• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

As for who does well at BG, in the Advanced division my fantasy picks would include Daniel Allgeier, Scott Vaughn, Chad Nelson, Mark Huether and maybe one of the guys from Dayton.

Daniel Allgeier (LTdan914) is very underrated. His rating is going to catch up to him with a big jump in one of the next few ratings updates imo. He has a versatile forehand and backhand game and can putt well. His (relative) lack of tournament experience may be the only thing that could hold him back.

Scott Vaughn (Atlscott) is a great Atlanta guy (now Charlotte) who can really get on fire and hit some long jump putts. He is definitely one of the best upshot throwers in the Am field and plays smart golf. He has some great tournament experience and has been playing now in the open field in tournaments which should only help his mental game. The only things that might challenge him are his forehand game which is still improving, his blood sugar levels which he has gotten better about managing and his lack of course knowledge (has not seen the BG Tech course).

Chad Nelson has some really good big tournament experience and some of the best D in the advanced field. He has improved his accuracy a lot in the last couple years and should be challenging for the year's biggest AM tourneys (if not moving to pro). He knows the courses and should be able to attack holes than most other advanced players cannot. If he can avoid bogeys on the tighter holes and can stay consistent with the rest of his game once off the tee he should be right in the mix.

Mark Huether (1978) gets some of the best results with some of the least amount of time to play and his ever-increasing rating shows this. He has a great job and a cool girlfriend (whose son he helps out with a bunch). He has improved his distance recently and his accuracy with both forehands and backhands are peerless. The only things that might distract him are the family (if they come) and having to learn the courses (which he has not seen).

Adrian Morales is my pick from the Dayton area. He has proven that he is one of the best AMs from one of the great disc golf areas of the country and can bomb with the best of the advanced division. He has some of the best highs but his lows can be painful. The lows seem to be farther and farther apart lately and the highs should have the rest of the advanced field worried. He may finish the week uncontested.

Last edited:
Adrian Morales is my pick from the Dayton area. He has proven that he is one of the best AMs from one of the great disc golf areas of the country and can bomb with the best of the advanced division. He has some of the best highs but his lows can be painful. The lows seem to be farther and farther apart lately and the highs should have the rest of the advanced field worried. He may finish the week uncontested.

Morales huh? I mean, I'm from Dayton and I've never heard of him. Looking at last years results he must be decent since he was able to beat you. . .

Oh, come on. At least tell the truth. How many strokes did he beat you by the last time you played Indian Riffle together?

Oh you mean THAT morales. The current Ohio Amateur Champion. Its been a few days since we've played together. I think he's still licking his wounds from the last time we played at Sycamore Trails. . . and Fisher.

Pro Clinics

HB- Last year Barry Shultz did a pro clinic any thing like that happening again this year

Ratings in PLAY!

As the ratings have been posted prior to registration closing, I will be using the CURRENT ratings to determine eligability.

If you have cashed in the past you are going to be bumped to where the pros playing am ratings showes.

All other amaterus will be bumped to where the ratings put you.
I will send an e-mail to any I move.

If any player has any question just e-mail the td (yes, even to rat on some one as it takes alot of time to check the cash taking players).

If you self identify please e-mail me your new division preferance.

..... If you where a 940 and had to register for advanced and now you are a 920. You can move to INT?
Just wanting to make sure....

May have already been answered, so forgive me for asking again, but are A and B pools going to be playing as fivesomes? Just trying to gauge cutoff for the pools.

As the ratings have been posted prior to registration closing, I will be using the CURRENT ratings to determine eligability.

If you have cashed in the past you are going to be bumped to where the pros playing am ratings showes.

All other amaterus will be bumped to where the ratings put you.
I will send an e-mail to any I move.

If any player has any question just e-mail the td (yes, even to rat on some one as it takes alot of time to check the cash taking players).

If you self identify please e-mail me your new division preferance.

But there is a difference between pros playing am and a person who cashed in pro but submitted paperwork to the PDGA and got there Am Status back.

But there is a difference between pros playing am and a person who cashed in pro but submitted paperwork to the PDGA and got there Am Status back.

It's up to the player to show proof and explain the situation. You can't expect HB to keep track of 600+ players pro/am status.

It's up to the player to show proof and explain the situation. You can't expect HB to keep track of 600+ players pro/am status.

Well if you must know if whoever is looking up the info every player stat page has a status that has either an A for Am or P for Pro. In order to see how much someone has cashed you see this page. So dont answer something that you have no clue about.

Well if you must know if whoever is looking up the info every player stat page has a status that has either an A for Am or P for Pro. In order to see how much someone has cashed you see this page. So dont answer something that you have no clue about.

Well if you must know, we landed on the moon in 1969.

I'm completely aware of how the stat page works.
You still cannot go expect someone through 600 stat pages and verify each player's status, brah.

I'm completely aware of how the stat page works.
You still cannot go expect someone through 600 stat pages and verify each player's status, brah.

Don't have to go through 600, Only those over 970 and Adv Masters over 935, etc...

Looks like those in question have all been changed but one and that's between him and HB.

Latest posts