• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

So while browsing DGV today I saw that they have two new things:

A lightweight Star Destroyer (150-159):

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=457

and a R pro teebird +

https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=463

Anyone throw either of these yet or got one? I'm interested in knowing how stable/not stable the lightweight star destroyers are especially.

those are new (the destroyers)
they had some that were white and I almost ordered but didn't and they sold out
these new ones being orange are nice
I might not want to wait this time.

Edit: I didn't wait
just ordered 2

ZJ PMed to let me know that's Zam's stamp which cements the fact I will have to order one of the destroyers and a couple of the r-pro XDs.

Got one of the Asia Open C-DD2s. I have to say, the material is really subpar for a CFR disc...

The light weight star destroyers are more than likely from the same run that was for the Japan Open. I have a Japan Open star destroyer (159g) and found it to be very overstable.

ETA: I just read that they were in fact from the same run. So, in my experience they are most likely uber stable.

uber stable for a 159 disc
or uber stable in general terms as compared to other Destroyers?

I assume they have been stabilized
what does the marking on the back say?

seeing as you have the JO destroyer how does it fly (and don't say uber stable :) )

I had a couple of the JO star destroyers (159g) earlier this year and they were super flat topped and crazy stable. Glideless meathooks actually. First throw I was like "wtf?" Was only throwing reg pro destroyers at the time about 370, for reference.

shazbot
looks like I'm going to have to do some tuning
maybe I can add a bit of dome with hot water

ah well
one will make a nice wall hanger

Latest posts