• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's for SERE Nate. Hope you did it, man. Still a laveshift beauty in the sunshine. Would have got a better pic but it's winter in Michigan.
20130206_160225_zps88534ccb.jpg

Art credit to Jeremy Koling.

I think this doesn't look finished yet. Do you guys think i should do a color over the dino? Possibly Green or an orange?

Evolution Element
ElementTriceratops.jpg

Did another cover up on a bad factory dye.
Only the red was there from factory ..
I added the blue Purple and yellow.

The yellow actually tried covering the red .. witch was pretty interesting

11x Cal. Teebird

Background is Michigan under 5-12 inches of Snow .. Lol ~

IMGP0643_zps4bb5c07f.jpg

Last edited:
My first dye! I did a whole bunch more I'll be back once a day to add pictures. Stay tuned for a T-Rex, Anchorman, Buffalo Bills logo, The Hangover, and a Super Troopers dye!

IMG_3358_zps2c7c5f0f.jpg

Anyone know how to make photobucket images smaller? Or have them put in here as an attachment? PM me how please.

Last edited:
Copterstyle I really like the bright marbling on that Element. I've done too many dyes that made the disc harder to find, now I'm enjoying making 'em easier to find, like that one!

Last nights fun, Innova Roc Plus

IceBowlRocPlussDSC_3163_zps62328ea5.jpg

Rit powder mixed with acetone in the spin part, scarlet, orange, and purple. iDye yellow and iDye red in the center marbling.

:thmbup: Getting started with a BANG adevuyst. The soft background really makes that octopus pop!

Thanks Dan, The BG was soaking in rit & SC while I was out at local art shops looking for iDYE poly. The octopus was done with the latter.

Question: My girlfriend wants to leave the front foil on a disc, so we're going to dye the back. How do you get sharp lines around the little nipple of molding flash back there without it bleeding under? Melt it? flat razor? different method of covering the plastic?

It's always a challenge, best thing is to adjust your design so that no lines go across the nipple. Otherwise, I just do my best to seal it up, heat applied with a hair dryer is helpful.

Holotone, that's a great stencil! Not an easy job either, Nice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts