• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Cubic Zirconia Club

Good morning. Happy new year.

Congratulations to @HyooMac on his promotion to Diamond!!! 💎

The CZ Club shrinks to 23.

@Chained Evil starts a second return as... President? King? Guess he'll get to decide.
Thank you, former subjects. It was a brief reign as your King, but immensely productive. All the public projects that got quashed, and all the monies that got redirected to my personal charities.

But now I leave you to join as the first Diamond of 2024. I believe there's a lot of toilet cleaning and other hazing to be engaged in (probably some caddying, too).

- Hugh

The Cubic Zirconia Club - 2023 Year In Review

Good morning, Happy New Year. This year was fun making up a goofy club for the in-between of Gold and Diamond. Here's some stats:

Four CZs were promoted to Diamond:
@KenanFlagler01
@Cerealman
@HyooMac
@Innovadude was demoted by the new vote score rules, then quickly re-promoted to Diamond (maybe they're the cult), but we will always remember him as one of ours, however brief.

There have been 27 members thus far, here we are sorted by number of reviews posted in 2023, and the current number of unique voters for each (as of this morning, wink wink):
@PastorofMuppets -
108 (81 uniques)
@EspressoPatronum -
85 (181 uniques)
@HyooMac -
79 (250 uniques)
@DFrah - 77 (160 uniques)
@aclay - 65 (156 uniques)
@Moose33 - 55 (224 uniques)
@Surge5 - 43 (141 uniques)
@Cerealman - 42 (262 uniques)
@Ryal - 35 (179 uniques)
@knobby325 - 33 (134 uniques)
@dndelli - 31 (136 uniques)
@adlacro - 30 (222 uniques)
@Pevio - 29 (101 uniques)
@Shadrach3 - 25 (204 uniques)
@DiscinOhio - 22 (208 uniques)
@DumfriesLizzie - 20 (116 uniques)
@pmay5 - 16 (208 uniques)
@Monocacy - 16 (130 uniques)
@Chained Evil - 11 (242 uniques)
@Tyler V - 8 (157 uniques, and a ton of numbers work)
@lee76007 - 4 (101 uniques)
@davetherocketguy - 3 (191 uniques)
@blake833 - 2 (215 uniques)
@KenanFlagler01 - 1 (251 uniques)
@Innovadude - 0 (372 uniques)
@Dave242 - 0 (360 uniques)
@ZMan44 - 0 (276 uniques)

That's 840 reviews between us, accounting for 59.57% of all the site's 2023 reviews.

I'm curious how many aces we got between us. I only had one this year, down from four in '22.

Finally, a rest in peace to @BillFleming, a very active forum user who went to bag that 5.0 in the sky back on the 5th.

Looking forward to new data, new courses, and loads of new CZs (and diamond ascensions) in 2024. I'm sure this will have a new look when I do it next year. Happy New Year to all!

-Surge5
Avi.

Last edited:
Answering your question, I have a whopping two aces. Both at one of my home courses, Tradewinds Park just outside of Ft Lauderdale.

Going to have to hit the lottery if I want to travel and get that 250th unique...or I can just stay here if you want lol...

The Cubic Zirconia Club - 2023 Year In Review

Good morning, Happy New Year. This year was fun making up a goofy club for the in-between of Gold and Diamond. Here's some stats:

Pretty sure I have upvoted all fellow CZ's at least once, but if anyone lacks a unique from me, let me know!

I'm curious how many aces we got between us. I only had one this year, down from four in '22.

I had 5 this year, but most were glorified jump-putts. :rolleyes:

Tee to basket in one is an ace, unless it's specifically called a tiki or putter course.

My first ace was 87'.

Tee to basket in one is an ace, unless it's specifically called a tiki or putter course.

My first ace was 87'.

Agreed. I did not count aces at Rolling Hills - Putting Labyrinth, where holes averaged around 30 feet. 🙄

davetherocketguy and superberry need to come join us soon.
I suppose I could write some reviews!!! I still use the site constantly. I must have played 100 new courses since my last review. I just don't do reviews, and still contend...UDISC RATINGS SUCK COMPARED TO DGCR!

BTW, Langley Pond in SC was easily one of my favorite courses since last review. Only thing missing was really big elevation!

I suppose I could write some reviews!!! I still use the site constantly. I must have played 100 new courses since my last review. I just don't do reviews, and still contend...UDISC RATINGS SUCK COMPARED TO DGCR!

BTW, Langley Pond in SC was easily one of my favorite courses since last review. Only thing missing was really big elevation!
I'd love to see more reviews from you. You have the uniques for diamond, but your vote score would mean you'd be a CZ member for about 132 upvotes worth of reviews. We'd love to have you in the club though!

I'd love to see more reviews from you. You have the uniques for diamond, but your vote score would mean you'd be a CZ member for about 132 upvotes worth of reviews. We'd love to have you in the club though!
OMG it HAS been a long time. I even lived in Charlotte for 2017-2018!!! Maybe I'll get after it again...as an engineer I gotta create a template or something though to make my reviews more consistent and easier to crank out rather than narratives. Here are some on the way...

Bradford Park, Huntersville (my former home course, I owe it my first new review)
now in not much particular order...
Stumpy
Nevin
Fort Hamby
Rollin Pines
Hornets Nest
Reedy Creek
Scrapyard
the Beavers
Renny
Eastway
Kilbourne
Winget
USDGC
RL Smith
Squirrel Lake
Bailey Road
Robbins
Bracketts Bluff
Creekside
Dry Creek
Frank Liske
Glenn C Hilton
The Bear
Sawmills
Sam Brown
Pipeline
Tyger River

Pittsboro
Foxchase
Goose Landing
Archdale
Asheboro
Apex
Highland Brewing

Harmon Hills
Warriors Path
The Claytons
Rockness Monster
Diavolo
Goliath
Mayflower Hills
Independence Park
Falling Creek

The Admiral
Parc de Families

Hidden Ridge

Endicott
Sioux Passage

Pattee Canyon
Blue Mountain
Diamond X
Spring Lake

Austin Ridge Bible
Circle C
East Metro
Lake Travis
MetCenter
Old Settler
Guerrero

Black Diamond
Brakewell
Prompton

Moon Shadow Ridge!!!

UGH!!!!!!

Can I just link to this in my reviews? I just found this spreadsheet I haven't updated since 2014, but would use similarly. Basically, I wish I could paste tables/cells into the DGCR review system

Can I just link to this in my reviews? I just found this spreadsheet I haven't updated since 2014, but would use similarly. Basically, I wish I could paste tables/cells into the DGCR review system

I would read that review, but I doubt you can copy-paste cells. Maybe the contents of each cell? Or perhaps re-create the template in Word?

I use a simple template in Word that makes it easy to copy-paste text into the appropriate boxes. But your template is waaaaay more detailed than my usual loosey-goosey reviews.

It looks like cells do copy and paste at least in forums, though I haven't played around with posting anything with cells.

Maybe copy the info within the cell you want, and paste that? Might take a little more time, but that way only the info in the cells you want is included.

Holy perkele...

I'd be happy to type up a template for you if you want. Could just be copy/pasted into the "Other Thoughts" section to justify your score.

Holy perkele...

I'd be happy to type up a template for you if you want. Could just be copy/pasted into the "Other Thoughts" section to justify your score.
How about posting links to this page in each of the three sections (Pros Cons Other Thoughts), and maybe a bit more in the Other Thoughts section?

Latest posts