• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] teerex

mickas

Eagle Member
So, i can throw a teebird and predator about 350 and the surge that i have been using for anything over 350, it has gotten very beaten and flippy so i cant ever tell what its going to do. i am looking for a disc i can push out further than my teebirds and predators that will be consistent in any wind etc. the holes i will use it on will be open so im not restricted on space to let it hyzer. is the teerex my disc?

Could be. What plastic/weight is your Surge? You might want to try a maxed out Z Surge before you have to go and learn a new mold like the TeeRex.

If you liked how those surges flew, go get a new one and you'll already know how it flies. When it gets beat up, get another one. I've had better luck doing this than changing molds every time a disc gets really beat.

If you liked how those surges flew, go get a new one and you'll already know how it flies. When it gets beat up, get another one. I've had better luck doing this than changing molds every time a disc gets really beat.

Some words of wisdom...

try a new star katana, they fly REALLY far, haha! it's the only disc I can get to fly over 350, and it loves hyzers.

well i liked how the surge flies but i would prefer something with less hss, so when i go for max d in headwinds, etc. i dont have to worry, i guess what im asking is if i wanted to try another max d driver with less hss would the teerex be the disc to try?

I believe the surge is pretty comparable to the wraith, and if so the teerex will fill that spot pretty well. compared to the wraith the teerex is a nice headwind driver that feels very similar, and it's more flip resistant with almost as much distance for me.

well i liked how the surge flies but i would prefer something with less hss, so when i go for max d in headwinds, etc. i dont have to worry, i guess what im asking is if i wanted to try another max d driver with less hss would the teerex be the disc to try?

You mean you want a disc that won't flip in the wind as much? That would be MORE HSS. Well yeah a Teerex would to that, as well as most Max weight discs. The heavier the disc the less the wind will effect it. Have you thought about a Force? It would be comparable in stability to a Trex and be a little faster with more glide.

Great thread! I just bought a TeeRex 2 days ago and love it! 171 Star, I have also a champ katana and wraith and Max.

The TeeRex fills a nice gap, quite stable and less likely to flip over than the wraith (i love my wraith). Teerex is an Awesome disc! Big hyzers, FH, head wind..

Last edited:
i have two surges, both 170 ND esps, both beat in to flippy, unpredictable, p.o.s.

Try it in Z plastic at the same weight, and unless these are totally shot, keep one in the bag as a turnover/tailwind/hyzer flip driver. Having the same mold in stages of wear can be a good thing.

what is your max d for the Surge?

Great advice!!!!!!! Never change molds!!!! Just weight!!!!!!!

I use my starfire!!!!!!

sorry about the less hss, i meant more hss, im doing this from a phone so i loose track of what i say, and yes i have tried the force, and yes i liked it but it was too fast for me, i thought the teerex would be a small step down with similar flight characteristics.

Try an Opto Halo. They are fast and good in headwinds and tailwinds. They do require a bit of hyzer for headwinds, but the speed cuts through them well. No matter how you look at it, if you want to use one distance mold it is putting the responsibility on you to learn how to throw it in different conditions. The real overstable molds like Forces/Xcals are hard to get a distance line out of in no wind/tailwind situations.

I would say either a heavy Z surge (unless that is what you are already throwing) or try a Pulse. Pulse is supposed to be pretty much the same disc as a Surge, except it is more overstable. On Joe's flight chart it has the same rating as the Teerex , except it requires a 5 for power instead of a 6.

I would say either a heavy Z surge (unless that is what you are already throwing) or try a Pulse. Pulse is supposed to be pretty much the same disc as a Surge, except it is more overstable. On Joe's flight chart it has the same rating as the Teerex , except it requires a 5 for power instead of a 6.

I've thrown Pulses. While the above is very logical advice, unfortunately the results I've experienced just didn't work out that way. First of all, the Pulse is incredibly variable in terms of stability. Some are overstable as anything, others are flippier than your average Surge. Secondly, they fly in the fairway driver distance range. Seriously, the ones I had didn't go any further than an Avenger, regardless of stability.

Latest posts