• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First ever attempt at dyeing. I think it went pretty well. Once I started I couldn't stop.

image_zpsc5a84f72.jpg

I don't know why, Zach, but this image popped into my head when I saw that spin dye. It has that depth of field feeling, with the (admittedly cool) logo jumping out of it. In other words, nice job!
sarkem.php

Thanks man.... I was really impressed with it. I wasn't sure how well the dye was going to set. You just never know when it comes to some of these discs.

I got a new plotter back in March and haven't really given it a go until recently so I thought I'd share what I came up with in the past few days. Some of these are for friends and because it had been a while since my last dye I decided to test with one of my discs first. The dye was too hot and warped the vinyl and I ended up with this

8FNTynvl.jpg

The rest turned out great

PeIe8Nel.jpg

NOX6JyOl.jpg

qAXg6wZl.jpg

2Baz4bDl.jpg

Love the Escher.

Thanks! It came out better than I expected with a slight bleed by the bottom pencil. I had the same problem on the bottom left portion of the owl with getting the vinyl to lay flat. I'm not sure if it had more to do with the curve of the disc or if the stencil was just too close to the edge.

Playing around with the "new" technique - painted on the yellow w/a brush, after I brainwaved/mindwarped the middle:

BrainwaveX2_zpsa45c52bd.jpg

The pic doesn't do it justice at all... 2nd attempt; haven't taken a pic of the 1st yet.

You would have to institute a no force powers rule. just don't say you will "try" to make your putt. He'll give you the whole "do or do not" lecture. [Eye roll]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts