• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2012 Amateur Championships at Bowling Green

Just curious. One of the guys I am traveling with has moved up a division because he is 3 points above the cutoff yet Brett Rice is now rated 960 and is still listed as intermediate. I know there has been talk about him earlier in this thread and that he basically asked within the thread to move up but nothing has changed. I am just curious if there is a reason for this. Either way I am always out to have fun and just play the best round I am capable of so it really makes no difference to me but thought that it seemed unfair as there are divisions and ratings for a reason. Even though I am rated 934 and have been playing advanced most of the time lately I have never played any of the courses and feel that I am not bagging quite as much as many and am still playing within my division. I also have never won a tourney in either intermediate or advanced so I don't feel as though as I am bagging as much as many may be. I bring on any and all competition but what is the point of ratings if this is allowed to happen and the ratings update is going to be in effect now? I do not mean to call you out Brett so please don't take this personally as I never intend to call anyone out for bagging or whatever anyone wants to call it.

There are 600 people refistered, that's a lot of stuff to keep track of, I'm sure everyone will end up in the right division by the time the tourney starts.

best places to eat and party? ill also pay sober people in plastic to take me downtown and pick me up at night! ill be at the home towne suites

best places to eat and party? ill also pay sober people in plastic to take me downtown and pick me up at night! ill be at the home towne suites

I may be able to help you out - I'm staying at home town suites too and am already serving as DD for the two youngsters staying with me. Just depends on where you want to go and where they are going. PM me if you want my contact info...

I may be able to help you out - I'm staying at home town suites too and am already serving as DD for the two youngsters staying with me. Just depends on where you want to go and where they are going. PM me if you want my contact info...

The party is at the home town suites.

T-Minus 30 hours until me and my buddy leave from Warren, OH on our way to BG! We're set to arrive between 5-6am to get a quick morning round or two in before check in and a good nap :)

If you were referring to me, my rating has been fixed by the PDGA and I obviously qualify for Rec at 863

No, Not you and other guy may have also been taken care of. I know it can be a mess dealing with ratings changes this close to a big event but HB & Co. seem to have dealt with the issues well.

Latest posts