• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

Picked up a XG Boss today. Interested to throw it at least a few times, never really thrown a boss before. If I don't like it, it will go up on the wall :)

johnc99 said:
ManU said:
You have to ask at DGV very nicely :)

Oh man! I'd really like one of those. What weights are they?

the stars appear to be 157-159
both my champs are 159

I am about 1 hour away from getting in my first throws with the champ
the stars are nice

welllllllll
the bubble champ ultra light asia open destroyers are NOT stable

in fact they are flippy

I may not have the best form and I may have OAT but I'm pretty sure that I released mostly flat and these things went right (rhbh)

I threw a big sky anhyzer on a hole and it went a long way and I'm pretty certain that it held the anhyzer the whole way

useful in combination with the star but nothing like the star

Mr. Plow if you are looking for an ultra long distance tail wind driver it is likely the this disc

ManU said:
welllllllll
the bubble champ ultra light asia open destroyers are NOT stable

in fact they are flippy

I may not have the best form and I may have OAT but I'm pretty sure that I released mostly flat and these things went right (rhbh)

I threw a big sky anhyzer on a hole and it went a long way and I'm pretty certain that it held the anhyzer the whole way

useful in combination with the star but nothing like the star

Mr. Plow if you are looking for an ultra long distance tail wind driver it is likely the this disc
I was about to PM you and ask about their flight, so this is good to know. I was thinking I'd order a couple, but given the fact they're understable I may just get one and see if I like it. I don't like getting discs that are understable out of the box because once they beat in they're not as useful any more. Thanks for the info!

BTW, I've thrown that "Super Stable" Lightweight Star Destroyer from Hero quite a bit more, and it's VERY beefy. I've been bombing a few of my glidier newish Pro Destroyers further than anything else lately, and this disc won't even come close to touching that kind of distance. I have a tendency to release a DS with just a touch of anny and usually it will straighten out, and if you do that with this disc it will hold that hyzer all the way to the ground. It does get some monster skips though. I'm going to continue to field throw it until it's a little more broken in and then probably put it in my bag.

ManU said:
welllllllll the bubble champ ultra light asia open destroyers are NOT stable

Sounds nice actually. Might be great for some nasty hyzer-flip distance throws. I'll buy one off of ya if you don't want it anymore. PM me if interested, thanks!

For the record, the Katana's I got with this stamp were top notch. They just looked like they were molded perfectly.

the purple ones Jeronimo? those looked pretty sexy, i hate katanas, but almost ordered some of those

Roc Lover said:
the purple ones Jeronimo? those looked pretty sexy, i hate katanas, but almost ordered some of those

I got a Pearly blue champ Katana and a Black star Katana. The domes are just perfect, this is probably the best mold of the Katana I've seen to date.

booter said:
i believe disc junkie got one. hasnt told me what he thought about it yet though

I did get one, however I have yet to throw it. I would tend to agree with FrankD though as he is the Eagle maestro. As a side note the new run EagleX with the ratings on the stamp are super dooper. Very opaque, extremely grippy and nicely domed up, such sweet fliers.

marmoset said:
Nicer than the Star EX?

I enjoy the new champ eaglex much more than the star. Better grip and more dome which equals a lil more glide. Plus I like the way they break in better.

johnc99 said:
ManU said:
welllllllll the bubble champ ultra light asia open destroyers are NOT stable

Sounds nice actually. Might be great for some nasty hyzer-flip distance throws. I'll buy one off of ya if you don't want it anymore. PM me if interested, thanks!
I finally got mine, and had a chance to throw them a couple days ago. I was field throwing and only had the chance to get in 2 throws before dark, but they seemed a little more stable than I expected (though still "understable"). I put the first throw on a pretty decent hyzer and it flipped up some but not to flat, and then faded pretty hard at the end. Second throw I released on a very slight hyzer, and it was nearly dark so I couldn't see the entire flight path... but I found it on the ground almost straight in front of me so it had to have hyzer flipped. So I'm thinking these are maybe in the Valk stability range? If this is the case I'm stoked, I was expecting more of a Roadrunner like flight. The weather's too crappy here to do any more field throwing, but as soon as the rain stops I'm going to go out and throw them some more.