. I don't know what it is about them, but they're easy to throw straight, but pretty hard to turn over without a strong anhyzer release.

I actually just got rid of my hornets, they were a bit slow . Anywho I ordered an exp1, a pd, and a champ tb plus. We'll see what works out. Thanks bromigos

Whoever purchased the Champion TeeBird plus from eBay before I could do a buy it now, I am a little upset. It is my fault though. I am looking for Day Glow discs and that TeeBird was the closest thing. I could careless that it had a CFR stamp on it, I was likely going to acetone it off anyway. It was a 168, which is right in the weight range I was looking for. I ended up settling for the almost Day Glow stock stamped 175g. I hope it is not too heavy. I have a perfect combo of Star TeeBirds, 175 and a 165, but they are white and not very winter friendly.