• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Golf Gods giveth... and the Disc Golf Gods, they taketh away...

So today I was playing at Erin Go Bragh in Thompson, WI and I played the game of my life. I hit metal on two of the holes from the tee, and was getting birdies left and right... it was awesome... THEN I lost not 1, not 2, no... I lost 3 DISCS!!! 3 DISCS!!! I lost a brand new DX Archangel, a brand new I-Dyed Champion Sidewinder, and a semi-used but still in great condition Pro Beast... I couldn't be more bummed right now...:( Has this happened to you?

I've found a nice niche right in between those extremes.

Don't have a lot of great games, don't lose many discs.

Not sure how I feel about this middle ground though...

i have a hard time when i happen to lose 1 disc never mind 3. i feel for you man, i really do.

i played a tournament recently where i watched a player on my card have a complete meltdown. First hole that played next to the lake, the guy throws in the water. #1 lost. The very next hole plays near the water and he goes in again. #2 lost.

When the course loops back near the water I drove first on the card and threw directly into the water. I guess I jinxed the guy again because he threw lost disc #3, 4, and 5 into the lake on that ONE hole. in the spirit of kicking somebody when they're down, somebody on my card corrected the poor guy when he reported a 9 instead of a 10!

I didn't feel as bad about chunking one into the water that day.:(

pull a happy gilmore: dive in after it, search the bottom (covered in discs) find and retrieve only yours, and stand up victoriously while the crowd cheers for you.

hey, discs are alot more expensive than golf balls, so that might actually be worth it.

pull a happy gilmore: dive in after it, search the bottom (covered in discs) find and retrieve only yours, and stand up victoriously while the crowd cheers for you.

hey, discs are alot more expensive than golf balls, so that might actually be worth it.

i think about happy gilmore almost everytime i make a good shot. "why don't i just do that every time." after he gets a hole in one.

I dumped a perfectly worn Star Wraith on the first hole of Crestview in Topeka. Then lost a DX Archangel on 10. And backed it up by blasting a tree with my Star Destroyer. The only good news is that Destroyer now flies like the Wraith I lost.

There is nothin to do but laugh at that point.

Happy gilmore would be even better if it was about dg

did you lose them all in the pond?

Happy gilmore would be even better if it was about dg

Gonna have to disagree. He would be just like every other DGer. The best thing about Happy Gilmore (aside from Bob Barker) was that he was sticking it to the uptight yuppie ball golfers.

I don't think they exist in disc golf.

Swisher, I said the same thing to myself. "Wow I haven't lost a disc in a really long time. My arsenal is growing slowly now YES!"

The very next round I play I lost three discs. One into a canopy of trees never to be seen again, the other straight into the creek (had just rained three days straight) and on the next hole the disc takes a weird ass skip and takes a 90 degree left turn straight into the same creek. Ahem.

In one day I lost my Star Wraith and a DX Beast. The Wraith ended up on the roof of the gym at La Mirada after an errant tee throw, so at least I didn't waste any time looking for it. After that course I stopped by Oak Grove and lost the Beast after I turned I over more than I intended, didn't even have a good line on where it went. I spent about a half hour with the sun beating down on me in 105 degree So Cal summer. Not fun.

if i lose 2 discs im going home . And even if i find the second one im usually soaking wet and smell like Houston stink mud so i usually split then too, unless i got some extra clothes.

The first one i might just let go but im going in after that second one , unless its in the bayou , i dont go in there.

So today I was playing at Erin Go Bragh in Thompson, WI and I played the game of my life. I hit metal on two of the holes from the tee, and was getting birdies left and right... it was awesome... THEN I lost not 1, not 2, no... I lost 3 DISCS!!! 3 DISCS!!! I lost a brand new DX Archangel, a brand new I-Dyed Champion Sidewinder, and a semi-used but still in great condition Pro Beast... I couldn't be more bummed right now... Has this happened to you?

No it hasnt.

This was damn funny reading it back-to-back.

Gonna have to disagree. He would be just like every other DGer. The best thing about Happy Gilmore (aside from Bob Barker) was that he was sticking it to the uptight yuppie ball golfers.

I don't think they exist in disc golf.

Are you sure about that? I've met more than a few uppity DGers... big bag, fancy folding stool, gruff demeanor. Takes forever to play each hole, doesn't let you play through, generally an *******... but damn are they good.

my dumb arse just likes to leave discs lying in the fairway. I have lost 2 disc that way in the last month. :mad:

Are you sure about that? I've met more than a few uppity DGers... big bag, fancy folding stool, gruff demeanor. Takes forever to play each hole, doesn't let you play through, generally an *******... but damn are they good.

+1

there are definately dbags in DG. Fortunatly, they are the minority by far, unlike in golf where it's everywhere. Golf's for guys with goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor the accounant, huge ass.

the accounant, huge ass.

More the job than the game.

I shed a tear for young cute women in accounting...you know their destiny...

Double fisting pizza while using their toes to get a footfull of M&Ms at midnight with a single tear rolling down their pudgy cheek...

Latest posts