• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very, very interesting...never seen anything like it.

Yea, ive been in contact with dude on FB...He's killin it! Definitely pushing the envelope on the typical spin dyes... He's got a background in pottery. Said he's been trying to bring some of that over to his dyes.

How in the World did he do that?!

No different than any other spin dye as far as initial technique, but he's using UV dyes brilliantly, and the "shades" are various layers of masking and unmasking.

Truly unique talent here, great stuff from RyDyes, messaged him and hope he can join and display his creativity on these forums!

I experimented with this type of stuff a few years ago..... he is doing it better lmao. I was just using scotch tape.... looks like he is using glue and paint brush maybe.

999606_470073189774258_1402894046_n.jpg

I had others... this one was just a simple masking.

I'm waiting on some disc right now... and have my shop set backup.

Oh... if you use hair gel, the dye will permeate through it just a little bit.... elmers glue typically doesn't. So, he could be using two different mixes on that disc to mask.

Tennessee checkerboard on a Star Leopard:
15891040203_500c5777c2.jpg

Screamer on my G PD:
16510181872_b0307cf6b2.jpg

And a redo of Bulby -- original is on my favorite old beat-to-hell-and-back Star Beast and now 5 years old, new one is on a Star Tern:
16323738650_7b354f682c.jpg

15891039233_5388e28cb2.jpg

cant wait till i get my tax return.. going to have to get some of you guys to bust me out some work! :thmbup:

cant wait till i get my tax return.. going to have to get some of you guys to bust me out some work! :thmbup:

Some of you guys? WTH IAN!?!?! LOL I'm not local anymore so it's all good whomever you go with, the talent here is on par:)D) with the top pros in the game!

Some of you guys? WTH IAN!?!?! LOL I'm not local anymore so it's all good whomever you go with, the talent here is on par:)D) with the top pros in the game!

i think you know who i was talking too :p:p .. i was going to see if i could get you to dye my avatar but like a ring of them in a circle .. like a ring of tysons? is that even possible? if not one big one would work .. i have a few others too just have to decide on what i want.. a ring of dead bears or something as well .. i thinking something in multiples if at all possible but yeah let me know what you are thinking

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts