• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
first dyes

Did my first three dyes today... came out pretty good for using the new formula rit dye... kind of light on the z plastic but looks great on the legacy icon plastic. got some bleeding on the legacy discs but it adds some character to the dyes.

Attachments

• biohazard[1].jpg
    biohazard[1].jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 51
  • charizard[1].jpg
    charizard[1].jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 63
  • daft_punk[1].jpg
    daft_punk[1].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 60
First ever dye...done with shaving cream method.

The shaving cream bed was real foamy/bubbly in the morning. What should i adjust to fix that? Could it have been the cardboard type plate I used?

174g Bottom-stamp Star Destroyer:

iOMhqkxl.jpg

ssio9hbl.jpg

It's pretty bad when you're surprised your own dye worked. This took like 3 or 4 days with pulling it out about 6-10 times to stir the dye. I had to switch to rit too, idye wasn't giving me the color. There was barely any vinyl around the nipple, I was almost positive it was going to bleed. :eek:

It's unfortunate how much this bled, I think it boils down to a bad combination of plastic type/condition, size of the image and maybe even the weather a little... :\

I may do a smoke dye around it depending on what the owner wants

Here's my latest "nebula" try using dishwashing gel as the base...Came out pretty good. I kinda overdid my blending with the toothpick. All in learning. Good thing i'm practicing on used discs. Still pretty stoked about it :D

I love that Walter White one by the way Holotone! Beatiful brainwaves in the letters. Quite nice. I need to practice my waves a bit more and dial that in ;-)

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the Truth, I've had this white one in my bag for a month or so, and she needed a makeoever.
Thanks to holotone for the stencil trade!

11839636185_cd883dd3af_z.jpg

Just pulled this one out of the dye bed tonight...Pretty happy with the non intended brainwavey effect. :D

Nebula style with worm dye. Used shampoo and no additive to worm dye. this is after an hour.

Attachments

• 2014-01-09 23.40.20.jpg
    2014-01-09 23.40.20.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 111
Hartman was kind enough to buy on of my Innova calendars on auction, even asked me to sign the month that carries my photo(November)!

The wife sent him a note as well, and the dawgs, they all know him well.

Decided to spruce up his remaining college life with a better than sweet UGA disc dye.

Legacy Rampage and DAM is it hard to get a good pic of a disc that dyes so well! This thing came out PERFECTLY -- no bleeds, and no "streaking" of the black like it looks in the picture -- everything is sharp. It looks so great in person, but in photos it shines so much that you can't get a smooth shot without a shadow or glare reflection.

In any case, enjoy my friend!
11900423516_76af28500d_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts