• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One problem that I have never experienced is the vinyl took some of the color off the hot stamp. The foil is still there but it looks kinda messed up. I'm going to have to figure out a way to fix this on the rest of the discs.

Tape a piece of paper over the stamp before applying the vinyl. Lesson learned Fred, otherwise some very nice looking trophies!

What he said^^

I've cut plain paper to cover stamps with success. you really have to have a good amount of space between the edge of the stamp and the cut line though. If dye get past the cut line, the paper becomes a sponge and covers the whole thing in a giant bleed.

Last edited:
Tape a piece of paper over the stamp before applying the vinyl. Lesson learned Fred, otherwise some very nice looking trophies!

What he said^^

I've cut plain paper to cover stamps with success. you really have to have a good amount of space between the edge of the stamp and the cut line though. If dye get past the cut line, the paper becomes a sponge and covers the whole thing in a giant bleed.

Thanks guys, maybe use plastic food wrap to cover the area. It would be thinner than paper and might help with the bleed problem. I will experiment with different covers.

A requested rerun for the store, star Roc.

SYFRocsDSC_1750.jpg

Here's my latest on a Buzzz SS....

SPQR1.jpg

I read a lot of books on the Roman Empire

I finished the Trophy discs for the Hawk Hollow Open. Except for the damaged hot stamps they are damn near perfect. (the foil is still there just not the top color)

HHOpenTrophys1.jpg

Hi Folks! I am amazed by what you all are doing on here. Incredible work!! Dan Howard, your "October Trees" belongs in a museum. It is humbling to see such skill.
Anyway, I have a facebook page called "Brainwave Disc" and I would like to invite you all to stop by for a visit. Here is some of my work over the past thirty days. This is my first post on here so I am not sure how to post a link. If you know me you will be glad to know that I don't know how to post a link. Peace!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fi4n3BgmYc&feature=youtu.be

Hi Folks! I am amazed by what you all are doing on here. Incredible work!! Dan Howard, your "October Trees" belongs in a museum. It is humbling to see such skill.
Anyway, I have a facebook page called "Brainwave Disc" and I would like to invite you all to stop by for a visit. Here is some of my work over the past thirty days. This is my first post on here so I am not sure how to post a link. If you know me you will be glad to know that I don't know how to post a link. Peace!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fi4n3BgmYc&feature=youtu.be

Here you go Jeff:thmbup:
http://www.facebook.com/BrainwaveDisc?fref=ts

Testing...

I haven't posted a photo on here, yet, so this is a test. I'm running out of stuff to experiment on so I am feeding off of my own stash. Sound familiar to any of you? ;)

Attachments

• DSCN1689.jpg
    DSCN1689.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 127
I never duplicate my dyes, but in this case, I made an exception cuz the original has been lost.
P1030157.jpg

Not a dye, but here's a photo of about half my stash which was taken a few months back.

IMG_0764.jpg

@Fred.....very nice work.....hand cut or plotter on that last one? and how did you get the details in the face?

I don't have a plotter everything I do is hand cut. I am extremely near sighted so I can get about 2" from the vinyl when I cut. I'm also getting very good at cutting very slow.

But the dotted look on the face is from something that went wrong during the dye. There may have been some kind of grease or something that spotted the dyes in the center of the disc. It's weird but luckily it worked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts