• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
core_zpsdcac6d34.jpg

Here's a core I lagged on finishing. Think I lost a little color on the plastic bag dye section since I left the vinyl on for almost 4 months before I finished it. Seemed to peel some of the color off from it when I finally removed it after finishing. Still came out pretty cool though

sidewinder_zps2394f5cd.jpg

Here's a sidewinder I just did for someone that returned one of my discs

mamba_zpsd36ebd5b.jpg

Mamba

core_zpsdcac6d34.jpg

Here's a core I lagged on finishing. Think I lost a little color on the plastic bag dye section since I left the vinyl on for almost 4 months before I finished it. Seemed to peel some of the color off from it when I finally removed it after finishing. Still came out pretty cool though

sidewinder_zps2394f5cd.jpg

Here's a sidewinder I just did for someone that returned one of my discs

mamba_zpsd36ebd5b.jpg

Mamba

Damn Son! You trying to hit premier dyer status around here? :hfive: to you, sir!

Love the colors and the mixed media you are doing. :thmbup:I have got to find a disc for you to dye for me.

What color was the Sidewinder pre dye?

Damn Son! You trying to hit premier dyer status around here? :hfive: to you, sir!

Love the colors and the mixed media you are doing. :thmbup:I have got to find a disc for you to dye for me.

What color was the Sidewinder pre dye?

Thank you sir! It's been a while since I have done anything so figured I gotta get my hands colorful again with some dye. Just got done completing a move...Got a few more i'll throw up in the next few days.

That sidewinder was white and I wiped the stamp clean...

Let me know if you want one done. I'd love to do one for ya. In fact I'd love to have you do one for me as well. You do the airbrush technique, don't ya? I remember looking at your gallery. Your dyes are insane.

Thank you sir! It's been a while since I have done anything so figured I gotta get my hands colorful again with some dye. Just got done completing a move...Got a few more i'll throw up in the next few days.

That sidewinder was white and I wiped the stamp clean...

Let me know if you want one done. I'd love to do one for ya. In fact I'd love to have you do one for me as well. You do the airbrush technique, don't ya? I remember looking at your gallery. Your dyes are insane.

Thanks for the positive words for my FUTURE dyes :thmbup:...as I have never dyed a disc before :eek:.

You might have seen Bigmanbailyes Star Wars dyes he did for me and checked out his gallerys?

I will get with ya though on a dye commission soon.

Nice Sidewinder Odyssey!

Here's a quick spin I did last weekend on an XL acquired from inthebasket last week.

Peace,
-Jeff

Attachments

• a024c646-9641-4e49-8561-07208fb020eb_zps4e248af2.jpg
    a024c646-9641-4e49-8561-07208fb020eb_zps4e248af2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 10b48356-0866-4f10-a802-f7b4c42404b0_zps2332d6ec.jpg
    10b48356-0866-4f10-a802-f7b4c42404b0_zps2332d6ec.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 97
This is fast becoming my favorite thread. I never really cared about dyed discs before, but you guys are doing some amazing work and straight up converting me.

Thanks for the positive words for my FUTURE dyes :thmbup:...as I have never dyed a disc before :eek:.

You might have seen Bigmanbailyes Star Wars dyes he did for me and checked out his gallerys?

I will get with ya though on a dye commission soon.
That must of been it. That Yoda is FIRE! Sounds good though man on the dye. Just let me know.

Good stuff there, Odyssey! :hfive: What kind of dye are you using on the clear plastic?
It was a combination of quick coat worm dye, pylam, and prochemicals I believe.

Nice Sidewinder Odyssey!

Here's a quick spin I did last weekend on an XL acquired from inthebasket last week.

Peace,
-Jeff
Thank you sir!

It's a technique I borrowed from Rob Edwards. I've also seen it used by BennettUA. It's elmers glue drizzled over the top of the disc, allowed to dry, and then dyed. Did it first with black. Then again with Red.

It's a technique I borrowed from Rob Edwards. I've also seen it used by BennettUA. It's elmers glue drizzled over the top of the disc, allowed to dry, and then dyed. Did it first with black. Then again with Red.

Nice work!

What method are you using to apply the dye after the glue has dried? Usual "flip & dip" with heat... or some other method?

I just realized that would be a good way to seal cuts in the mask to keep darker colors from bleeding too!:doh:

Thanks,
-Jeff

Yeah. Hot dip. I've been using elmers glue for years to seal gaps that are precut in the vinyl. I always cut the whole image then cover cuts that I don't want dye in with elmers glue. I've even used elmers glue as the masking for a whole section.

a few of my most recent dyes

Attachments

• 20131026_160045.jpg
    20131026_160045.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 20140518_121300.jpg
    20140518_121300.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20140608_194948.jpg
    IMG_20140608_194948.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 127
Status